TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
PREEMPTED SHOWS!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PREEMPTED SHOWS! users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There's already a thread for cancellations and renewals...but I think we need one about preempted episodes of shows so everyone will know where to look when something goes wonky!

So I made one and here it is.

1. Last night there was supposed to be a new episode of Blindspot on NBC, but they aired a Law & Order SVU repeat instead.

2. There was also supposed to be a new episode of Law & Order SVU (following Blindspot) on NBC, but they aired another L&O SVU repeat instead.

3. Also last night there was supposed to be a new episode of Criminal Minds on CBS, but it, too, was a repeat (It had Shemar Williams in it, so it was from last season)

4. On Tuesday night (Nov 1) there was supposed to be a new episode of Bull on CBS called "Bedside Manner" and it was supposed to about a doctor, but instead they aired a repeat of the episode about a plane crash and a female pilot.

In all likelihood, all of these episodes will be overlooked by my TIVO when they actually do air because my TIVO thinks it has already recorded them.

I guess there's a tiny chance that TPTB will change something in the schedule coding, so that all our DVRs will know that these are new episodes when they do finally air...but I;m not going to count on it.

In the meantime, I guess we should keep a lookout for them, especially on their regular nights, to make sure our DVRs aren't overlooking them because they think they're repeats.

Note: For all I know there were even more preemptions. I haven't checked everything that's aired this week!

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Same thing with Chicago PD. Was supposed to be new, but was a repeat.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Everything got screwed up because of the World Series, I was surprised when the "new shows" turned out to be reruns, especially Bull, they don't even have that many shows aired to begin with.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No network shows next Tuesday evening. That's in my TiVo schedule already. In the past, don't remember that there were no network shows on election night.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think that the networks were convinced that the world series had unexpectedly got interesting. it is simple math, they assumed it was not worth burning off new shows against the game.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The World Series had 40 million viewers for Game 7 (plus ABC had 12 million for the CMA Awards), so why waste a new episode when you have so few of them (22 eps or less over a 35 week "regular" season). This will let them air a new episode when they would have had a repeat, so it balances out in the end.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I thought my DVR was wonky. It showed as having DVR'd Blindspot but SVU came up instead.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm going to keep a lookout on my guide for next week for Criminal Minds and L&O:SVU for Nov. 9 so I can manually set the record button. Obviously, the next new episode of NCIS: New Orleans won't air until the following week (11/15).

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes I will have to make a note of these episodes and manually set them because they won't show up as new...thanks Wilson

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Whew.....we were wondering what happened with Blindspot. We wanted to watch Blindspot off our DVR last night and SVU came up. Thought maybe DirecTV or our DVR had a problem. Sorry it wasn't Blindspot but glad it wasn't a provider or DVR issue.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just adjusted my VCR to record both new and reruns on the pre-empted shows.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Looks like they are all airing on 11/9

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Great thread idea!

My screen guide has finally been updated so I can manually set the missed programs to record now!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Nice thinking Sanfran... for once I feel among friends who want to reassure me I'm not going totally insane...

One nice reward however for PVR users like me, I feel such a relief when I can zap right away a 'wonky' show and use that time to go for a walk.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a comcast X1 box and I didn't have to fix anything for next week. All my preempted shows are scheduled to record without me doing anything. The correct episode numbers and everything are in the guide.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On Directv the guide didn't change quick enough last week, so it taped what it thought were the new programs, so when the programs come on again it thinks you've already watched them, so won't record.

They never seem to get programming changes quickly, it always takes 48-72 hours.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 2:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Odd, but I checked my TIVO's "To Do List" and all 4 of the shows it "thought" it had recorded this past week are already set to record on their new air dates. I didn't have to make any manual adjustments!

It looks like besides just correcting the schedule, they actually changed the "original air date" in the descriptions of the episodes so the TIVO didn't overlook it!

I don't think I've seen it do that before. Maybe they finally realized they get a drop in the ratings when something is preempted at the last minute because so many people use DVRs now.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Not sure if this is the proper thread for this but there was some discussion about the shows being preempted for the election.

I found it amusing that only three shows I watch will be airing new episodes on election night:

1. Channel Zero

2. No Tomorrow

3. Aftermath

LOL They all sound somewhat apropos, don'cha think?:-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't give mine time to adjust themselves, didn't trust them!

Very apt, Sanfran! Let's hope the "No Tomorrow" isn't an omen.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, let's hope so!
I'm sure there will be an Aftermath, though...the kind of contention we've seen in this campaign isn't going to dissipate overnight. :-(

Oh yeah...to me, Channel Zero was just a reference to all the tv shows that will be preempted that night. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: