TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2016 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Love William.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It looks like next week the turkey is going to hit the fan.... loved seeing Seth Meyers as a cameo!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Seth Meyers cameo was fun.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That scene at the gas station mini-market was so suspenseful! I was really, really hoping that Kate would get out of the car and throw all the junk food she bought into the trash. Alas, she did not.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find this episode and my PVR didn't record it. Was it shown in Canada this week?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, November 18, 2016 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
This show continues to be so good. The montage at the beginning and end with the washing machines was just incredible.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 18, 2016 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA! I want to be part of their lives, love all of them!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 18, 2016 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If you end up looking for it online, Mame, the episode you missed is Episode 7, "The Best Washing Machine in the Whole World." It looks to me like you can watch it here: http://www.ctv.ca/This-Is-Us

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode left me an even bigger wreck than usual. I was boo-hoo-hooing all over the place. I'm such a crybaby (and PROUD of it)!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This is the only new show this season that I am still watching. Such great storylines and all of the actors are incredible.
Loved the scene with William and Kevin's girlfriend and Kate's scenes broke my heart.
The quick scene between Rebecca and Kevin when she couldn't remember the name of his play and he said he's told her at least 8 times concerned me. I think that scene was to set up an Alzheimer's storyline for the current day Rebecca.
My only complaint is that I wish Jack was alive in the current day storyline. Would love to see his character as an older adult interacting with his grandkids. Miguel seems to be a bit of a tool.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'll join the crybaby parade! I love this show and how it touches my soul for some reason. It covers so many intricate aspects of the characters and is heartfelt to me. So, yes!....love, love, love this show!!

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
This is definitely my favorite show. I have laughed and cried and just thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Sadly tho, I have to say I was disappointed to learn this week about kate's story line. I was thrilled that there was a plus-size woman as a main character on tv. A role model. She showed that a larger woman could have a job, a family, a boyfriend, a sex life, etc... but this week, it came out that weight loss is in her contact. Some time in the future, the character and the actress will lose weight. To me, that's taking a step backward, giving the message that she needs to be fixed, she isn't good enough the size she is. She literally (and figuratively) doesn't fit in. What a shame.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
The scene with Miguel asking if he could wear the hat broke my heart...what great acting!

I was shocked with Kate's announcement and wondering how that would play out. I have a friend who just had it and it's not the easy fix people think it is.

Male actors gain and lose weight all the time for a role, I feel like it's a double standard to be upset if a female actor gains or loses for the role. Are large part of Kate's story line has been her being unhappy with her weight and the things she is doing to resolve that unhappiness.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Miguel asking to wear the hat annoyed me, not his place. That Thanksgiving and all that happened was with the core family of 5, not Miguel. Randall & Kevin should continue to take turns, maybe let Kate have a turn and then Randall's girls and any other grandkids can take turns when the time comes.

I also hated how Kate treated Toby.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree, why would he even want to?

I dislike how toby just shoves huge amounts of food into his mouth in front of her. He deserved everything she said. He is not being considerate of her at all. If he wants to gorge food, do it in private and try to be sensitive to her when you are eating together. Not that hard, imo.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
To me, the hat symbolized to Miguel as being part of their family. Kevin letting him wear it siginififed he finally accepted him.

I agree, I did not like how Kate treated Toby.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes, it did but I just wish there was something else that wasnt already established that the sons took over. Something that just the dad did and no one has done it since would have been better, imo

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
That's why this show is so good. There are so many layers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
To me, the hat symbolized to Miguel as being part of their family. Kevin letting him wear it siginififed he finally accepted him.

Absolutely agree with you, Texannie! Apparently Miguel has been a part of their family for some time and he just wanted to be accepted as such. I thought it was cold-hearted of Kevin to deny him that privelege and was glad he later changed his mind. He's not trying to take their dad's place, he just wants to be a part of the family.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA BJM! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised about the support for Toby. She told him when they got together that it could only happen if he was focused on losing weight too, and he said he would be. Then it's okay to fall off the wagon and slip a bit, but he seems to have a blatant disregard for her feelings over food, and how difficult he makes if for her when he eats so freely in front of her.

They live apart, he could eat what he wants at home and eat healthily while with her. He professes to love her and to understand the food struggles but he's just coming across as thoughtless and selfish to me. She told him straight out what it would be and he chose it. Now he wants to change and she doesn't... unfortunate it fell apart but it seems to be mostly his fault to me.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I can see both sides. Yes, they had a "deal". However she is going to have to be around people who are eating all the time. I think she needs to learn how to be able to do it herself, regardless of what others around her are doing. Like alcoholics, some can be around others drinking, others can't. But with food, everybody has to eat!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, she does have to deal with other people eating decadently around her, but not right now, and especially not right now with the person (she hoped would be) closest to her.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
But Toby was so blatantly mean to her at least twice:
Once when he pushed himself and his friend on her personal and private "game night" to memorialize her deceased father.
Then, when he could not even try to eat modestly when she is around. It's not like he can't eat whatever he wants when she is not around.

I didn't like him much from the start. His sarcastic "mean" jokes didn't sit right with me. Personally, I know that I would not put up with someone like that in my life.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think they are doing a great job breaking through stereotypes.. of showing that just having fat in common isn't a relationship builder. ...that fat people are not all alike.