TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Gothic - CBS: Archive through August 08, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well if Mom isn't the killer, she should be, she is a twisted gal.

And it was really funny when the kid mentioned all the predator birds around the house.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So the blood from what they think is the killer's blood from the crime scene matches the dead father's enshrined football jersey blood. At this point they all think their dead father is the killer.

So the only conclusion we can come to is---
The dead father isn't the killer....LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL! if it turns out to be the mom ill be so pissed. But I dont have faith in the writers so it is probably mom the mayor daughter. They probably wanted her to tell the FB story so cops would go get dna from the jersey in hopes that would solve case and they wouldnt know there were 2 killers. Mom knows daughter is the killer that is why she killed dad.

The writing and acting gets worse every week. I wish they would have made this show more campy and killed someone each week.

The chick stabs a guy and goes and sits in the truck ugh Maybe she is the killer LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 29, 2016 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The many-shades-of-blue decor on almost every wall. molding, and ceiling in that huge house is unforgivably hideous.

I think the interior decorator must be the murderer. He is obviously insane.

hall
dining room
blue stairs
blue crazy kid
blue kitchen
blue upstairs
(images from this week's aired episode)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 29, 2016 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO! I thought the dining room reminded me of Disneyland's haunted house, the area where you walk through before getting in the little covins

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Didn't Garrett follow the doctor? He was in the truck tracking her movements to see when she's alone - the diner, work, home, etc. He was in the diner to 'accidentally' bump into her/meet her when his ex-girlfriend popped up (thanks to his mom). Then to 'meet' her he sliced his hand open to go to the urgent care location she was working at. He knew she was the daughter of one of the SBK's victims but I'm not sure why he's interested in her yet. One more mystery to solve.

I'm caught up to the latest episode now.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think the interior decorator must be the murderer. He is obviously insane.

Truer words have NEVER appeared on these pages. I'm THISCLOSE to giving up on the show due to the horrific decor - it really is that distracting. But I'll stick with it to see how did it.

I'm surprised the writing is as shaky as it is considering that the creator/head writer wrote and produced several episodes of "The Good Wife" - the lady lovers scenes between the older sister and the campaign manager on 'AG' harken back to the good old days when the GW's Kalinda Sharma hit the sack with her various inamoratas.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Truer words have NEVER appeared on these pages. I'm THISCLOSE to giving up on the show due to the horrific decor - it really is that distracting."

Thank you, Uncle_ricky. Someone had to say it, so it might as well have been me!

I kind of get the feeling that Garrett feels strong empathy for that doctor because of her father being killed by SBK. I think he wanted to get to know her and try to help her in some way.....and/or find out if she knows something. Garret certainly displays a lot of guilt over whatever happened 14 years ago that made him run away and live in a cabin in the woods somewhere. (Funny...that's exactly what Sheriff Lucas Hood did on Banshee, the character that Antony Starr played just before doing this show!)

In any case, I think Garret knows something but isn't SBK.

Side note: When season one of "24" ended, I read that all the good guys used Mac computers and all the bad guys used Windows PCs, even the spy that was a mole in the good guy's unit where everyone else used Macs! I wonder if something similar is going on here.

Garret's old bedroom in that house is one of the few rooms that isn't painted gloomy blue! When Cam and the younger sister were in Garret's room laughing at the silver bell on the wall, I noticed the walls were actually green, although the outside of his bedroom door was gloomy blue to match the hallway. This made me wonder if it's a hint that he's different from the rest of that screwed up family.

garret

Oh yeah....I have wondered about the cop's female boss, too. I've always felt that there's something "off" about her. Then I noticed the walls in the detective's room is also "gloomy blue".
cops

It should seem silly to suspect characters based on the paint color of their rooms, but hey, they couldn't have just "accidentally" used that exact same paint color in so many different sets. The set decorator wouldn't have let that happen...unless there was a point to it (or it's just the set decorator who's insane! :-))

I think the mother's secret, white trash, con-artist, waitress, drunken, money-sucking mother who is stashed away in that rundown trailer house is involved in the whole thing. She has had zero to do with anything we've seen so far and they wouldn't have introduced such a bizarre and unexpected character for no reason.

