TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 23, 2016 users admin

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
My cable doesn't say that but I did find that it lists the first two shows as "Chapter 1" and "Chapter 2"

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm halfway thought the premiere and the theme appears to be documentary called "My Roanoke Nightmare". At least that's the phrase they keep showing on the screen every time they go to commercial.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, how much do Angela Bassett and this year's BB contestant Zakiyah resemble each other? That's wild.

Anyway, I still have no idea what this season is about, but they definitely stole things from Blair Witch Project with those twine and wood figurines hanging in the foyer.

When they showed "something" in the forest looking at the house, it looked like the filthy shoulder and back of a very skinny naked human.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another thing that reminds of Blair Witch Project is the storm of teeth. Remember in BWP when Heather untied a little bundle of sticks that was bound in a swatch of Josh's flannel shirt? And inside were were some of Josh's bloody teeth?

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought "Blair Witch". My teenager watched before I did last night, and she said "it's so scary!" Scary? Not so much, but then I remembered she's never seen "Blair Witch". And that movie still freaks the heck outta me.
I love how they use the same actors each season. Each time I saw a recurring actor I was woohooing inside. (It was late, and I didn't want to wake up the house...lol)
I think I'm going to enjoy this season!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
called it :-)

I think when she followed the Kathy Bates character into the woods she entered into an alternate universe or she died in the car crash and it's actually her spirit in the woods.

I can see how they could tie all seasons together with this storyline.

My friend laughed and said OJ is having sex with Marcia Clark!!! LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I never saw Blair Witch. I tried to watch it once years ago but it was too scattered and the shaky camera stuff worked my nerves so I gave up on it.. All my friends that had seen said it was a crappy movie. I remember it was marketed on the idea that it included actual found footage and was based on a true story of missing kids and that was what intrigued me. Then I read an article explaining that the "based on a real story" claim was just hype. (Yeah I used to think that household products were actually "new and improved" because it said so on the label, too!

Anyhow, I have never seen a movie based on the "found footage" premise to be very compelling...they always come across as a cheap way to film a low budget movie with fuzzy special effects. But that's just me. I know a lot of folks loved it. :-)

I did remember enough to see how BWP inspired this premiere. Even the home video in the basement that had the shaky camera work and the closeup of the face at the end of it were very reminiscent of BWP.

Hopefully this season of AHS will be a lot different than what I've seen using the "found footage" idea. When the husband put up all those cameras, it reminded me of "Paranormal Activity", another movie based on the "found footage" concept...where the weird activity was discovered on surveillance footage.

I was trusting Ryan Murphy to draw me in immediately but this premiere kind of disappointed me. For one thing, the premise that the two main characters are telling their story implies right up front that they both survived this nightmare just fine. Also, it just didn't have the grand look/feel or the energy that all of the past seasons of AHS had in their premieres. It just plain didn't grab me right off the bat like seasons 1-5 did because, so far, most of the characters seemed to have been pretty much regular people. In season 1, I was immediately hooked on Jessica Lange's nosy, racist next door neighbor, Constance and the witches and N.O location,in season 3 and the grand Art Deco hotel full of vampires in season 5. This just came across like a typical "old house ghost story" like a million others, until.....

A friend that had just watched it today told me that Chaz Bono was in it. I thought, "huh?" because I didn't see him and there was a relatively small cast in this premiere. I went back and looked again and I saw that Chaz was one the creepy hillbillies! (Not the one in back with scary jacked up teeth.)

Here is Chaz Bono!
chazbilly
(This image was taken from the episode that aired last night. )

Excellent casting! And a surprise that unfortunately went right over my head. I already have a much better outlook for the rest of the season after learning who played that character! It's the unexpected casting and the characters they get to play that is the secret of this show's success, IMHO.

I know Lady Gaga is in this season, too....it would be amazing if she was also a creepy hillbilly, but I can't even imagine Gaga in a role where she doesn't look perfectly styled and glamorous...can't wait to find out.

