TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 19, 2016 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh no Karuuna ..... Are you serious? He does something bad to Rick? So it just gets worse!

Do you know what he does to Rick in the trailer? 😬

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lost,
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
it' speculation because of what happened to Rick in the comics and also because of the ep title

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lost,

Spoiler
The speculation is that he cuts off Rick's right hand, because of the name of the episode, that Negan asks for a hatchet or knife before he drags Rick to the trailer, and because (not by Negan) Rick's right hand was cut off in the comic series.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Omg! Do I want to look Pamy and Karuuna?

I'm so scared for Rick

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lost...it's up to you. *I* want to know these things because then it's less of a blow, than if I just see it happen on screen. And I can fast forward through some of it, if I decide to watch.

I hate this. I like this show, but I just don't think I can continue to watch it... my life has enough sadness and pain in it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lost, it's just speculation :-) but in this case I think it probably will happen...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
but then again
Spoiler
having to digitally remove his hand all the time seems like a lot of work, do they really want to do that to the main character?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Wow, I looked! Boy Negan is a mean son of an azz.

I guess I too will be fast forwarding dang!

I read that episode 2 is an extended show with an extra 10 min.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
But....

Spoiler
he could have it wrapped for awhile and then remember Merel? And Hershel with the leg cut off....

So yeah it could happen. sigh

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh very true!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Bwahahahaha

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A detailed summary of the premiere has been posted on reddit. If anyone wants to know what happens, or needs to prepare themselves emotionally before they watch, then the COMPLETE SPOILER summary of the premiere episode is here:

MAJOR SPOILERS INSIDE THIS LINK, CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK

I'm going to say again, this reveals the whole episode so is SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, not just of ~the event~ but of the whole episode.

It's all pretty horrific, not just the thing we all know is going to happen, so I am kind of glad we get a chance to prepare ourselves.

I would suggest we not discuss what's in it, even in spoiler boxes, to be fair to those who don't want to be spoiled, but maybe there's a way we can do it without spoiling or annoying those who want to watch it fresh on Sunday.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. I'll definitely pass on watching. :-(

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you temptress! I'm torn, should I peek and prepare myself or wait...hmmmmmmmmm maybe Ill just peek at the first part

Im actually surprised this site posted spoiler since months ago the site Spoiling the Dead got an attny letter to stop speculating/spoiling the person that gets killed

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh heck, it's far worse than one person getting killed.

Such a shame, I've watched this with my kid for so many years. But I'm done.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just read the first few paragraphs. I was surprised that the person that wrote it IS from the site Spoiling the Dead. I went to their FB page and there are a bunch of spoilers..but the post they made in june about AMC giving them a cease and desist letter is at the top of their FB page

Maybe that site got an attny and found out they couldnt enforce the cease and desist...not sure, just found it interesting

BY ALL MEANS DONT GO TO THE SPOILING THE DEAD FB PAGE...its filled with spoilers for future eps too...i didnt read into any of them just saw title of posts.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, is the spoiler above aboit Rick and the Negan killing the only bad stuff out of the spoilers?

I actually don't want to know who died yet because I do want to watch the show and be suprised.

Just wanted to only know if the beginning is the worst.

Thanks 😳😬

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The whole episode is pretty horrific. And it seems to be in flashback format, so you don't see ~the event~ until part way into the show when the flashback gets to there. And that is not the end of the horror, the rest of it sounds as tense and unwatchable.

Pamy, I think the Spoiling the Dead site was sent a cease and desist for publishing info from leaked stuff, but it didn't go anywhere because they weren't the ones leaking it, that would be the person who had actually stolen the scripts or video or whatever it is they get their info from.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh crap, seriously this whole event is shown in flashback. I really can't stand that. Don't get why they can't just tell the story as is. I hope to god there is t black and white to go with it.

I do t even like my favorite tv sitcoms in flashback.

Just tell the dang story as is!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, the spoiler is about who is dead also. It says it at the beginning and then also later as it describes the episode as well.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think the whole thing is in flashback format, it just doesn't start with the line up we saw in the finale, instead that part is in flashback and is part way into the show. It's only a rough description and I'm trying not to read too carefully as I generally don't look at spoilers, but that's what it sounds like.

So if you think you will start the show and in the first three minutes you'd find out who is dead and the worst would be over by the sound of it you'd be very mistaken.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok makes sense Kitt, thanks

So do you guys know who died?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DO. NOT. WANT. TO. KNOW!!! Stop tempting me to look at spoilers!!!! Aaaaaaaagh!!!!

Do the writers on this show enjoy torturing us? It used to be about the characters and how inter-connected they are, but the past couple of seasons it's just gotten darker and darker. Don't know how much longer I can do this . . .

Here's an interesting little article (no spoilers) about how angry the fans were with the season-ending cliffhanger:

http://www.eonline.com/news/803061/the-walking-dead-knows-you-re-still-angry-over-that-death-cliffhanger-but-there-s-a-plan

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lostfan, and it's worse than I had imagined.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lostfan... yes.

Babyjaxfan, you remember the trough scene at Terminus? I had such a visceral reaction to that, even without watching, just hearing it, I was up off my heat and heading out the room without even really knowing I was doing it. That completely crossed the line for me, I'm surprised AMC let them air it.

And this... well who knows what they will show but I hope they understand that although this is tv and not real, the feelings we have for these characters are not imaginary and shouldn't be toyed with. It isn't exciting and it isn't funny, I might be able to tolerate it because I love the show, I love the characters, and I understand that the writers think this is realistic and furthers the plot but it's touch and go for me and by the sound of it a lot of viewers, about whether we can ever feel about the show as we did once this is over, and whether it will be worth watching knowing you have to tune out emotionally to not have it destroy your soul.