TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 23, 2016 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was anxious and curious to see it. The scenes in all the promos we've been seeing were shown and therefore explained tonight. Got a Season Pass for this one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What's the general premise of the show?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Three unrelated families with their own problems -- both as families and individuals. In coming episodes they will be intertwining some. Fills the hole left by cancellation of Parenthood.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, I was just curious because the synopsis in the TV listings made it sound mysterious, or even supernatural.

It says "Several people whose lives are mysteriously intertwined begin to notice peculiar coincidences about each other".

By your comment, I am pretty sure I can cross out the supernatural. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Definitely not supernatural. Just how their lives happen to intertwine. Saw a little something of that at the very end of the show tonight.

It it was supernatural or science fiction, I would not watch. No interest in that.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I know I wasn't the only one saying Oh My God at that twist at the end. Loved it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting for it to pop up in on-demand, but I also see the pilot is being rerun on Saturday night. (NBC)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It followed 4 people with the same birthday. As the show plays out, it is the 36th birthday of a man who's wife is having triplets on his birthday, an unhappy actor and his overweight twin sister and a man who was left at a firehouse.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Right, Mamie, my memory is sooo short. I'd forgotten about that. Obviously I can watch and enjoy a program and then not remember much of it. Certainly not many details.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
What a great show! Such a good surprise end to the first show.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I loved this show, even before we realized how they're connected, and then it was like "oh wow, what a wonderful surprise!".

I think NBC does such good heartfelt dramas, and this one sure feels like another one.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I watch it I thought it was good.
I think the brother, sister and the firehouse guy are the triplets.
In one of the scenes there was a photograph that looked like the three of them together.
Definitely will watch next episode!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm so slow to catch on. I was wondering why I saw ppl smoking in the hospital. Hello.

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
I loved the twist. I will be curious to see how they intertwine the lives from different decades.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I saw some pics online today that showed all the little hints throughout the show. Of course I said Ohhhhh!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I said "Oh, I get it." (after is was spelled out for me in the plot.)

Deedee

10-13-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deedee a private message Print Post    
This twist was GREAT. I think I am going to like this show.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
oh and that opening scene with Milo only in a towel...yummy...
It reminds me of Parenthood in that that show started out about the parents but it couldn't maintain their story line so it went to the kids..my opinion only...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. Didn't see that coming, but I loved it. That was cool. I had goosebumps all during the last five minutes of the show. Some tears, but mostly feel-goods. Wonder how they're gonna work the parents into the show. I came into this mainly for Milo--and the comparisons to Parenthood. I have high hopes.

And I do love me some Gerald McRaney.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too Babyjax. Who wouldn't want a doctor like that?
I use to have a boyfriend that looked identical to him in the 80s, only younger. Is he still married to Delta Burke?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, according to Imdb.com, they are still married. That's nice to know. They've been married 27 years (since May 1989). I'm glad for them. Remember when they married.

I've loved Gerald McRaney since his days on Simon & Simon back in the '80s. He's been around a LONG time. Here's his page from Imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0574468/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks, he's Still dreamy. I'm not familiar with the actor that plays the father of the triplets but he's pretty dreamy too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Milo was on Gilmore girls as a love interest for the daughter. He was also on another NBC show about the people who had special powers... can't remember the name, though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Supernatural? He was also on that show last season about the aliens who were trying to take over the earth through the children.

I just Googled "show about aliens taking over through children" and it came up "The Whispers." I love Google. It's amazing!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The super powers one was "Heroes".