TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 15, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Oct. Halloween Themed TV: Archive through October 15, 2016 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Pssssttt...Mar, that's last year's post.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched the 2014 Halloween show for The Middle.

Sue had big plans to make money. She was going to charge $5.00 to watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown in a corn field. One person showed up, her best friend, but he left to go to the cheerleaders slasher movie in a graveyard.

Then an older man, a neighbor, showed up for Sue's movie and they watched it together.

The man said he thought it was a sad ending because the Great Pumpkin didn't show up.

Sue said it was a good ending because Linus was going to wait again next year

The man attempted to pay her but Sue didn't want his money. She enjoyed watching the movie with him. He paid her anyway. $50.00!

My favorite line was from Axel, who had gotten locked in the library somehow.

He had nobody to talk to so he talked to a statue of William Shakespeare holding a quill pen.

Axel didn't know who he was and says to him, "I guess you were a feather salesman."

Last year's Halloween special was good too. Axel lost Brick in the corn maze and realized he did love his young brother.

Ack! I am getting sentimental in my old age.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought that was a cute show too. Sue annoys me and breaks my heart almost every episode. She is so unrelentingly cheerful and yet so inept. The actress who plays her deserves more recognition!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love The Middle and love Sue. I've said it before, she deserves an Emmy nom.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
At first I didn't like The Middle and skipped over it.

Then I started watching all the reruns.

Yes, Sue drives everybody crazy but she has a good heart.

Axel talking to the feather salesman made me laugh out loud. He is good hearted in his own way, like when he took the strange girl to the prom and when he comforted her when she got dumped.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Everything above my post is from past years.
------------------

I think this A&E miniseries looks pretty good! It has already aired in the UK, but will be airing here starting October 9. It's 3 parts.

The Enfield Haunting
Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CsBygWMAU

A chilling three-part miniseries following a family in the grips of a malicious poltergeist and the paranormal researchers sent to investigate the bizarre events while coming to terms with their own demons.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yikes! That does look creepy good. I recognized Matthew Macfadyen and Timothy Spall in the clip. They are always great. Thanks for the heads up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually have a soft spot for Halloween Wars on Food Network...LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that starts soon Right, I am right there with you, love that show. I think Pumpkin choosing is my favorite part.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Halloween Wars starts Sunday Oct 4 on Food Network Canada. And Halloween Baking Championship on October 7.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to seeing Halloween Wars on Food Channel! And of course anything else Halloween related.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Part 1 of The Enfield Haunting was so good! I wish they would air all 3 parts on 3 successive nights instead a waiting a week between

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody else does torrents, they have all 3 parts at kickass torrents, as well as the two documentaries, in one package download, of The Enfield Haunting. It's pretty much available all over since it has already aired in UK last spring. I couldn't wait for the last two parts, so I had to go find the download.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody has Showtime, they are showing a documentary made last year called
"Why Horror?".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3135424/reference

Why Horror? Is a feature documentary following horror fan Tal Zimerman as he looks at the psychology of horror around the world in order to understand why we love to be scared.

I see it scheduled for 10/30 at 9pm central on the main showtime channel, and on the secondary Showtime channels on Halloween and some other showings after that.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
A&E here in Canada has been airing My Haunted House all month! I really like it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Was there not a new Modern Family last night?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It was a rerun.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That's odd, I thought MF was known for their Halloween episodes.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
It's World Series time. Everyone is in reruns.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's right. Thanks.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was shocked that MF was last year's Halloween show... cuz they are BIG on Halloween. I think my favorite was Mitch dressing up as Spiderman at work.

All the other ABC Wednesday shows were Halloween themed. Loved the Goldberg's.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Everything above is from 2015!
Everything below is new.

---------------------------

This website claims to be "The Ultimate Halloween Watchlist for October 2016"! :-)

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/97382/ultimate-halloween-watchlist-for-october-2016/

Monday, October 10
7/6c: Resident Evil: Apocalypse followed by Afterlife (Syfy)
9/8c: Beneath (Chiller original movie)

Tuesday, October 11
7/6c: Jeepers Creepers 2 (Syfy)
9/8c: Channel Zero: Candle Cove series premiere (Syfy)

Wednesday, October 12
7/6c: Drag Me to Hell (Syfy)

Thursday, October 13
9am/8c: AMC FearFest kicks off with a Halloween marathon through 3:30am est (AMC)
9/8c: Flatliners (Chiller)
11:30/10:30c: Ghoul (Chiller original movie)
Pop "Wolf Creek"

Pop

Wolf Creek on Pop

Friday, October 14
9am/8c: All-day Friday the 13th marathon (AMC)
9/8c: American Mary (Chiller)
9:30/8:30c: The Fearless Vampire Killers (TCM)
10/9c: Wolf Creek series premiere (Pop)

Saturday, October 15
1am/12c: Young Frankenstein (TCM)
7am-7pm: Nightmare on Elm Street marathon (AMC)
10am/9c: The Omen (Syfy)
7/6c: Chucky-thon kicks off with Child's Play 2 (AMC)
8/7c: Deliver Us From Evil (FXX)
10/9c: Dawn of the Dead (MTV)

Sunday, October 16
3/2c: Warm Bodies (Syfy)
4pm-7:30pm est: Select Treehouse of Horror episodes of The Simpsons (FXX)
8/7c: The Simpsons 600th episode, Treehouse of Horror XXVII (Fox)
1:30am/12:30c: Wes Craven's New Nightmare (Syfy)

Monday, October 17
10:30am-6pm est: The Omen marathon (AMC)
9/8c: Dead Souls (Chiller original movie)
9/8c: Cabin in the Woods (Syfy)

Tuesday, October 18
9:30am/8:30c: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Syfy)
11am-6pm est: The Amityville Horror marathon (AMC)
6:30/5:30c: Carrie (MTV)
9/8c: Scream: The TV Series Halloween Special (MTV)
-----

That's only up to Oct 18. I'll post more as that date gets near. The two things I am looking most forward to are the premiere of the series "Channel Zero: Candle Cove (Syfy)" and The Chucky marathon! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ex "Ghost Hunters", Amy Bruni and Adam Berry, have their own show now!

"Kindred Spirits" starts Oct 21 on TLC.

Here's the official site for Adam and Amy's new show.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/kindred-spirits/

"Adam and Amy help real families who claim to be tormented by paranormal activities in their homes.
"

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The "Channel Zero: Candle Cove (Syfy)"show looks so freakin scary. I think for teens or children of the 80's like me it's super scary!

Candle Cove centers on one man’s obsessive recollections of a mysterious children’s television program from the 1980s, and his ever-growing suspicions about the role it might have played in a series of nightmarish and deadly events from his childhood.

http://www.syfy.com/channelzero/about

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love love love Halloween themed shows on tv every year. This is what I found is coming out this year.
http://www.ibtimes.com/halloween-2016-tv-specials-when-where-watch-halloween-themed-episodes-your-favorite-2432112
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/viewers-guide-2016-halloween-episodes-specials-and-marathons-on-tv/
http://halloweendailynews.com/tag/halloween-tv-2016/