TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 15, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Saturday Night Live (SNL): Archive through November 15, 2016 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I misunderstood ~ SNL returns on November 7th when Trump will host.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Trump was on, kinda funny actually. I think this was an episode from late September.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am hoping humanity comes to its senses and Adele's appearance on SNL this weekend will get higher ratings than Trump's did.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Matthew McConaughey AND Adele? Now there's TALENT! Can't wait!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
nope, won't happen, Adele is not a three ring circus.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The tribute to Prince was excellent last night but I could've done with less of Jimmy Fallon's long winded intros. Very nice of SNL and NBC to devote the entire 90 minutes to Prince's various appearances over the years.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And I have had The Prince Show theme stuck in my head since Saturday night!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Caught SNL last night and was pleasantly surprised that quite a bit of it was funny.

Peter Dinklage & Leslie Jones spoofed Naked & Afraid. It was hilarious.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That really was one of the better episodes this season. It was a rerun from a few weeks ago. Peter can do anything it seems :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I hope they do a skit on the White House Correspondent's dinner from the perspective of those in the audience .Wolfe Blitzer gave Larry Wilmore the death scare. The "Obama out" drop mic was way cool.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 42 starts this Saturday Night, October 1.

Supposedly they purposely picked the Saturday after the first Presidential debate as the premiere, so you just know they have something special planned.

Rumor has it that Alec Baldwin will be portraying Trump in the premiere(but he's not the host).

Margot Robbie is the premiere host and Weeknd is the musical guest. And no, I didn't misspell
"Weeknd"...LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Alec Baldwin will be on again tonight and I assume every week for awhile considering the material the Donald is giving him to work with. I am enjoying every minute of his performances!

Also, congrats to Kate Mckinnon on her well deserved Emmy. She just gets better and better every season

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, Alex is available and probably has spare time because he is in NYC filming the match game,This is not the most challenging to film

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How great was it finally seeing Lady GaGa back to making music?! It's been 3 years! (I don't even count the CD she made with Tony Bennett in 2014. bleh)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Naja, I was excited to see Lady GaGA too! However, I didn't like her first song, it was too 'country' for me. The second ballad was better.

I really enjoyed most of the skits tonight, Tom Hanks was great.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I would so love to see Alec Baldwin and Kate M to be nominated for Emmy's for their Donald & Hilary skits.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Was that an opening segment for the ages or what? I had no idea Kate McKinnon knew how to sing OR how to play the piano! That "Hallelujah" is not an easy song to sing. She sang and played it beautifully. What a unique opportunity to honor Mrs. Clinton and Leonard Cohen. I was a weepy mess by the time it was over.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Here is a video of the segment.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/13/entertainment/snl-kate-mckinnon/index.html

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Is there something wrong with my ears? I didn't think she sounded especially "beautiful".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It was OK.
I liked Dave Chapells monologue.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I loved the segment in which he revived the characters from The Chappelle Show.

But most of all, I LOVED seeing A Tribe Called Quest again.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought she did a beautiful job as well. She's not knows to be a singer or pianist and I'm sure she sounded better than I could! I was moved by her performance and the opening of SNL. Chapell hit every note too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dave was awesome! Glad to see him back

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Dave' monologue, it was fantastic

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Color ~ It's not so much that her voice would win on a show like The Voice. It was the fact that for not being a singer, she did a mighty fine job on Saturday. Her paying tribute to two people with that one song was brilliant and moving. She is a gem.

I haven't caught the rest of the show yet but am looking forward to watching Dave Chappelle.