TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: Archive through August 14, 2016 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
WOW Kitt - that is crazy!!!

I did read a couple of weeks ago that Paget Brewster is coming back AGAIN this season! How can you miss someone if they never really leave?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loooove Paget Brewster! I hope she is coming back to stay, but the articles I am reading don't make it sound that way. She's only going to be in a few eps.

And that's crazy about Gibson. It's hard to imagine him flying off the handle.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pretty weird about Thomas Gibson kicking a producer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Speaking of Paget Brewster, she is so funny on that show "Drunk History". She has played the drunk story teller, as well as has been in some of the reenactments. The new season starts next month. I hope she is on it again.

----
Yep, I just checked. Paget will be the drunk story teller in the episode about Eleanor Roosevelt.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He's been fired! I think the dispute happened while filming episode 4 so they're going to have to do some prompt rewriting.

What a stupid thing to do when you're on such a great show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://tvline.com/2016/08/12/thomas-gibson-leaving-criminal-minds-fired-season-12/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Here is Thomas' response as reported by TV Guide.com
http://www.tvguide.com/news/thomas-gibson-response-fired-criminal-minds-cbs/?ftag=TVG_Facebook

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Huh. It seemed like they were working it out. Why not just make him take anger management classes? Seems like we are missing something.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now I'm reading that Gibson has been fired. This pisses me off. I love him the most on the show!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He did something like it a few years ago and had to do anger management classes then. No second chances I guess, not unreasonable when someone uses physical violence.

Shame for the show though.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that's what I meant by not the whole story. If originally they were just going to suspend him, then fired him instead, there had to be more. Previous incidents would be the "more".

It sounds like he already had his second chance.

Having worked with people with violent tempers, I have no problem with giving a second chance IF they do take classes or get help. Depending of course on the level of the incident, they may or may not need to be removed from the situation. Kicking someone in a single incident would not warrant removal (IMO), but a repeated pattern would.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There has to be way more to the story than this. How does someone go from a two episode suspension to being fired? Hotch is the show for me. It won't be the same for me without him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I like Reid & Penelope. But losing Hotch and Morgan seems tough to recover from.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He's come a long way from Dharma and Greg!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hotch and Morgan were the core of the show's team.

Now it's just....

criminal minds
(original image from LINK to imdb.com)
(Paget Brewster is just half blacked out because she's only coming back for "a few episodes")

The show has lasted so long with those two core actors...replacing them now will be as bad as when they replaced Fox and Mulder on X-Files.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Penelope does nothing for me. I find her more annoying and grating than anything else.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think this will be the beginning of the end for the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Agree with both SFJF and Naja.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think this show will be done for me, and it won't make it past the next season. This show is done.

Sad because I loved this show.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I'll take a wait and see attitude. You never know when some other wonderful actor who is perfect for the part might come along.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Right... felt the same way when Mandy Patikin left.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mandy was only on the first 2 seasons. It was barely established yet. Thomas has been there all 11 seasons.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I wasn't that upset when Mandy Patkin left because I'm not a huge fan (TBH, I think he's kind of crazy). But I absolutely loved Thomas - he was the main reason I watched the show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Even with a couple of great new actors, the dynamic among the characters in the show will change. Hotch and Derek make up one third of the full time team. The remaining characters won't relate to a new boss like they related to Hotch for the past 11 years. The same goes for whomever (if anyone) is chosen to fill Derek Morgan's place in the team.

It's the interaction of these particular characters that keeps it interesting, not just the "monster" of the week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I guess the suspension wasn't enough because now he is fired.