TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 08, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you! I had completely forgotten.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Best. AHS. Finale. Ever.

I loved the happy ending for Liz and Sally especially. Liz is now running a fashion empire and Tristan loves her as much as ever. AND she's a new grandmother! :-) Sally is no longer so bitter and lonely because she's now connected to the entire world via social media! :-)

As for the rest of the hotel ghosts, they seemed to get about as "happy" an ending as was possible for such a miserable lot of spirits! Even James March announced that the Ten Commandment killing was meant to be his new beginning but says now that it was the end.

They all seem to be actually trying to do their best to make a go of it.

I just felt 100% satisfied with this finale. I'm still smiling about it.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I liked it, too. Especially Liz Taylor's happy ending. Denis O'Hare really deserves an award for that role. I was very happy Tristan wasn't angry at him at all and just wanted him to live his life.
I also loved that his son and family embraced him and he got to see his grandchild born.

They mentioned the school, Thatcher, twice. I wonder if it's where the next story will take place or if there was any significance to that?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the finale was a little cheesy, but fun.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That's the same theory they have in this article (below). It makes perfect sense. Ryan Murphy does throw in obscure clues to the following season's theme.

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/American-Horror-Story-Season-6-Thatcher-School-39799302

-----

I'd been wondering what next season could be and couldn't think of another horror theme that didn't include zombies or werewolves. LOL I just can't imagine those themes working on this show.

However, the Thatcher school could be the clue. It might be a hint that next year could be about evil, murderous children who appear normal but really, really aren't typical kids at all. I'd love that. "The Bad Seed" is one of my favorite movies. I believe Eileen Heckart won a best supporting actress Oscar in this movie for her role as the head mistress of the Penbrook Academy (if I'm remembering that correctly). In the 1990s or so, I saw the adult Patty McCormick entering the Castro Theatre for an appearance at a film festival I wish there had been an opportunity to meet her.

The Bad Seed would be a perfect inspiration for a season of AHS....

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
They definitely seemed to make a point of saying the name as if it were meant to be a clue of something.

Sanfran - i think the school of evil kids would make an interesting backdrop for the next season.
Scarlett seemed to be okay when we saw her but who knows what she might have gone through there.

The Bad Seed was a really good movie. Wasn't it like the first movie to ever have a child play a murderer? What always struck me as so strange was how they had the actress who played the mom spank Patty McCormack after the movie was over. It always seemed like such a bizarre thing to tack onto the movie. I think I read where some people thought it was meant to be funny and take away some of the horror the people might be feeling toward a child but it was definitely odd.

It's cool that you got to see her in real life!
Eileen Heckart - i hadn't heard her name in ages but she was one amazing actress. My favorite movie of hers was "The Hiding Place".
I loved her voice.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think I read where some people thought it was meant to be funny and take away some of the horror the people might be feeling toward a child"

That's how I always looked at it. :-) They had the individual shots of all the players with their names on the screen (like they sometimes did with those old films) but then ended it with a surprising, light hearted moment of the mother, with a big smile on her face, spanking dear sweet evil Rhoda.

Maybe that was the very first iteration of what morphed into what they now refer to as the "gag reel" on DVDs. lol

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Loved, loved loved the finale. So much so I am going to watch it again tonight with the boys who haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Liz Taylor killed it!

Robinm

01-31-2006

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
My daughter looked up Thatcher School for teens. It has many, many ghost sitings and stories attached to it. The upper school has lots of things happening in it. Her reading the stuff that goes on there, makes me believe that if they do Thatcher, it would be kind of like season 1, murder house, which to me would be awesome as that and this last season were my favorites.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found this:

Thacher Ghost Stories
By Lexie Kirkwood on October 31, 2013

http://thethachernotes.com/2013/10/31/thacher-ghost-stories/

-------

Also, in the very end of the finale we see the Countess sitting in the bar room and it seems to be during the 1920's or 30's. A young man comes in and she comments on his beautiful jawline as she stares at his neck.

At first I was unsure about the era because the man came across as very modern to me, but in retrospect I don't think that means much.

That scene has to be a flashback to decades before she died and became a ghost...otherwise why would she be so interested in his neck? She's a ghost now so she doesn't need to feed.

I wonder if that scene was a reference to season 6...

That man in the bar is John Michael Young.
mvs
image from: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3743882/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t34

He really reminds me of Ricky Nelson! Maybe that's why he seemed "modern" to me as opposed to being from the 20s or 30s.
decca
image from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Nelson

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Another possibility is a ship. Marsh mentioned a ship/boat during the ghost meeting and called them all matey.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Loved the finale and watched it twice. It will be interesting to see which Easter eggs are accurate.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Sunday, January 17, 2016 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Something else I noticed. I love watching this show more than once. I notice things I didn't the first time.

As the final scene started with the Countess in the bar they show a 70's flip clock radio.
70flip

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 6 is starting about a month earlier than all the other seasons!

American Horror Story Season 6
Premiere is Sept. 14

First teaser trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TJp8c6EYII

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oohh cool TY!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so glad they are starting it a month earlier, because last year I felt it lost a lot of momentum when they didn't show the final 2 episodes until after a 3 week break over the holidays. Maybe it's starting so early so they won't be doing that this year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm sure you guys have been seeing all the teaser trailers out this past few weeks. Well, actually there are six of them.

It ends up that only one is a real trailer, and the rest are misdirects.

If you want it all to be a surprise to you, then don't click this link.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/182091/american-horror-story-season-6-one-teaser-trailer-real/

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I have seen them and they are super creepy!! Can't wait to see what it really is.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Holy Toledo! It's up to 10 teasers now!

Here's all 10 teaser trailers in one compilation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpdjuKg_f00

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So what do you think the title of this season means?

"American Horror Story: The Mist"

I truly don't know any spoilers about the season, and am going out on a limb at guessing "aliens". Mainly because that's one of the things they have never delved into deep, even though they hinted at aliens in the Asylum season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well there is the famous Stephen King story and movie (which I know you're familiar with).

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought "The Mist" was just the name of one of the trailers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Panda, in my cable TV listings, the title of this season is shown as "American Horror Story: The Mist".

Doesn't it show that for everyone?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, that's what it says in TV Guide magazine.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont really want sci fi aliens. I was really thinking it was going to be about the Roanoke colony or Tate's baby from season 1.