TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 17, 2016 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like Speechless. I'm also hoping for improvement on American Housewife.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Kevin Can Wait, I'm with jasper above, his friends do nothing for me, nor does his wife. She's just not a good actress or very funny. I liked American Housewife.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Aha Lakecat, I agree about Kevin can Wait. Not funny and wife is not a good actress. See we can agree on some things. :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am still pretty much liking "Kevin Can Wait", but it's not his friends turning me off. It's that goofy boyfriend of his Daughter's. I will bet a donut he is gone soon, and somehow they work Patton Oswalt into the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Kevin James is so talented, I hope the cast doesn't bring him down.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree. I love Kevin James but I couldn't get past 5 minutes of his new show. It's too much like sitcoms of old rather then bringing something new to the table.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I loved American Housewife!!! Could actually relate!!

I "want to" love-like Kevin Can Wait... but I agree his friends... ugh. I don't mind the oldest daughter and her boyfriend... he's actually the 2nd best thing on the show... I guess it's just not believable that they are all retired policemen with nothing but time to hang out together. They don't look THAT old... Kevin needs to go back go work... and pull in some workplace storylines... kind of like Mike and Molly... maybe not the best example since it's been cancelled.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Does anyone recall a show from a few years ago set in the woods with teams of two trying to hunt/find a selected team without being tagged by that team? I think there were rewards and punishments as I seem to recall some people having food and others in a cage/jail.
Not sure I explained that well at all.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Found it! It was called Capture and was also known as The Hunt. Aired on the CW in 2013.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was thinking you meant I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. Never heard of The Hunt.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We just dumped Bull after watching the 2nd episode.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What didn't you like Sugar? I have this sitting in the queue to watch.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am a big fan of British mysteries on TV. While I am not a fan of MC Beaton's books and abhor Agatha Raisin on paper, the series is coming to Canadian TV and is airing on Vision starting in November. I will give it a go as I like the main actress Ashley Jensen. I just hope she makes Agatha more likeable.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've watched a couple of episodes of Bull. My problem with it is it just strains my sense of credibility. It's very glib.

I haven't given up on it yet but it's kind of on the edge.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I always liked Agatha Raisin. I will admit she is very unlikable, but I feel sorry for her. She can be so clueless. :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I tried one of each Lazylu and didn't care much for Hamish either! Fingers crossed Ashley Jensen injects some humour in to her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I dumped The Good Place.. hated pretty much everything. Just not my type of humor.

Speechless.. on the bubble but I'm still watching that.

This is Us still watching.

Timeless? The one starting with travelling back in time to the Hindenburg.. still watching but I tend to get distracted. But with SFJF watching I know I can get some analysis in the thread.

Conviction.. watching but maybe not for long.

Last night I binged on several episodes of Grey's Anatomy, Code Black and one of Chicago Med. Hospital night.

Never tried Bull.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jasper, there is a thread discussing Bull...https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/16327731.html&lm=1476726202

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Jasper, we found Bullto be transparently predictable and dull. There has been nothing in the acting or storylines worth watching. It is pablum.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I also like British mysteries and have been watching a few via HULU and Netflix. Luther, Marcella and a couple episodes of Vera. I really liked Happy Valley, I hope a 3rd series is in the works. These might be considered police procedurals vs mystery. I don't read Beaton and am unfamiliar with the character you mentioned Jasper but will look for the show.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I like Hamish. Beaton's characters are just different then the normal ones you see in books. I have to admit I haven't read one in a few years. There is probably some new books out, I'll have to look.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting for Happy Valley. Have never heard of Marcella but enjoy both Luther and Vera. I noticed one of my stations is showing Murder in Suburbia which I will watch again, I liked that one as well as Scott and Bailey. More procedurals but very good. I really like New Tricks as well. and for a good older mystery series try Rosemary and Thyme. Those ladies are always tripping over dead bodies!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I listened to the Hamish one so perhaps it was the actor. He seemed like he had a giant stick up his jacksie. I just found both characters very hard to root for.

(sugar - there's always Midsommer Murders)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes, I've seen a few Midsommer Murders they were OK, a bit fluffier and easy to solve. The main characters are a likeable lot.