TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Timeless: Archive through October 05, 2016 users admin

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm only 15 minutes in and already love this.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have it set to record.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I still remember the one season of voyagers back in 82-83 ...a series I just adored as an 8 year old...so even though this will be totally different, any time machine scenario has my interest. Can't wait to watch.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it. Lots of twists and turns.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was really good. I was totally caught off guard for the end when she went home.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
REALLY enjoyed it!!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I find it so boring and brought nothing new and I already dumped this show.

Conviction was even worse... oh well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just reading some future time destinations the show will take us. I'll put it in spoiler tags in case you want to be surprised.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Lincoln's assassination, The Alamo, Watergate, Nazi Germany, the Space Race.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really liked it. I can't wait to see where it goes and how Flynn got her book that she didn't even know she had written, yet. It can go so many ways with the different places they travel to.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm all in. I love time travel stories and this one is already a hit in my book.

When the Hindenberg was saved, after returning to the present, it was totally heartwarming when the female lead came home and found her mother alive and well in the kitchen, but at the same time it was heartbreaking that her sister had never been born in this timeline. And then she learns she's engaged to someone but has no idea who?

I wonder if other changes will start to become apparent as she gets to know this new world. If there are no do-overs like they stated in the show, it means they cannot go back and "fix" things they inadvertently changed. Every week could result in timeline changes built upon previous changes so that at some point, the present may no longer even look familiar to anyone that experienced the original time line.

The "butterfly effect" is one thing, but if a new butterfly is introduced into the mix every time a new change from a previous butterfly is detected, how will those cumulative changes affect one another?

The female lead now has three major changes in her own personal life, but what about the rest of the world? It seems that only the time travelers themselves see the differences because to the rest of the world, the "changes" are just the way it had always been.

I am 100% hooked.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wasn't so sure about halfway thru, but I'm glad I stuck with it. When she came home to find her mother cooking in the kitchen, I teared up. But then when she realized her sister didn't exist, how heartbreaking! Gonna stick with it for a while.

I'm glad you're here, SFJF, to 'splain everything for us. You always have great points to add to the conversation.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Btw, just have to mention my favorite "time travel" movie of all time, "Peggy Sue Got Married." When she comes home from school and finds her mother all young and beautiful and her little sister so cute and sweet, it breaks my heart. And then when the phone rings and it's her grandma ("Grandma! You're alive!"), I just sob. Don't we all wish we could go visit a more innocent time in our lives?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just had an interesting thought....what if the bad guy isn't a bad guy at all? What if the changes that the "bad guy" is making is just putting history back to what it was supposed to be?

For all we know, the past has already been changed but no one would know that unless they were the time travelers who caused it (or saw the event being manipulated by different time travelers).

Maybe the Hindenberg had originally crashed upon take off on the day after it landed. Maybe it did NOT crash in a fiery explosion on the day of it's initial landing like our history books say it did.

There could be "do-overs" taking place, but they just aren't being "done-over" by the same people who changed that point in history in the first place.

The "rule" they mentioned is that they cannot go back to a point in time that they had already visited because people cannot coexist in the same time as another version of themselves from another time.

That means a different group of time travelers could go back to "fix" something because they wouldn't wind up in the same moment in time as their previous selves.

For all we know, our trio is running around re-breaking the time line that the supposed "bad guy" is fixing.

This is hard to explain....I have rewritten this post a half dozen times until I got dizzy trying to get it to make sense. Did I succeed? Does this concept make sense to anyone else besides me?:-)

Anyhow, there is no evidence this is what's happening on "Timeless", but given the "no do-over" rules as they have been stated, it's a distinct possibility!

Time travel shows have so many possibilities! It's like history is a rubix cube that could be rearranged in a million different ways but no one except the "rearranger" would ever know.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm glad you're here, SFJF, to 'splain everything for us. You always have great points to add to the conversation."

Thank you. :-) However, keep in mind that when it comes to time travel stories, I tend to make things a LOT more complicated and convoluted than they really are....as evidenced by my previous post!

And down the rabbit hole I go......

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I think Doctor Who said it best: "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff." Clear?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just had an interesting thought....what if the bad guy isn't a bad guy at all? What if the changes that the "bad guy" is making is just putting history back to what it was supposed to be?

