TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 25, 2016 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I'm just shocked! I thought it would only be 1 to die. I'm still watching, but just shocked. Dang! Abe I was okay with.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Many of you have shared my thoughts and said it so eloquently.

I cried with many of you but found some solace in watching Talking Dead afterwards.

And as Pamy shared, it rarely rains in SoCal so the rain seemed to go hand in hand with the dome and gloom we watched tonight.

I found it interesting that the Talking Dead was hosted at the cemetery in Hollywood. This cemetery hosts movie nights and I've attended a few with my adult kidlets in the past.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 2:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I'm in the minority, but I thought the episode was just meh. Way too many commercials.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first fifteen minutes this morning on dvr. I had to stop, can't start a Monday by crying.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I hadn't read anything about this episode so I had no clue.

I watched the after show and it was nice to see the whole cast. I never recognize the actress who plays Michone; she looks completely different.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
When Rick was going through all those flashbacks on the camper, it was showing each one of the others take a blow to the head with the bat, and I thought oh wow, did they all get sacked on the head too...... Was confused at first.

Why do you suppose he was seeing this? Was he imagining maybe they all died but him?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I don't know where you were Pamy to get thunder and lightning, (I'm jelous) but we here in Studio City never ever seem to get the thunder or lightning that other city's get. I didn't recall hearing or seeing that on the talking dead either.

I bet that would make last nights show even more exciting. Lol

I am going to miss Glen, but kinda won't miss Abe. his crazy one liners were getting kind of old for me.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
For me, this should have been how the season ended. It would have been more exciting to try to imagine over the break how they were to get out of the situation. The little stunts that the WD play with the viewers, for me, have caused me to lose interest. Again, in the minority, but Maggie got on my last nerve last night. Such bad acting. While I'm complaining, can the kid finally get a haircut? His hair irritates me more than Nicks hair on Fear.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'll just add "ditto" to what Rehtse said.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lost fan - I believe Rick was imagining what would happen to everyone if he didn't bring the ax back.

I'm in a minority here in this discussion anyways and line up more with Kitt that I had made it bigger in my mind. I also think it would have had more of an impact had it happened at the end of the season versus the 8 month wait. I thought the demise of both characters was sad and pretty gory (And to have that walker kneel down at end when Rick was looking in the rear view, must have torn out the rest of Ricks heart to see that) but have found other episodes far more emotional for me in the past and I can get weepy at Christmas commercials. I didn't shed a tear until the montages for Glenn and Abraham on TD.

Also, personally I don't feel manipulated by the writers. If I wasn't invested, and didn't care and feel for these people there wouldn't be any point in watching. Some episodes my heart is pumping, I'm fearful for them, I actually have felt sick to my stomach, adrenaline coursing. This episode was, and I don't mean I wanted more of a blood fest or anything, but like a let down. The wait was over. It was done. Like after Christmas sometimes, you dont know what you were expecting but you didn't get it. But it's done and time to move on to the next day. For me that's what it was like a closing of a chapter and now we will see the ripple effect of how it leads their lives from there. I am looking forward to the season and the Kingdom and where the dealings with Negan lead. I am worried about Darryl though. Negans remark about not killing him until they had a taste was stomach curdling.

I will miss both characters, I always liked Abraham for his solid presence, the feeling of security he probably gave people won't be fully realized until it's not there.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Negan told Rick if he didn't bring back the axe he would kill all of the others, so that's what he was imagining. I could have done without it to be honest, but I guess that's the way they decided to tell us.

I think I'm just glad it's over with. In my mind I will block out how exactly they died, just accept that they have and move on with the story. Seems like a lot is changing with them being ruled by Negan and then maybe there's some new hope with the Kingdom perhaps being good guys?? Just got to make sure my Daryl is ok.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Didn't production say they had filmed multiple endings of who got killed to help keep the real ending secret?

I think maybe they had Rick imagine all of them being killed just so they could use the extra footage they shot. That montage of them all getting whacked was just another cheap trick of misdirection.

The whole cliffhanger thing on TWD has gotten bigger than the show itself. They interrupt the final moments of a great season with a cliffhanger that is discussed to death for months and months and then, when it finally airs, a lot of the emotional build up that the big finale of season 6 had given us had dissipated. At least it had for me.

