TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 06, 2016 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't get the impression they were saying she had mental problems at all, just that she was trying to keep everyone safe and was fearful someone would try to take Randall away.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think her top priority in life was to keep her family safe and secure with her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good, I hadn't seen anything in previous episodes to suggest there was something wrong with her, and when they showed her thrashing around like that I wasn't sure what they were saying.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chrissy Metz (Kate) is going to be on Ellen tomorrow.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm thankful Randall will see his mom at Christmas. I wish she would have shared his dad with him but I *kind of* understand why she didnt. I was thinking she could have had him sign away his parental rights so she wouldnt lose him but back in those days I dont know if people thought like we do today

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My tv station is showing it tonight at 2 a.m. I am recording it. Do not see the latest episode on demand yet.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I was thinking she could have had him sign away his parental rights so she wouldnt lose him but back in those days I dont know if people thought like we do today"

I just assumed the court had ruled that the original parent had relinquished all his parental rights when he abandoned the baby so the adoption would be completely legal and safe. Don't all adoptions have to be approved by a judge in a court of law?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Now yes, but I'm guessing not in a small town in 1980. If Hector got attached to Randall and decided he wanted him before they finished all the legal work (which hadn't been done at birth) I think she was afraid there was nothing she could do to stop him taking his son back.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hector? Who's Hector??? Don't you mean William?

I understand her fear, but I feel bad for Randall missing out on all that time with his bio dad. I used to have a friend who was adopted. She loved her parents, but was always curious about where she came from. The one time she mentioned to her mother about wanting to find her bio parents, her mom burst into tears, so she never mentioned it again. I have another friend who gave up a daughter for adoption in the 60s. They were reunited a few years ago, but her bio daughter is a terrible mess (addiction issues). The problem with finding a child/parent is that you never know what kind of Pandora's box you might be opening. Rebecca knew William had addiction issues and maybe was partly afraid of complications of bringing him into their lives, but also I think she was mainly motivated by fear of losing her son. Understandable, but doesn't make it right.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ha, I'm terrible at names and couldn't see it mentioned upthread, and came up with Hector. No idea why!

It would have particularly been bad in this case because Randall is black, and from what I read there was some resistance to putting black babies in white families, and a bio-dad black William might definitely have been seen as a more suitable parent even if not reliably clean and sober.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this show is waayy to serious. I was hoping for something akin to Parenthood with comedy mixed with the drama. There was a good balance there.

With This Is Us, there is nothing to lighten all the seriousness. At this point, I don't like any of the adult kids. They all act extremely entitled and self-centered. But watching them as children, I'm not seeing them treated the way that would turn out such crappy adults. So, in that area, I'm curious and will continue watching.

However, I really think they need to lighten it up a bit or they'll lose me as a viewer.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read an interesting article on what makes the mothers of adopted children resistant to their children meeting their biological parents. This article said a lot of the issues revolved around the adopted mom's (of course in this case that is obviously not the issue) infertility and how it brought it back to the forefront when they were confronted with the biological parent.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't have an issue with the serious nature of the show. It's a drama, so that is what I was expecting. I love the show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't want this to be a comedy, but I love the humor.

Randall confronts his biological dad and yells at him, then turns to go. Dad says, "Do you want to come inside? and in they go.

They argue inside and Randall storms out. He comes right back in and says "Do you want to meet your grandchildren?"

Love it!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
An adoption story here in Chicago as told by a talk radio host who was the adopted baby. It started in Ithaca, NY. In the '60s, late teens unmarred couple had a baby. Gave it up for adoption. The now radio host loved his adopted parents, but there was alcohol involved through much of his life with them. He got into radio and some acting which took him all over the country. Ended up in Chicago. Eventually both adopted parents died. Radio host did have a little info about his birth parents. He started search for them. In time learned they had married and were living in CHICAGO. Found his mom was working in a hospital gift shop not far from the radio studio. Went there to see her, but didn't want to shock her so didn't say anything. Sent a letter via FedEx so he'd know she got it, but could contact him if she wanted to. She did. He learned he has two biological sisters. His father had died not too long before. One of his sisters had often walked by the radio studio which is street level for viewing. They finally met on a Mother's Day for lunch. Family ever since!! This happened app. 10 -12 years ago. All unfolded as the radio host told it over time as it was happening.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chrissy Metz was on Ellen today. Said at this point in the story, as we know, will be losing weight with surgery. Yet she . . . . We'll have to watch. Can I say she did look extra large today. I don't know?? I've been thinking maybe today and in last few episodes she's been wearing extra padding. Maybe she has already had surgery or has been dieting for a while. When show comes back from winter break, she will weigh less?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Never watched Parenthood. I love this show for what it is.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I love this show!!

I also saw Chrissy Metz on the Ellen show today and I also thought she may have been padded to look heavier.

In the last episode that showed her sitting on a tree stump outside the family cabin as Kevin approached her, well, I thought she looked very padded for that scene.

Haha.....I guys we'll all be watching for any changes in Chrissy Metz's looks from now on!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
She's a good actress, whether she's padded or not.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Binge watching due to the excessive posts. Nothing like I thought. Gripping in every way...I am on the career day ep as I type this but gotta agree with above posts...LOVED the end the pool episode (it's how I feel every time my did year old lies on top of me) and as a female sports fanatic (due to my granddad, not parents) I was that girl that actually wanted to WATCH the high school football games while in the stands, and don't go to Super Bowl parties because I want to watch the game. If only my son could appreciate that love of my sports teams like these characters did.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Not going to spoil but I am in shock. Best ep ever! Can't wait to discuss it. I think it's Emmy worthy, even if I do want to strangle the writers!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This is definitely my new favorite show! Love it! Can't wait till January 10th.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Wow wow wow

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
NOOOOOO!!!