TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 29, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 29, 2016 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
did anyone know that Robert Ervine (???) had a daytime talk show in the Dr Phil zone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody catch the premiere of Wolf Creek on POP channel? It was so disturbing. It's based on a horror movie of the same name.

It's about a serial in the Australian outback. After one of his killing sprees, there is a lone survivor and she goes on the hunt to get revenge for him killing her entire family.

It's only a 6 episode series. I thought it was pretty good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I meant it's about a "serial killer" in my above post.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't see it airing here. I have seem both Wolf Creek 1 and 2, both pretty disturbing!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jasper, here in the US it's on the same channel as Big Brother After Dark (POP TV), so maybe it's on the channel you guys have BBAD? I believe it was on SLICE in Canada.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I checked out the sitcom American Housewife with the actress who played Molly's sister on Mike & Molly. The premiere was pretty good, I will check out the next episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch "Eyewitness" on USA on Sunday night?

Excellent drama...It's based on a Norwegian crime thriller.

I read somewhere that this is an anthology series, which I assume means this story will wrap up by the end of it's 10 episodes and next year, if renewed, there would be a different a story.

I highly recommend it!

http://www.usanetwork.com/eyewitness/cast

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was ok. Enough to stick with it.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just watched the premiere of The Travellers. Really enjoyed it, although I hope it moves a bit faster now that they did such a good job setting up characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so looking forward to Matt LeBlanc's new sitcom on CBS.

Man with a Plan

Matt LeBlanc returns to sitcoms in Man With a Plan (debuts Oct. 24), playing Adam Burns, a contractor who becomes more involved with his kids when his wife heads back to work — and it’s no easy task.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/21/man-plan-jackie-filgo-matt-leblanc

Matt's Showtime show, "Episodes", airs its last season starting in January 2017. I love that show and I was always ticked at how short short the seasons were.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WGN's Salem season 3, will begin on
November 2.

Here's the season 3 trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362HcX0Zfao

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I've heard of a new series titled "Chance", apparently it's the name of the doctor, neuroscientist, played by none other than Hugh Laurie, but very different from Dr. House. I can't find the channel that airs this series and wonder if it's another Netflix or HBO network that I don't have.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chance is an original Hulu show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh my, what is Hulu ? I just would like to see Hugh Laurie in this new series.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that Hulu is kind of like Netflix?

I really liked House!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Hulu is a streaming app. I tried Chance this evening. Something strange to it? Got kinda violent at one point. I'm done with it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked "Man with a Plan". I am a big Liza Snyder fan and have been waiting literally years for her to land another big part on a sitcom (She used to be on "Yes, Dear"). And who doesn't love Matt LeBlanc? I am so sad his other show "Episodes" is ending next year :-(

I was thinking how much better Kevin James' new show, "Kevin Can Wait", would have been if they had cast Liza as his wife instead of Erinn Hayes.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I discovered "Eyewitness" by accident! I was channel surfing last Saturday and the first episode was re-airing on another cable channel (I think Esquire?) so I looked it up and now it is set up on my DVR!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching "Stan Against Evil"? The best I can describe it is that it's IFC's answer to "Ash vs Evil Dead".

So it's a horror/comedy sitcom.

It's about a small town being taken over by demons, while the retired sheriff, his daughter, and the new sheriff fight to save the town. It's really funny but not as crude as Ash vs Evil Dead (but it has its moments). I am really enjoying it. I'm up to ep 4 in on-demand. The two last eps (7&8) air next Wednesday on IFC. And there is a marathon of the whole season on the morning of Nov 25. It's a 30 minute show, so a marathon goes by fast.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Good Behavior? Curious as to what anyone else thinks. I have seen the first two episodes and kinda like it. Which means it will never last. lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I started the watching the weirdest show tonight. It's called "Search Party" on TBS.

I would call it a mystery/comedy. IMDB describes the show as:

"Search Party is a dark comedy about four self-absorbed twenty-somethings who become entangled in an ominous mystery when a former college acquaintance suddenly disappears."

Each ep is 30 minutes long and they have put all 10 eps in on-demand at once so you can binge it. And you have the choice between the explicit version, or the safe for all ages version of each ep.

I am enjoying it!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
thanks for the suggestion, Naja!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 21, 2016 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I have to say watching the first episode, I thought it was so odd, and I wasn't sure I would like it. But it really kicked in during the second episode. So you may suffer ep 1, but ep 2 shows it was worth it :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody been watching the weekly 15 minute comedy on TOON channel called "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell"?

It's a very crude adult comedy that portrays hell as if it were run as dysfunctional office. I find it funny as hell :-) The jokes and make-up are so bad that it's good.

They are up to ep 5, but all the eps are in on-demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Leah Remini's new docuseries called
"Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" is very good. It started tonight on A&E.

It describes her life, escape, and aftermath of Scientology, along with others that helped her and that she helped along the way.

It's a limited series, but I'm not sure how many episodes. Ep one was very good!