This show reminds me so much of Secrets and Lies...every week I suspected a different character and at the end, it turned out to be the MOST UNLIKELY person on the show! Unfortunately, there are NO unlikely suspect on AG except for the kid that's a serial-killer-in-training...because he wasn't even born when SBK started up.

Anyhow...fun show, despite the blue overdose.

(All images here were taken from the episodes that have aired...)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You guys make the show so much more entertaining!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
SanFran, you are actually more entertaining than the show and a better writer!!

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised the writing is as shaky as it is considering that the creator/head writer wrote and produced several episodes of "The Good Wife"

Does American Gothic have The Good Wife creator/writers in common? I though CBS was promoting BrainDead as created by the The Good Wife creators...

Debra Birnbaum. “The Good Wife” creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King have earned a straight-to-series order from CBS for their latest project, “BrainDead.”
Link

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I ran across something interesting but I wasn't sure if it really meant anything.

Did anyone else notice this?

In episode 4 Garrett and Christina (daughter of an SBK victim) went to a park. While there the scene below was shown:
amer-gothic-ep4
(image taken from that aired episode)
Anyhow, that image stuck with me because it reminded me of a famous painting that I really knew nothing about but the image was haunting enough that I never forgot it. I never knew it's title. I finally looked it up today and found the painting I had remembered:
christinasworld
(image from https://mydailyartdisplay.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/christinas-world-by-andrew-wyeth/)

That scene was so similar to the painting I figured it must've been done on purpose and it must "mean something".

So...only after my research did I realize the painting was named "Christina's World"....and that the character who went to the park with Garret was named Christina and that the episode I saw it in was also named "Christina's World"!

Before I realized "Christina's World" was the name of that episode, I thought it might be an easter egg pointing to the killer whose name could be Christine. But now that I realize that it wasn't a subtle hint at all but was actually a blatantly obvious connection to the painting to anyone who knew the episode's title and the painting's title.

Anyhow, it's still interesting....even if it isn't a secret hint!

Or is it.....?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh wow Sanfran!!!! you amaze me! That is so cool how you figured it out. It is cool even if it isnt a clue :-)

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I did read awhile ago that there's supposed to be a scene in each episode that duplicates a famous painting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just looked, and all the episode titles are famous paintings. I am going to have to go through and find the matching scenes. That's pretty cool.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the one from tonight.

Painting "The Gross Clinic"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gross_Clinic

It's the same as the scene from tonight when the boy was looking in on the medical class.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Episode 3 was "Nighthawks", when Garret was stalking Christina.

(image from the episode that aired)

image: Public domain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawks

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Great observation on the art work! After watching last night I am sure its the Mother who is TSBKand her husband probably helped her by driving the getaway car! \Then she killed him when he wanted to talk! She cut her mother out of her life, bullied her children and seems cold blooded enough to do anything to get her way!
Her grandson is a future serial killer for sure. I was so afraid he was going to kill his cousins! Something has to be done before he kills someone!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Very good Sanfran !

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I actually be so pissed if it is the mom and dad. too damn obvious from the start

Kaysarluvsme

08-07-2005

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
I find the various shades of blue very beautiful in that house. The trim is white. By the way, a lot of television shows use the blue paint/ white trim so it must "film" well. I just read the comments about all of the blue being very creepy and had to comment that blue is a very soothing "cool" color on the color palette. P.S. My favorite color also, so my house has much of this blue in it also. JMHO

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2016 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Blue is my favorite color too! I think it's just too much of a good thing.

"The trim is white"

Actually, a lot (if not most) of the trim in those rooms is in various shades of pastel blue. It's especially obvious in the hallway and the kitchen. If all that trim had been white, it would've looked so much better.

I think they must have wanted to set the mood of a castle for an ice queen that's cold blooded and heartless, like the mother. :-) With so few (if any) warm colors in that house, it actually makes me feel chilly when I watch the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO...."having a serial killer for a father is worse than bestiality?" I about died laughing at the list of things that were not considered worse.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 1:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"LMAO....having a serial killer for a father is worse than bestiality?"

I doubt Lassie would agree with that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!