TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 12, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 12, 2016 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also think the narration takes you out of the horror, I think this would be a bit better without that. I could figure out the little girl was playing hide and seek, didnt need her to tell me

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think the point of this season is that it's a documentary. Without the narration, it's not a documentary.

One of the movies that haunts me to this day is also in documentary form. "Lake Mungo (2008)". If you can find it, be sure to watch it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw first episode, I don't really like the format but I'll stick with it. Leslie Jordan will be on the next episode with Lady Gaga and Ive really liked him ever since Will and Grace.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the format at all at first but I'm kind of warming to it. One odd thing with them showing it as a documentary with the "real people" talking about it is we know they don't die. Kind of a built in spoiler.

I wonder if they'll change the format to "real life" at some point and we'll see the "real people" actors in the main roles?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"One odd thing with them showing it as a documentary with the "real people" talking about it is we know they don't die. Kind of a built in spoiler. "

I thought the same thing...whoever is narrating the story is alive, right? But then I thought about how Ryan Murphy always takes these seasons in unexpected directions and something occurred to me.

It's always possible that the shots of the "real couple's" interviews are also going to turn out to be "found footage".

In the Blair Witch Project a group of people are making a documentary about some scary event that happened long ago. As they are filming and telling the story, it turns out that the events they're investigating aren't all in the past at all but are still ongoing. This is when their story about an event "in the past" catches up to them "in the present" and bites them on the ass, and they vanish, leaving behind footage that will be found "in the future" and eventually made into the movie "documentary" known as The "Blair Witch Project". It was a documentary about the making of a documentary.

I'm just hoping that the "real couple" will somehow run head on into the story they're telling. That seems to be what already happened to the Denis O'Hare character in episode 2. They found footage of a professor who was hiding out in the root cellar and recording himself talking about his own investigation of the crazy murdering nurses...but he was scared to death because he was somehow caught up in the "crazy" that's in that house. This is already a documentary within a documentary. And it might just turn out to be a documentary within a documentary....within a documentary! :-)

I'm kind of expecting Lily Rabe and her husband to get pulled back in before they're finished telling their story. The plot could ultimately be about what happened to the "real couple" and the camera crew that was filming them!

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Another theory I read is that maybe the "real" couple are really ghosts and being interviewed by that reporter who was a medium in the first season & the Hotel season.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
LOL That would be great!

In either case, they aren't necessarily "alive to tell the tale".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
You may be right SFJF. The " real people" wouldn't have much of an acting role just narrating the story, seems like a waste of good talent.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 26, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I did say ...

I wonder if they'll change the format to "real life" at some point and we'll see the "real people" actors in the main roles?

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I have read that too, BBpeach! I also think it goes beyond the narrative.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Off topic, but I just had to share....

I had a "movie night" with a friend last night. He's the friend I got hooked on American Horror Show and he's watch every season with me. (I watch them weekly and save them and then we binge watch each whole season together.)

Anyhow, he's a musician/sound engineer and he's currently working on a show (God in Three Persons") where he's the drummer for some music they need. As it turns out, another musician/actor is on the project and when my friend met him, he got his autograph for me!

It reads:

"Hey Daniel
Happy Horror from a British Freak!
Matt Fraser"

I felt on the spot and a bit embarrassed when my friend gave it to because I didn't recognize the name. He had to tell me that Matt was the actor who played the tattooed "Seal Boy" on "American Horror Story - Freak Show"! I lit up! I loved that character!

matt
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/americanhorrorstory/images/
c/c9/Mat-fraser.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140913114011

It was a real surprise for him to think of me at work and go to the trouble to ask for an autograph for me. I knew he really appreciated my insistence that he watch that first season of AHS with me...and he's been hooked every since...but I never expected that he'd get me something like this.

Now I can add this one to my small collection of very varied celebrity autographs that include Dale Robertson ("Tales of Wells Fargo" - a western TV show in the early 1960s), Ellen Burstyn, Richard Simmons, Roseanne Barr, Jon Provost (the original Timmy on "Lassie") and Lily Tomlin!

:-)

Now back to your regular scheduled programming....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed hearing about that, Sanfran. That's a cool autograph to add to your collection. It sounds like you have a really good friend there!

Coincidentally, my DD's and I met him at Fan Expo in Toronto this summer. He is quite the character. People take pictures all over Fan Expo and I was taking pictures (as I usually do for a living but this was for fun), but it was against the rules in that area as it turns out.

Well he came stomping over and told me it was against the rules. I apologized and said that I didn't know that and he replied, "Well you might as well come over and meet us then!" Once he found out that we were sincerely fans (and that I was not just taking pictures of him) he was extremely charming and introduced us to Naomi Grossman (Pepper) who looks very different in real life to say the least. It was a fun experience.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Cool! I've never been to any kind of fan expo or comic con. It would've been great to meet him.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Cool San Fran!

Ok, I admit I've never watched this show until this season. I have seen the first 2 eps. I'm watching with my teen who has seen the other seasons. I can't say I'm hooked. The format is off-putting. But if she wants to watch it we'll keep watching. I immediately said "Blair Witch PRoject" which she's never seen. I also thought of season one of True Detective (with the sticks). My daughter said Lord of the Flies with the pig head.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, that is so cool!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Maybe think about going to one, Sanfran. The people at the one here are very nice and it's a lot of fun. I think you'd enjoy it a lot.

My DD is a big Buffy fan and she really wanted to meet James Marsters. So that's what got us to go the first time and we had so much fun, we've gone every year since.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ out of all the stars on the show, he is the one I actually wished I could meet! I even went so far as to go to his website and see his future appearances, but he's never in the KC area. You are so fortunate to meet him!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im not loving this season at all!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
What Pamy said. I lot of people I know feel the same way.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Did anyone recognize Lady GaGa as the demon/which?

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am waiting to see the rest of the "familiar faces" of the cast show up.

I recorded it and watched it during the day - I think it is much better watched in the dark, those pig people creep me out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How funny they had a real historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin, as part if the show....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Be sure to watch next week's preview and let me know what you thinks it is. To me it looks like they are being chased paparazzi for the story, or it's a whole new story. I tried to get clues from the scenery, but I didn't really catch anything.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well that real historian was a horrible actress. I thought her scenes were horrible.

I think you are right about it being a new story next week

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Doris Kearns Goodwin is always on the cable news shows, Pamy. I thought she was what made it seem more real.