It was the same when they had their season 6 mid season finale....8 episodes building up to the moment when Alexandria's wall fell and it was overrun with walkers. It was exciting and I was on the edge of my seat.

Stop.

Wait a few months.

When it finally returned, we got the climax of the entire storyline of the first half of season 6.

The big cliffhangers are just overdone and they hurt the storytelling, IMHO. They abruptly stop the momentum of an exciting story and when we finally see the result months later, there really is no surprise because we've all already imagined it over and over with each member of the group being the victim.

I'm sure the studio loves all the chatter and speculation over the summer - after all it's free advertising for them - but it's at the expense of the momentum of a great a show being interrupted at it's most exciting moment of the season.

That first time they faked us out about Glenn's death, I was caught completely off guard and I was shocked! I actually got teary eyed (and it's very rare that I get that emotional watching a TV show or movie). Later, once I realized that TD never showed a memorial of Glenn, I figured it was just a trick. Last night when Glenn died it didn't affect me nearly as much as last season's big fake-out. I had already imagined it coming many times over. I had already felt the shock of his (fake) death. I had already imagined the show without him.

So much for momentum...

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
My turn: ditto what Sanfran said.

I continue to watch because it is fascinating to see the way that society/civilization has devolved. Makes you glad we have a system of laws that keep us safe-ish.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really think they "killed" Glenn at the dumpster to make us better able to cope with the real death. And for the more faint of heart (me) the long summer break enabled me to come to terms with what seemed like (and ending up being) Glenn's inevitable demise rather than being a complete wreck if had happened so suddenly at the end of season six. But I doubt that's actually why they wrote the show that way, and admit it probably was just for drama.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, Im in Riverside. We stayed in Studio city last Wed and Thurs when we did the VIP tour at universal, which was spectacular!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rehtse, I think it would have been better if they would have ended last season with the Abe kill and then shocked us with Glenn's kill in the opener.

It was even heartbreaking seeing Steven Yuen get teary eyed watchin Glenn's memoriam. I laughed that Norman wanted to punch Jeffrey for saying Glenn's death was his fault. He took it so personally even though it was just the way his character was written. but....I agree it's all Daryl's fault! I wont blame him anymore because Im sure we are going to see a tortured Darryl for awhile because he blames himself

Kitt, I agree and I also think the dumpster was to see if fans would be so upset they would stop watching

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
What was great last night is Steven Yeun, said he wanted the death scene recalling that he told Kirkman, "Don't give that scene to anyone else.".

So he is ok with how he ended the show. He's probably already working on new projects.

He has some good-bye videos on IG on his experience on the show.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that is a great idea!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
do you have a link to videos? I cant find them. ty!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I really think they "killed" Glenn at the dumpster to make us better able to cope with the real death."

If that was their intent, it worked. I "coped" last season after the dumpster scene so this new death of Glenn just didn't impact me as much. Last night, Glenn's death scene almost just felt like a "been there, done that" moment for me. It was kind of surprising and very sad, but the second time around just didn't have as much of an impact on me as the dumpster scene did. I kind of felt cheated.

I really will miss the character of Glenn, though. He was unique among the others.

There are only 4 originals left...Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Carol.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've forgotten over the long break, where's Carol?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Last season she left Alexandria, wound up getting shot in her arms and legs by a guy whose friends she shot. Morgan showed up just in time and saved her (by actually going against his code and killing a human), He told her he would take care of her until she healed...and then the guys on horses(?) who were wearing some kind of homemade armor showed up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ya know...it would've been smarter for Negan to have taken Carl with him instead of Daryl (or along with Daryl) because that would be more of a sure bet to keep Rick under control.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Negan wants everything to go smoothly, because smoothly equals an easier life with them getting more stuff from those they control, and with it less likely to have people fighting back. If they took Carl I think he knew everyone would be trying to attack to save him, rather than accepting their fates and knowing that someone like Daryl could just look after himself.

I am not sure what Negan's going to do with Daryl. He's got a gun shot wound in a pretty serious place (although Negan did say they had a doctor) but I wondered if he was going to destroy Daryl emotionally by telling him he killed Glenn, so that he would willingly (kind of) become one of his minions.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I don't see how being wracked by guilt motivates someone to become a minion? Am I missing something?