TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 12, 2016 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 1:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This episode was the best yet...it finally feels like American Horror Story to me! I think this was the first week the show ended with me already feeling anxious for the next episode. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the new characters.

I was really happy to see Frances Conroy as the matriarch of a family of inbred cannibal hillbillies...Yikes!...and Evan Peters was a hoot as the psychotic Mott! These characters are about as twisted and creepy as it gets.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Frances Conroy kills it every time! I was happy to see her but wow, her character sure is creepy. As is the rest of that family!

Glad to see Evan Peters, hope we see more of him even though he was a ghost in Hotel, too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I do agree this was the best ep this season.

Naja, good to know that is exactly how she is on her cable show. If I knew that before I watched, I may have felt differently

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I instantly recognized Doris Kearns Goodwin's voice without even looking at the tv. It took me a minute to realize what house she was referring to !
Now to go back and watch carefully as the scene was so dark and I wan to know who/what grabbed Flora.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I had no idea Doris Kearns Goodwin was an actual historian. However, as I watched her scene, I was thinking she was a really good actress because she hit the nail on the head playing a kind of monotone, professor type expert just like real historians I've seen in documentaries. They always appear to have rehearsed their words but none of them appear to be "acting" or that they're anything more than what they are - "professor type experts". Ms Goodwin came across exactly the same.

I guess that's because, unbeknownst to me, she was one of them! :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Excellent episode! I love the turn they took in this.

It's now a new show documenting the making of a reality show that's centered around the actors who portrayed the real life people who lived the story in the original show, and the real life people themselves, all staying in the haunted house, about which the original show was made.

Easy peasy.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I'm still loving crazy Kathy Bates!

Did I see right and this episode was directed by Angela Basset?

I still want to see more of the other actors!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes it was and it was spectacular!

O actually think the first few eps will be more enjoyable when I rewatch knowing about this turn of events

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I am in and out on this show. One week I think it is absolutely brilliant and the next I am, blah. This was a blah week for me. I might have expected to much, thinking it would be their Halloween blowout show. Just seemed like a filler show for me. I won't give up on it. Never have. It is still one of my most anticipated viewing pleasures.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The acting in this ep was horrible and the killings seemed super fake! I hated this ep. I think next week we will find that these last 3 eps wwere actually scripted like the first 5 eps.

honestly, last week, I thought YAH! I want to rewatch the first 5 eps now knowing what I know and now I just want to delete the whole season! :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just heard Taissa Farmiga is supposed show up soon in this season. I had assumed she was sitting this one out. Guess not :-)

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I was wondering that, too, Pamy - if these episodes were real.

I also read that about Taissa Farmiga being on soon, too.

Sidney's assistant asked him if they should ask "Diana" to come on the show and he said "NO!" I wonder who that is, unless I missed it?

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing Pamy. This episode was so bad, the acting was worse than bad. These actor are all better than that. There has to be some kind of big turn coming up.

I just wonder if this is it. We have been waiting for the big tie in. Maybe this it. They have all just been actors acting all these years. In the end Kathy Bates is actress Kathy Bates, Evan Peters is Even Peters, Sarah Paulson is ......

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I googled to see if i could find any theories like mine and i didnt but i didnt spend much time on it but I did see a quote from the showrunner that said something like the first 5 then ep 6 to 9 show that the first 5 werent what we thought and then the final 10 is another twist and something about ep 10 tying into other seasons.

Biloxi, your theory could be what ep 10 will be

there is just no way that acting was that bad without it being on purpose and the way that blood squirted straight up from her neck reminded me of bad student horror films

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe this episode was just supposed to be a presentation of a typical reality show....one that's pretending to be a documentary with real people but is actually scripted to death and uses people who think they can act (but can't).

You know what I mean...just a bad fake show with bad fake acting like one of those ridiculous fake "Real Housewives" shows. <eye roll>

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Judging by next week's preview, I think you got it right in your last post, SFJ!

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The preview showed some of the people who died this week still alive next week

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that would be fun. I wonder how many episodes are left?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, yes that's exactly what I was thinking

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure I am wrong about what I put in the spoiler tags above. I rewatched the preview and I had gotten the characters mixed up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I love this series but this season is really spotty when it comes to maintaining my interest. I'm trying really hard to get into it, but it's not easy because it's all over the place. I'm used to their previous style of delving deeply into one story and telling it along with background stories of all the characters. It's called American Horror Story, so it should be telling a very deeply textured story, not just showing shaky film footage all patched together of a bunch of people running upstairs and then downstairs and then back upstairs while screaming. We get it. They're scared.

This season really is a mess.

I really miss the deeply rooted multilayered characters like the ones in every single previous season. The only hint of that this season was the back story episode of Mr Mott, but that was just one episode. This season's characters are all so flat - the one innocent couple, the devious filmmakers, the entitled actors playing the roles, and the ghosts whose only point is to be the "bad guys" with no real story to back them up. Just saying this ragtag group of ghosts are the missing Roanoke settlers isn't a "story"...it's just a cheap gimmick to explain them away without having to delve into their stories. Just like the "found footage" theme is a cheap trick that bypasses any kind of cinematic style this show used to be known for.

C'mon, Ryan Murphy...I used to LOVE this series but this season has been a huge disappointment, except for just one very entertaining episode. Not cool.

Can you tell I'm disappointed after waiting all year for this? To add insult to injury, I love the series so much I find myself still looking forward to each episode hoping it be better but wind up totally letdown every week except for the Mr Mott episode. :-(

Rant over

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
another reason this has to be a scripted fake true story is that the would never air real footage of people being murdered.

Im sure ep 10 will show how eps 1-9 were all a reality show with the 3 days in hell being scripted to piggy back and squeeze more ratings money because the first reality show was a huge success.

either way, I dont care this is the worst season of all and like Sanfran if it wasnt part of the AHS series I woould have stopped watching weeks ago

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
What a mess this episode was....Granted I was sleepy but this show is getting so confusing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
According to the preview, next week is yet another reset of the story!

In case you missed the trailer and want to be surprised...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
They showed Sarah Paulson playing her TV psychic character again interviewing earless Lee(?), the only survivor from this week's episode. They were not at the Roanoke house.

I think she mentioned something about her being on trial in a big murder case that took place at the house of the Roanoke TV show (and reality show) murders.

The clip was cut way short because it was at the very end of the hour and the TIVO cut off, so that's all I saw.

Oh yeah, I think this is Sarah's third character in this season alone. She the wife's real life counterpart in the reenactment scenes, then the British actress who played that role and now the TV psychic she played in both season one and season 5.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just want this over

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL Pamy. They didn't call it a horror story for nothing but I doubt your view is what they had in mind.