TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 26, 2016 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto to every word of your post Mamie. :-) I was nervous... they made it seem like there might be a plane crash. I hope not!

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Love the latest episode. Kate is good singer - that really was her, wasn't it? Who is the actress?

Loved how they showed the twin bonds, but Kevin fired Kate to get her to have her own life.

Have I mentioned I LOVE this show? :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky, ITA! I couldnt hear what he said at all!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I couldn't hear what he said either.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Another great episode, but they have to turn down the volume of the background music - it was so loud during the scene when Randall asked his father to describe his birth mother that it drowned out a piece of Randall's dialogue. Very irritating."

The older I get, the more of a problem this is.:-)

I find that just adjusting the sound options on the TV can make a huge difference...things like like turning off "surround sound" is my go-to option that works 98% of the time, but sometimes I have to lower the base and/or raise the treble. My Sony flat screen even has a "Clear Voice" option in the sound settings that lowers the ambient/music and makes voice sound a lot clearer for me.

The only real problem with this option is that a different show and/or a different channel might not need it, so I have to reset those options. I figure that's a small price to pay to be able to hear the dialogue!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kate is played by Chrissy Metz. She was actually on "American Horror Story - Freak Show". She played Ima "Barbara" Wiggles, the fat lady...and she happy that when she got the job, they told her she had to wear a fat suit. She said it was liberating that they told her she wasn't big enough for the role.

I really like her character on This is Us.

I found an article about her:

Chrissy Metz as Kate on ‘This Is Us’: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/10/chrissy-metz-who-plays-kate-on-this-is-us-and-toby-nbc-age-weight-loss-cast-ahs-freak-show-time-channel-spoilers/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
About the sound: DH and I have mostly given up being able to understand people on a lot of our shows (especially with the loud, distracting "background" music). I watch almost everything with closed captioning these days. I'm not that hard of hearing, it's just that so many of them seem to mumble their lines. The worst? Kiefer Sutherland on Designated Survivor! He whisper-mumbles. So annoying!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
DH and I watch some shows with the caption on too.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I love this show!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just want the mom to say to William, "Thank you so much for turning your son in to the fire station! By giving him up, you gave him the future you never could!" Parents who turn their infants over to be adopted by someone better equipped to care for their babies are doing the bravest thing they can for their child. They are to be commended! We need to stop thinking of babies given up for adoption as "unwanted." The birth parents are letting them go so they can have opportunities they aren't able to give them. It's the most loving thing a birth parent can do when they don't have the means to care for their own child.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
And, he watched to see what would happen to the baby.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I definitely had trouble hearing the dialog last night when I watched this (recorded, probably.. I rarely get to watch things on the actual night they air).

I do like the show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Another good episode last night. I liked that Randall finally introduced William as 'his birth father' to his brother. The pool scenes were hard to watch. I can remember being young and feeling like everyone was looking at you... and the hurtful comments of kids. I just felt for young Kate. It also explains, a bit, why Kevin is an actor. But, the dad, he's awesome. Loved the last scene at the pool... can we have more kids?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was another good episode. I love Toby. I sure hope he helps Kate get to love herself too.

I keep wondering why Kevin never calls his mother. It is always Kate. I wonder what happened to their relationships.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm sure we will find out.... eventually! I love Toby too. When he touched that attaché, the look on his face was wonderful.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The actors in this show are wonderful. I hated that the mom got so offended that the black woman wanted to reach out to her. You would think she would want her son to have people in his life who looked like him. I was glad she went back and asked about the barber. And asked if the boy could come over to play.

I remember having something similar to the note happen to me when I was 11. I'd been playing Barbies with some girls in the neighborhood, packed up and went home. A couple of months later I got around to opening up my Barbie case and found a note something like, "We hate you and don't want to play with you anymore." Don't think I'd done anything to deserve that. Sometimes kids just decide to gang up on somebody. It's so hurtful. I cried, but then when I said something to one of the girls who wrote the note, she just said, "Omg! We were waiting for the longest time for you to say something about that! I don't know why we wrote that. I'm sorry!" Kids can just be so mean for no reason.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
So are we to assume William died off camera now? Why else would Randall be packing up his stuff?

I saw several 'teaser' interviews yesterday from Milo Ventimiglia (Jack) that stated we'd see Jack in present day in last nights episode - that caused my brain to go 'hmmm' mode and wonder why we'd see him when we know Rebecca, in present day, is married to Miguel and still wears the necklace from Jack. Now we know for sure.

There's so many nuances of this show that intrigue and haunt me even after watching. It takes a bit to sink in and then doesn't leave.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I found this interview with the creator about William:

"Yeah, it was an adventurous and much-talked-about thing to pop into the future. There’s a lot of people who are going to watch it and think they missed William’s death. They’re going to quickly find out next week that William is alive and well. But we saw a peek or glimpse at something that seems like it’s going to occur at some point, and when that is and how that happens is up for debate. I like that the show can make people talk a little bit and not always be completely clear."

Link to article

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
There was a teaser on the other night where Kate is telling Toby about her dad ... I think it was watching football with him growing up. Toby says... I'd like to meet him someday, Kate replied, maybe you will (or something like that). I had to see it a couple of times before I was sure that Jack was still around. I wonder if alcoholism did him in... but, it probably won't be that easy.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Kevin was scaring his nieces talking about everybody dies. Love how the mom got passionate about football, and it affected Kate, too. I'm that way, too. Don't come to my house and talk during the football game.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"There was a teaser on the other night where Kate is telling Toby about her dad ... I think it was watching football with him growing up. Toby says... I'd like to meet him someday, Kate replied, maybe you will (or something like that). I had to see it a couple of times before I was sure that Jack was still around."

Didn't Kate and her bf wind up watching the game with her father's ashes in an urn on the coffee table? He's only "still around" if you count that urn in her living room.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That's what I thought, too, especially when they put the Steelers knit cap on the urn itself.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else catch a cameo of a grinning TERRY BRADSHAW in the bar scene?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I adore this show!!!!!!!!!! I cry every ep!

Mame. how cool was that!?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ubercool!