TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 13, 2016 users admin

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone been watching Queen of The South on USA ? If so do you know if this is a mini series or will it be a show?
http://www.usanetwork.com/queenofthesouth/cast

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
talking about star trek I want a set of these Canadian stamps!
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/sites/en/pages/startrek/default.page

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I love the above Canadian who would let me mail this to their address and would forward it to me in the US - I will pay for it all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wish I could help you Sadiesmom, but I am in the USA. I have this new channel that is showing all the old Star Treks, everyday except Saturdays. (they are showing other older series too, like Xena, The Commish, etc).

They start with the original Star Trek, then Next Generation, then at prime time they air Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise.

I love it, and have been making sure I don't miss DSN and Voyager. Right now Leonard Nimoy is doing a special talking about the series, I think it was the 25th anniversary.

I will have to look for the BBC America one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody that loves those crude and irreverent roasts on Comedy Central, tonight it's Rob's Lowe's turn. The Roast of Rob Lowe starts at 9 or 10 pm, depending on your time zone.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - Rob Lowe is a new cast member of the show Code Black.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I like Code Black. Now there's even more to like about it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
No Emmy talk?

Enjoyed the opening, Jimmy, and the fact that many of my shows got nominated AND won... GO People vs OJ, yay for American Crime, and nice job with the Americans getting something!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to MacGiver! I am surprised they put it on Friday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch the new Sherlock Holmes on BBC America last night? I love this show, don't know if we have a thread for it, it was really excellent.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes yes yes - it was excellent but I believe it was shown in England a bit ago. So some may have already seen it in other countries.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We thought American Housewifewas about as bad as the previews and reviews said it would be.

We dropped Kevin Can Wait after 2 episodes. Other shows we don't watch anymore:
How To Get Away With Murder
The Blacklist
Blind spot
Once Upon A Time
Quantico
I think we only saw 1 or 2 episodes last season and had no interest in continuing with them.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What are some of the ones you like, Sugar?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
We dropped Kevin Can Wait as well, although to be fair we find sitcoms really have an uphill battle in this house. Speechless is still on ur list, although I thought the premiere was so much better than the next two.

Ones we are enjoying: Designated Survivor, Pitch and This is Us, Timeless

we r probs writing off : Conviction. I like the star but the acting and writing was uneven. Will decide after I watch the second episode

Bull was gone after the first episode

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
in terms of scripted shows, right now i have kept all my new shows - although i realize half may not survive :-) Maybe i just know in advance when i wont like something and so dont have to drop any :-) (and i am not really into sitcoms either)

Designated Survivor, Timeless, Notorious, Pitch, Speechless (definitely will keep watching just for the fact that we finally have a character with a speech disability on primetime), Conviction (i actually have "listened" to the first two episodes in my car on the way to work, and enjoy it enough - i dont think the star is as bad (ie drugs) as she tries to appear to be)

and still watching the Blacklist, Empire, Quantico, Gotham (must see tv for me), Supergirl, Elementary, HTGAWM (loved the spanish banter last week), Scorpion (its the characters, not the plots), Blindspot (last on my to do list every week but there is something that cant make me leave it)

looking forward to new and old shows during midseason too :-) (nashville, prison break, american crime etc)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The one with Ted Danson about heaven... is stupid and unappealing. Dropped it after 1.4 episodes. LOL

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, my fav is still The Big Bang Theory. I also watch Modern Family, The Middle, The Last Man on Earth, Fresh off the Boat, although Eddie is my least favorite character. Still watching Speechless and The Good Place although both are on the bubble for me. I like Elementary, am having trouble thinking of more dramas. I should go check my DVR list. Not sure how much long I will stick with Greys Anatomy,am pretty tired of Meredith and don't like Maggie or Amelia at all. Love Call The Midwife.
I was a fan of Stranger Things. I have really enjoyed watching Miranda and Blackadder reruns on Hulu. I do so enjoy a British comedy.
}}

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, I am still hoping for braindead to get renewed since they have yet to cancel it, ha ha . I think the good place is holding up,. but I still think the topic has a limit on the length of its interest. I have now decided the first show to be cancelled must be Aftermath. it is not a cheap show and it is just too much of everything.

but limited length of show must go to No tomorrow where life will end on earth in 8 months - will the asteroid be late? or will time just drag on slowly so the 8th month is never reached? other than that, it is a pleasant if typical comedy.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
A good comedy is Life in Pieces. I like Conviction. Don't like cutie pie (I forget his name) playing a sleazy DA. LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Sugar - isn't Miranda a hoot! I can watch that over and over. Hard to believe that is Lucifer by her side.

Lately I have been watching lots of sitcoms, I think my attention span lately is short. A Canadian station is showing Mom from the beginning and I always lol. Kevin Can Wait, hmm I dislike all his friends. They seem like wasted characters. I don't mind the Good Place, but I've only seen the first three eps and I'm on the fence about Speechless. I would like them to slip the line "look at the flowers" in for the daughter.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Jasper, it is indeed a hoot. I had been wanting to see the series for some time and was thrilled to find it on Hulu some weeks ago. I still have a few episodes left to watch and am going to watch one right now.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I thought tonight's speechless was the best episode yet..but maybe because I could relate to too much of it..in a very funny way. It's crazy how people (stupidly) do things for people with disabilities out of pity..but why refuse getting on those airplanes even before first class, or getting a top floor suite at a big city hotel when they messed up your reservation :-) and throw in the cutest most charismatic 6 year old as your sidekick ...ummm son....and the unnecessary perks increase ten fold.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Have you watched Odd Mom out on Bravo, it is going into it's third season, and I find it hilarious. all episodes are out on demand, so it is easy to catch up. very New York humor. and it is humor within humor, because the very thing they are mocking is the backbone of the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like Katy Mixon so I was hoping to like "American Housewife". I could like it as long as every week doesn't revolve around her obsessing about her weight. But, I found out the original title of the show was "The Second Fattest Housewife in Westport." and they changed it to "American Housewife". So that doesn't give me hope that they will get off the weight topic.

I'll give it some more time before I decide.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA! I said the exact same thing!