TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: Archive through May 10, 2016 users admin

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I hope she says No!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't think she is much better then he is. She hasn't really been the "good wife".

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I LOVE Jeffrey Dean Morgan and yet I still can't watch past 5 minutes of an episode. I'm just so over Alicia. She's like a prime time soap opera character at this point.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope Cary goes and finds Kalinda. That would be a good series ending. IMO

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I hope Cary goes and finds Kalinda. That would be a good series ending. IMO"

I've been hoping for that, too. It would be just like at the end of "E.R." when Alicia....er, I mean, Julianna Margulies, left town to have her happy ending with George Clooney!

I think Alicia needs to stop helping her selfish husband's political career by staying married to him just to support his (false) image as "a good family man". He needs to learn how to sink or swim on his own (preferably, sink).

It's time she stops playing the "good wife" so she can just be a "happy woman".....hopefully with Jeffrey Dean Morgan. :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I really disliked Kalinda and not fond of Cary either. He can just go and they both just stay gone never to be seen again.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I could see though that she still loves her husband a little bit, or maybe she feels sorry for him, but when she reached for that tie and coat to make his arrest a bit more dignified there must have been some caring for him.

As a Canadian I was a bit annoyed of the reference 'it's clean', like it's something so unreal, a public transportation place should be spotless in the US as well. I liked 'her worship' a lot, but to say 'our superior health system' made me laugh. That was overdoing it.

I was amazed, however, at those interception systems they have in both countries, that's scary, they could use those interception to bring down anyone they don't like. Yet, knowing she was overheard on her cell for years didn't make her more careful with her calls. I would be terrified thinking someone is constantly listening in on my calls, private or professional, they would get bored to tears but still what an invasion of privacy!! And this seems legal in both countries!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Do you really have to call her "her worship"? I thought Alicia and ( I am drawing a blank here as to the new gals name) Anyway, I thought they knew their conversation was being overheard and wanted the Canadians to hear them.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
'her worship' (could be a British tradition) is still used as a honorific prefix for a city mayor, at least in Canada, although other countries, like Australia, changed it to 'your honour' like in the States.

Yes, of course their conversation was intentional so that they could be overheard by the Canadians. I was referring to all the years she knew her calls were monitored, I'm surprised she didn't become totally paranoid, I couldn't cope knowing that. I remember that episode where all the lawyers at the firm had to change their cell phones knowing they were intercepted but obviously that could not be a solution since even burners can be intercepted, and soon they forgot about it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Rather disappointing ending. I was glad there wasn't a big happily ever after for Alicia as she has been making one poor decision after another. At least they didn't bring back Kalinda. Good for Diane!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was a very unsatisfying series finale. I was happy to see Will again, but the rest was kind of a mess. It did kind of come full circle, since we started the series with Alicia standing next to her husband at the podium making a statement to the press and ended the same way.

The rest of it, bleh. Made me think of the Lost finale. At least it wasn't all a dream, but we didn't get much closure either.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was ok with the ending, like sugar said she has made some bad choices. She is without her boyfriend now, her husband and probably her job and if not it won't be very fun working with Diane. I guess she can run for office. I'm glad it is over. They did say it wasn't going to be tied up with pretty little bows. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This show had great writing throughout the entire series....until the final five minutes. What the hell, did the writers get drunk and just leave work early on their last day?

They announced the show was ending months ago and they implied that they would actually write an ending to the story. This was no better than if it had been a season finale with a cliffhanger and then got canceled without warning.

Even though the writing had been great for the past 7 years, if they couldn't write an ending without it being a cliffhanger (even knowing it was ending months and months ahead of time) then they failed to get the job done.

What a letdown.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I quit watching 2 - 3 years ago.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Worst. Finale. Ever.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I got bored with it about 30 minutes in and turned it off.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to see people agreeing with me re boring and unsatisfactory and unfinished and for me even depressing. I was sorry I wasted my time on it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agree with you, SanFran. This show was so well written all 7 seasons, and then to blow it on the finale? What a disappointment.

The Good Wife Bosses Explain the Shocking Ending http://www.eonline.com/news/763238/the-good-wife-bosses-explain-the-series-finale-ending-slap-and-betrayal

There's a poll at the end of the article asking people whether they loved or hated the finale. So far "hated" is in the lead at nearly 68%.

And her hair (wig) was so awful in this episode. It's like they just gave up on it. It was a mess, as well.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought the whole season was a mess, maybe that is why the ending didn't bother me. Life is not a fairy tale. LOL

I also thought Lucca was the one that really liked Jason more then Alicia.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching on a regular basis right around the time they cut Kalindas character. I love Archie but it was not because of that, it was more that whatever happened behind the scenes that resulted in Archie leaving, also seemed to have affected the rest of the cast/crew and it just lost.... something. I didn't enjoy the finale but I did like the way they wrapped it up. Alicia was so much about her own ambition and image and was always ready to toss her 'friends' under the bus. Was fitting that her lack of loyalty costs her Diane and her waffling her own ambition costs her Jason.

PS: YES!!! Babyjax, so true about the hair. Lol made me wonder if the rumours about Julianne being difficult were true and the crew were getting in a couple jabs while they had the chance. Lol

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Big disappointment for me as well. We wuz robbed!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"We wuz robbed!"

Yeah, this finale was a real slap in the face to the loyal fans!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I don't think she deserved the slap and Diane should not have refused to have her husband testify one way or the other, if they had to defend their client, the governor, they had to use all they had to achieve it even if it was at Diane's husband's expense, since he ended up not being a credible witness.

So, I didn't like the slap at all but I'm glad we won't see the continuation of that and I like to think that everyone will go on their separate ways, Alicia free of her husband with the divorce and enjoy Jason while it lasts, her daughter going to college, Lucca becoming a great partner of Alicia without Diane or Cary for that matter, nothing else to see in their future, the story ended at the right time.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Really Spunky? She implied that Dianne's husband was having an affair to discredit and embarrass him. I would have have done a LOT more than slap her.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
And, Diane and company ( including Will) "taught" her to cast doubt on opposing testimony . When Alicia told Lucca she needed her help, she was passing on her "education" and telling her to go after Diane's husband. She didn't really care enough about Peter yet, she was willing to damage Dina, her mentors, life. Interesting choice.