I thought of that, too, SFJF! I love Goran Visnjic, and I'm hoping he's not a bad guy!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just had an interesting thought....what if the bad guy isn't a bad guy at all?

I swear I saw that point was already made on the show. Am I imaging that or did anybody else see it too?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I believe Goran Visnjic told the main female lead (can't remember either of their character names!) that there was a lot she didn't know and he did have her yet-to-be written journal, so he basically told her he wasn't the bad guy, but I don't know if that really means much. Most bad guys deny being the bad guy...unless it's a super hero comic book series and then he relishes in his evil and brags about it! :-)

Hey, writing the above paragraph made me think of something. He has her "yet to be written" journal, right?

Does that mean he traveled to her "future" to get her journal...OR...is her "future" actually his "present"? If so, that would mean her "present" is actually in his "past"!

The fact that he has a very real connection with her future could lend credence to the idea that he's actually from her future and he's leapfrogging her and going to her past to change things that she's involved in.

I had assumed they were both from the same time period, but that might not be the case at all.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else...but I did kind of know what I'm trying to say.

Deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole I go.....

Snee

06-26-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Flynn was positioning himself as not-the-bad-guy when he spoke to her. I'm interested in why he was said to have killed his wife and child. They mentioned that at least twice, and I'll be disappointed if that unraveling is not significant.

I also wonder why the time travel boss was so adamant that he not go and the coder go. "We both know that it has to be you." Hmm... If he hadn't said that I would have just thought that the coder had to go because he was the 'driver'. The way the boss delivered that line made me suspicious.

Snee

06-26-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Flynn was positioning himself as not-the-bad-guy when he spoke to her. I'm interested in why he was said to have killed his wife and child. They mentioned that at least twice, and I'll be disappointed if that unraveling is not significant.

I also wonder why the time travel boss was so adamant that he not go and the coder go. "We both know that it has to be you." Hmm... If he hadn't said that I would have just thought that the coder had to go because he was the 'driver'. The way the boss delivered that line made me suspicious.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
In Quantum Leap, Sam said he failed to stop JFK from being shot.
Al replied that Sam saved Jackie's life.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong, but I thought the journal Flynn showed her was written "in 1961"? She's not old enough to have been alive in 1961, but maybe that's an indication that she had traveled to that time period at some point. Oh, this show is going to make my head hurt!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Will the actress who looks like the dead wife appear in every timeline or was that just an excuse for him to move forward and fall in love with the lead?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I could be wrong, but I thought the journal Flynn showed her was written "in 1961"? She's not old enough to have been alive in 1961, but maybe that's an indication that she had traveled to that time period at some point."

Great catch! I totally overlooked the shots of the journal. So she she wrote her journal in the past, but that past is still in her future because she hasn't written it yet, but Visknic has it so he's already been to a future that's in both of their pasts....unless he just found it somewhere in the present, which is still the future of her past. ( Wheeeee! It's like an upside down roller coaster in my head!)

Time travel fiction can get complicated but it's all based on logic....it's one of the reasons I love time travel stories. They can really put the "UN" in unpredictability! They're also probably good brain exercise...like SUDOKU only more fun.:-)

Just so you know, I always overthink them and look for loopholes and no matter what I come up with, a well written time travel story will still surprise the heck outta me....and even if it's not well written, I wind up entertaining myself when I overanalyze it and find loopholes and paradoxes that aren't even there. Just don't rely on my theories to explain anything because they are wrong more often than right.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Will the actress who looks like the dead wife appear in every timeline or was that just an excuse for him to move forward and fall in love with the lead?"

Well, she was shot and she died at the launch of the Hindenburg....but she was alive for her entire lifetime before that. I imagine it's possible they could run into her again if they take a jaunt to sometime before 1937.

On Doctor Who, they pluck friends out of the past and take them on adventures and then return them to their own time all the time!

I checked imdb.com but Carolyn Anderson isn't listed as being in multiple episodes of Timeless.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5734496/?ref_=ttep_ep1

On her own imdb.com page most of her credits are for stunt work and she only has 8 acting credits...and it shows her as being on just one episode of Timeless

:-(