TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 02, 2016 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
SFJosh - yes, our city was preempted due to a Blazer game. I finally saw it online.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OMG, you guys!!! Jack's DEAD!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show. I used to sit and watch football with my dad, too, even though I didn't understand any of it. It was an opportunity just to be with my dad. My brother thought sports took my dad away from him and hates sports to this day, but I saw it as a way to be with my dad and hang out on the couch with him. My dad's been gone almost 30 years, but I think of him almost every time we watch sports on TV. We used to watch on a tacky little black and white portable TV. I so wish my dad could watch a game on our 50" HD plasma TV. He would love it so much and wouldn't believe the picture!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think this is the best new show of the season.

I do agree with an article I read that said Kate's storyline needs to be about more than her weight. Glad to see that this week did that, hope it continues.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
her storyline is also about being the rock for her brother

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
See, I see her storyline is about her finding herself as a separate person from her twin. Same with her brother.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes that too!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I love her relationship with her dad!
I also love how we are seeing how are reflationships with our parents, effect how we parent.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SFJosh - yes, our city was preempted due to a Blazer game. I finally saw it online."

I was wondering how we saw the same show and got totally different interpretations! It makes sense now that I know you hadn't seen the episode yet. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And just a trivial thing but if I really want to watch something, be it a spo9ing event or a favorite show or the news.. I'm not big on it being a social event where food is the focus and people are chit chatting. So I'm better at watching on my own.

Now, if I choose to pause, that is different.

So I could just FEEL Kate's frustration when she wasn't able to just watch the game.

And of course her boyfriend was well meaning but couldn't get what was important.

And then, even better, he DID get it! I liked that, too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Love this show!

Piper45840

03-02-2006

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Piper45840 a private message Print Post    
This is my favorite show! I agree it's the best new show of the season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Ill be so bummed if the bio-dad already died :-( I want to see more interactions between him and the whole family

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, did you not see where Kate was watching football with "her dad"-- who was actually an urn presumably full of his ashes? And the mom is married to Miguel. Pretty much seems like he's dead. But I'm sure we'll still see him in flashbacks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well you are bummed.. it sure looks like the bio dad of the adopted twin died and was being mourned by his son. Interesting that the actor brother seemed to get more conversation with him than the bio son.

And the bio dad of Kate and the actor brother.. is ashes in an urn. So both are gone.

Confusing because I thought when the mom visited she was with.. someone?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
She was with Miguel, her husband's co-worker who she appears to be married to when visiting Randall and family. We don't know if Jack and Rebecca divorced or not. As she was wearing a necklace Jack had given her, people are speculating they were still married whenever Jack died.

I don't think we have seen the last of William, I suspect that may have been a glimpse of what is to come.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I am talking about the bio dad, not Jack :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Froggy's was a very popular bar in Pittsburgh when the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 1980.

That is the bar they showed them at on the show.

Didn't the daughter say she was conceived in the bathroom? lol

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Pamy - I linked an article (a page back) about the mourning we see Randall have for William (his bio-dad) is a flash forward, and that William is NOT dead (yet). It will happen, but it was not off screen as I thought originally, but a forward flash. Hope that helps.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Scotch, YAH! ty!!!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I want to be friends with all of the people on this show!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I know, right?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes and I want to have been friends with the parents back in the day too!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
My favorite character is definitely Jack. For me, he's the heart of the show. Every single episode I end up wanting to give him a big hug.

Do y'all watch the little after-show discussions on-line after the episodes? I thought it was sweet during one of them when Milo said that he even feels paternal towards the actors who play the adult kids. :-)