TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Timeless: Archive through October 11, 2016 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I feel like he's her dad. But I could be wrong.
BTW..watched Frequency and deleted the timer for it. I can only handle one time-travel show at a time and this beat that hands-down.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Great catch! I totally overlooked the shots of the journal. So she she wrote her journal in the past, but that past is still in her future because she hasn't written it yet, but Visknic has it so he's already been to a future that's in both of their pasts....unless he just found it somewhere in the present, which is still the future of her past. ( Wheeeee! It's like an upside down roller coaster in my head!)

SFJF, I think my head just exploded.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
lol

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Reading all your thoughts got me thinking in several different directions. Maybe Lucy is engaged to Visknic. Maybe she was his wife and mother of his child who he supposedly killed. Maybe too far fetched.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Far-fetched, but definitely interesting, Smokey. Truly anything can happen on this show!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I just watched my recording and I absolutely love this show. This show is definitely DVR-worthy!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For all we know, our trio is running around re-breaking the time line that the supposed "bad guy" is fixing.
====================================

This crossed my mind when I was watching the previews for the season. I'm wondering if he's actually a "good guy." (It also crossed my mind that he could be Lucy's father).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Looks at SFJF and has flashbacks to the TVCH "Lost" thread...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ok, I'm not even going to read all the complex theories above so that my head doesn't explode. LOL. But I watched this and I'm hooked. Reminded me a bit of Quantum Leap, which I just loved. And I love that this is a mini history lesson each week.

BabyJaxMom -- I love, love, love Peggy Sue Got Married. Such a charming and touching film. And Kathleen Turner was so perfect in that film.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Craperdoodles! I kept falling asleep and missed many bits of the show and it was deleted. I will likely be quite confused.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
this sounds interesting, what channel is it on?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, doesn't your DVR have what I call a "Lost and Found" - which would be all your deleted shows for you to recover?

Dipo, it is on NBC on Monday night.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I liked this one, too. Lots of little bits of storylines created in the pilot to follow throughout the series, pretty much all mentioned here, already.

The pilot felt rushed, like it should have been a 90 minute or 2 hour intro.

Also, reminded me of a pilot I saw 8 or 10 years ago for a reboot of The Time Tunnel, in which everyone in the facility remembered 2 timelines because they were underground when some test to try and produce "hot fusion" went wrong a flummoxed the time stream. This show was for SyFy and didn't get picked up, so I hope Timeless succeeds and finds an audience.

I like the cast and the premise. I like that an entrepreneur created time travel, and not the government.

I hope they go back further into the past than the 20th century. If they don't visit the old west, or classic Greece or Rome, I'll be disappointed.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, I have no idea, never heard of such an option but will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Looks at SFJF and has flashbacks to the TVCH "Lost" thread...

Lexie, me TOO!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, Oh yes! They will definitely go into other eras. Here's a great story (no spoilers, except about time periods visited) with Abigail Spencer (the star) talking about the fabulous costumes she gets to wear--except for the corsets!

http://www.eonline.com/news/800413/abigail-spencer-loves-her-timeless-fashions-minus-those-wretched-corsets-you-burp-all-the-time

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
According to the time travel rules of this show, as soon as they came back, no one in the future had any knowledge of the original Hindenburg crash - only what they had changed, right?
So if Flynn went back to 1937 and changed things, he changed the timeline so that from the point of when he left on - no one should have had any knowledge of the original crash. How did the professor still know the original information? It had already been changed in 1937. They shouldn't have known that anything had changed or what to try to prevent.
All they would know was that someone had taken the original time machine and where they had gone.
So they could definitely send a team back to try to apprehend the thieves, but they still would only be able to work with the new timeline that Flynn created back then as far as known historical facts, wouldn't they?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Paradox!

When they changed history in 1937, the folks in the time travel lab should have never known that the Hindenburg actually crashed upon landing in the first place.

It's a paradox, like the example often used to explain what a paradox is:

If you go back to the past and accidentally kill your grandfather before your father is born....then you would never have been born.....so that means you had never existed...and if you never existed, you couldn't have have gone back in time to kill you grandfather in the first place.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Didn't that professor give something to the black guy on the team to spy on the others or something?

Was it a digital recorder or some kind of communication device? If so, that could explain how the professor knew more than he should have when they returned.

Or maybe the professor had already read that journal the woman wrote in her future/past of 1961? If there is a record of their time traveling in a journal or on a recording device it could've already been found in the present.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
They just don't seem to be playing by their own rules. In 1937 Flynn kept the Hindenburg from crashing on arrival. That's the only thing that the professor (Lucy) could have known when we first met her since, later on when she came back, everyone only remembered the changes that she and her group made. Her still knowing all the original events at the beginning doesn't make sense.
But yet she, and everyone else, is still remembering the same original timeline until she goes back in time. How can her actions completely change the reality and perception of those in the future but Flynn's didn't?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"In 1937 Flynn kept the Hindenburg from crashing on arrival. That's the only thing that the professor (Lucy) could have known when we first met her"

But Flynn and Lucy & company were all back in 1937 at the same time. Lucy and the two guys "landed" and had to travel (miles?) to get to the Hindenburg field. They hitchhiked, right? That took some time.

All Flynn had to do was keep the ropes from getting wet, which he did moments before Lucy & company arrived to the Hindenburg landing. Flynn must've done that during the time Lucy & company were making their way from the time machine to the Hindenburg field.

She couldn't have known about any of those changes before she left in the time machine in 2016 because the changes happened during her own visit to 1937.

I think the time travelers only remember their own "present" wherever or whenever they are. They remember the sequence of events that they personally experience. When they made changes in 1937 and jumped back to 2016, they never got to experience the subsequent chain of events that resulted in changes to their own lives, hence the surprises at a different future.
------

In my previous post I was confused because I didn't know anyone's name! When you said "professor" I just thought you were referring Connor Mason, the scientist/entrepreneur guy who invented the time machine.

This guy:
mvs
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430667/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

I checked imdb.com and now I know the names of the woman, Lucy, the special forces guy, Karl, and the third guy on the team, Rufus, and the scientist guy Connor.

But don't assume I will remember them next week....:-)

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
What an exciting episode with the ramifications of Reconstruction after Lincoln.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Flynn is going to end up being her father.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I wonder if Flynn is going to end up being her father."

They have created a perfect set up for it. Lucy and her mother could easily be the family Flynn was accused of killing now that they have established that Lucy's father isn't who she thought he was. The sister who ceased to exist was likely the daughter of the man whom Lucy believed was her father.

Lucy and her mom may have moved to another time when Lucy was a baby and their disappearance was a key factor in the accusation against Flynn.

Remember - if there is a time machine in the present, that time machine can travel to any time period in history so it's possible that anyone in the past could've traveled to a different time.

Or maybe there was a change in history that separated Flynn from his wife/daughter and he's just changing history in an attempt to get his own life and family back.

There are multiple possibilities...I love it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SFJF - I love that possibility!!!