TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 24, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BULL: Archive through September 24, 2016 users admin

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
GREAT START!!! Loved Michael Weatherly in the lead role. I honestly wasn't sure how Dinozzo was going to translate to this new "Dr. Phil" role but he was great! I liked the concept as well and certainly hope this show sticks around for a long, long time.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I agree! Thought I had read one critic who did not like the show (what do they know)but I liked it, thought it was really good. Course I could watch Michael in about anything and like it

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought it was ok. I'll keep watching.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I liked the show. I will watch a few more episodes and then make my decision if I will continue with the season. The problem was it was too obvious for me. I even knew who the kid was protecting in the end. I actually rewatched the 2nd half hour before closing it down.

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it and will keep watching. My only problem was I kept thinking about Dr Phil since this is based on his life prior to the talk show. I'm not a fan of Dr Phil's so I hope I will eventually stop thinking of him when I watch it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. Did the mother kill the girl on the beach or did her daughter? Why was the house surrounded by cops? Help!

I liked the show very much.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was confused too. I assumed the mother did it, but how did they know that. She had the necklace, but they didn't know that.I thought maybe I let the dog out and I missed something.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I didn't know the show was based on Dr. Phil's life prior to becoming famous. Not a fan of his. :-(

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
Dr Phil was on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and said that the show was based on him. I had no clue. He said that he and Steven Spielberg were producing the show. I figured if it's Spielberg, it ought to be good. I just need to get past my dislike for Dr Phil.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Me to, LL. I cannot stand that man. He give me a major case of the creeps.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
yeah, dr. phil's previous life before Oprah was sued by Texas cattlemen or something like that regarding something she said... I remember they filmed her show down there for quite some time and she used his services, reading juries and such and I guess she fell in love with him and his energy and started using him on segments on her show... and the rest is history.

I recorded the show, because I'm curious to see if anyone liked it... I'm not sure I like my Dinozzo with scruff though... so I hope he doesn't always have it on the show... commercial was fine... He needs to be a sharp dressed man...

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I liked it. I wasn't sure it was the Mother who did the killing until I saw she had the necklace. I was also surprised that the male person they was with was the her husband.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We actually liked it more than we thought we might. Sometimes an actor leaves a show, particularly when the show they're leaving is still running and the new show is not a spinoff, and we have trouble not seeing them not in their old role. Initially felt that way with this show but got over it quickly and got into the story line. We've left the DVR set to record so it at least got that much interest from us.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil either, but I enjoyed this show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Weatherly became Bull to me in no time at all. Love the concept of the show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I got bored while watching. The show seems limited if Dr. Bull is only scrutinizing jurors. I hope that he has a wider field that spreads to other sectors of our society, otherwise it would be too boring.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with a lot of you that I have to overcome my dislike of Dr. Phil to enjoy this show. Michael Weatherly is a very charismatic man, though. I like him (never watched the other show he was on).

I thought they got a little slap-dash with the ending. They showed us who Brandon was in bed with (his friend's dad) and implied that the mom had murdered the girl (she had the necklace), but they didn't show how the police figured all that out. What evidence did they have? It just doesn't happen like that in real life. It was kind of hokey.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show, looking forward to more.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Watched it tonight as a free episode on cbs.com. I never really cared for Dinozzo, but he got more tolerable as he aged. Thought Michael Weatherly did a very good job of acting tonight. Will probably watch again, although it does seem a limited range of subject matter, since most criminals are indeed guilty, and I would guess they are going to try to keep this aimed at Bull getting the innocents off.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ditto to pretty much all the above, I would have enjoyed the show so much more had I not heard Dr. Phil crowing about it beforehand. If he is hands off and it is about the behind the scenes process of a trial then it might stay on my list. If it is about the Weatherly character being the Demi God who controls all results of every trial then I will probably drop it in short order. Scorpion lost me for that same reason, the ego of the self progressed 'inspiration' is so blatant. I can't see the vast majority of the show because I spend so much time eye rolling. Lol

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought it was cute when Bull told someone to call him "boss". (as in NCIS)

What was the answer to "Why do you catch a cold?" and why did he want it asked?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I got the impression that he was trying to determine the people who felt like they were "victims" or those who felt they had more control in their lives? I could be wrong, though.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sounds good to me Babyjaxmom! Thank you.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is what I understood the cold question to mean too.
I had heard before the show started that it was based on Phil, but after seeing the show, Bull does not remind me of Phil at all so I can get passed it. He is the one that is recognized as getting the not guilty verdict for Oprah in the cattlemen suit.

Was the juror Bess saying that she knew Bull grew up in some kind of group home???

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am not sure Texannie. She played his game on him.