I'm definitely hooked...again.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Aside from the Stephen King novel, there was a movie (late 70s?) called The Mist starring Adrienne Barbeaux in a town when, on a one hundred year anniversary of something, a mist rolled in from the ocean and out of it came the ghosts of dead pirates out to murder everybody in town for some reason I can't remember.

Hmmmm...there was lots of mist in that forest and on the highway....

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
The Adrienne Barbeaux movie was called "The Fog". Wasn't it weird that the ones narrating the story weren't the same actors portraying the story? The woman narrator was the one who played the nun in the Asylum version, the one acting/living the story was Sarah Paulson, the 2 headed woman from the circus one. And the AA guy narrating was someone unknown (to me anyway) while the one living the story was Cuba Gooding Jr.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I thought Blair Witch was one of the scariest movies ever. I loved it and it was a box office smash, so I wasn't alone. I think it is a horror movie fan's movie.

I notice Chaz right away, but I'm not sure why it's great casting. He really isn't that good of an actor. We'll see if he's gotten any better since he was on my soap opera a few month ago.

And you're right. Beverley, the Movie was called The Fog. Not The Mist. I loved that one when I was a kid.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I noticed that was Chaz right away! Cant wait to see him act!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You guys are absolutely correct...it was The Fog.

Duh...

I might have recognized Chaz if I'd known he was in this, but the hillbilly was just a surprise to me. I don't think I've ever seen him acting in anything at all. I just think it's great casting because the guest stars are usually cast totally against type. When I think of Chaz I still think of when he was Sonny and Cher's little daughter on the Sunny and Cher Show a hundred or so years ago.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Totally missed Chaz but I was at the same time looking at a catalog so I was not focused. However I did notice thos large jacked up teeth on the one hillbilly.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I missed that it was Chaz, too!
Sometimes I don't pay attention to credits!

Beverly - Sarah Paulson and Cuba Gooding, Jr are actors reinacting the story being told by the narrators. Like in the shows about Haunted houses that air on cable these days.

I wonder if it will go beyond the "MY Nightmare" show and things will happen to the real people after.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I can't believe I missed Chaz and I had read he would be on. Still went right by me.

I watched alone as Trey and Tim are working out of town this week. The show scared me. I had to turn on the bright kitchen light. I think maybe it was the realness of the house and characters.

Pamy, I thought alternate universe too. Maybe a little Silent Hill. I didn't think about her being dead. That could be interesting.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I was thinking that my parents and I used to watch Sonny and Cher show together each week and we all were in love with Chastity. I remember my mom saying how awful she thought it was for them to name her that (my mom was a country girl like June Cleaver). Anyway, I was thinking, if someone told us that little girly girly was going to grow up to be a heavy set man we would have bet the farm they were wrong. I wish they were still alive so I could see their face when I tell them it was true!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I read that Gaga said awhile back that her character was part of the earth or something like that. I bet she is the entity that made the earth rise when Sarah was laying on the ground

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've never seen BWP so anything the same I don't notice. I found it quite tense to watch and jumped a couple of times. This would be the first AHS that has seemed scary to me. The teeth freaked me out too, I would rather watch someone being disembowelled in a horror flick than anything with teeth!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I spotted Lady GaGa's character. About 1 minute into the show, there is a scalped old man running from a woman holding his scalp in her hand. The woman has long wavy reddish hair and a horned headdress. She has on a tattered dress and she looks very scary.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Interesting, I didn't catch that.

The pig people are creepy!

So will the nurse sisters show up again?

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Also, Kathy Bates is doing another interesting accent!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So are you saying I've already missed two episodes. I don't see any re runs.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They've already aired two episodes, though the channel that I watch it on in Canada does air a lot of repeats so you have lots of chances to see it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Both of the episodes are in on-demand for xfinity/comcast.

Don't all pay tv providers have on-demand now? Even dish?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just am having a hard time buying this. If a mom thought a house had bad things going on she wouldnt go get her kid and bring her back.

even if they sunk their savings into the house, they could live somewhere else and have the agent sell this house, esp with all the scary shit they are seeing.