TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 14, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through June 14, 2016 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering how they'll choose to get him "undead" for the return of this. I guess they'll have to choose among "it was a dream", or some kind of complicated conspiracy, or an actual miraculous resurrection, or an icky zombie resurrection, or suddenly find a secret twin brother, or he faked died in a holodeck. I can't think of any other "believable" options.

I hope they can come up with something different!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they'll just say he had to fake his death to get some bad guy/fbi/police off his back. I know he had that brain thing, but he could have had a magical operation to fix that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else watch the premiere of Feed the Beast on AMC?

I kept my attention, but I can decide yet if I like it. The stars are great, though.

Feed the Beast tells the story of Tommy (David Schwimmer) and Dion (Jim Sturgess) who are like brothers. Dion can’t stay out of trouble. Tommy can’t move past it. For two friends on the brink of losing everything, a dusty pipe dream of opening up an upscale restaurant in their hometown of the Bronx is all they have left to turn their lives around. Together, they take on the insanity of the New York restaurant world, and navigate its underbelly of petty criminals, corrupt officials and violent mobsters.

http://www.amc.com/shows/feed-the-beast

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I gave it a go and will stick with it for at least a couple more episodes (the next of which is tomorrow I think). If they actually develop the restaurant side of it rather than just have the fighting it will be more appealing to me.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It seemed a bit off to me. I think it's the casting. The chef come across as way too uncouth to be an executive chef and David Schwimmer just came across as an even sadder and more whiny Ross Geller.

I'll check out the next one and see if gets better for me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I definitely was confused throughout. At first I thought the one guy was cooking in a firehouse. Come to realize it was prison. And I still don't understand whether they used to have a restaurant or not. There are flashbacks, but then the subsequent conversations make it sound like it was a dream they never realized. And the building Schwimmer lives in looks like an old restaurant that a bulldozer went through.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, I might just be blanking on this but I don't remember any flashbacks.

That building Schwimmer lives in the one that he, his now dead wife, and the chef were renovating to turn into their dream restaurant. They had the fancy stove and the espresso maker but they never finished the remodel because the wife died and the chef went to jail.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Remember when the chef guy picked up the dead wife's pink phone? Right then it flashed to a scene where all of them, the chef and dead wife and Schwimmer were working in a fancy restaurant. The wife and chef were in the kitchen, and Schwimmer was out with the customers pouring fancy wine. The scene ended with the mob guy swirling his red wine in the glass.

I guess it could have been a daydream of the future.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My assumption (and only an assumption) was that they all worked together, and Rie and Jim Sturgess were chefs and Schwimmer was the somelier (or however that is spelled). They dreamed of actually owning a restaurant because they enjoyed working together so much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and the flashback could also be showing how the chef got involved with the mob guy. The mob guy used to eat at the restaurant where they worked.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I remember that flashback now. Yeah, that was just the restaurant where they all worked together and where the friend was the executive chef.

I think the mob guy was the owner or had just muscled his way into ownership or something. That's why the chef now owes him $600k. The restaurant didn't have enough insurance to cover the loss.

Then we learned that after the wife was killed in a hit and run, the chef got all coked up and wound up burning down the restaurant and went to jail. Schwimmer said that was when he lost his wife, his job, and his best friend all at once.

I did wonder if the hit and run was somehow connected to that restaurant and/or the tooth fairy. It seemed suspicious that toothy fairy got the chef released early...like there was than just the $600k on his agenda.

I had assumed that the chef had accidentally set the restaurant on fire but then I started to wonder if it was deliberate and if so, why.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's more interesting than I originally thought.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
LOL I was thinking the same thing as I wrote my post! Maybe I was just too distracted with "Ross Geller" in that role and it colored my overall impression of the whole thing. The plot does seem to have an interesting dynamic in retrospect.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The second episode is on tonight already, so let's give it another shot. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG I just watched the premiere of BrainDead on CBS, and I love it. When Tony Shalhoub's head crapped out his brain, all I could think was "Yep, he's a politician" LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, I gave Feed the Beast another shot (ep 2) and realized that I just don't care about these characters....they even added a new character that's just as unlikeable as the rest! The kid seemed okay but when all the adults just make one obviously wrong decision after another it gets tedious. Even though I usually give everything on AMC a chance, I dumped my season pass for this one. I still have more than enough shows that actually entertain me to watch anyhow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I felt the same way, SFJ (about Feed the Beast)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"OMG I just watched the premiere of BrainDead on CBS"

It's now my favorite new show (well, it ties with Preacher, but they're so different I couldn't decide which I liked best).

I won't give anything away for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but I will say it was absolutely nothing like what I expected! It was fresh and fun and surprising. All I knew was that it was made by the folks who did The Good Wife and I knew it was about politics. The promos made it look like a sassy political show.

It is SO much more!

Watch it now! :-)

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
at the last minute I decided to set the PVR to record BrainDead - by the sounds of it, it was a good decision!

I'll watch it tonight!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded. I'm looking forward to seeing it now!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Crap I didn't dvr it....now I'm wishing I had. (Braindead)

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Bet they will show it again, maybe Sat. night? It was good!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed BrainDead.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe you can catch Brain Dead via On Demand or Streaming.:-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What network?