TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Braindead: Archive through August 02, 2016 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We are about 1/2 way through the 1st episode. So far it reminds me of The Animorphs series of kids books.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The bugs in the ear creeped me out. Anybody else remember the Star Trek movie where somebody put some kind of mind control bug in Chekov's ear, so they could spy on Captain Kirk? The whole movie I was thinking, "Get that damn bug out of his ear!" It was icky.

Hubby liked this (shocking!). We'll give it another try.

Now I've got that cars song stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I do remember that Star Trek episode Babyjaxmom. It was creepy crawly.
Wasn't it this last season of Survivor that had an bug in someone's ear causing them no end of grief?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Chekhov's ear lava. <shudder>

I don't have many fears but I do not like ants and I do not like anything going in the ear. This is not the show for me! Avoiding that bit, I wasn't sure where it was going, not enough comedy and too boring for drama. I'll give it one more episode.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It didn't really keep my attention at all. Will probably give it another episode as well.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm with Kitt and Sugar…I'll give it one more chance. I too thought is was supposed to be a comedy. Where were the laughs?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I must be warped, you made me pull it up on demand and I thought it was funny. It was a bit more like body snatchers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's satire. Not ROTF laughing, but humorous.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think it wants to be satire, just not sure it has hit its mark, at least as yet.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I saw it described in a review as "sc-fi/political satire".

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really got a kick out of this show. I am looking forward to the crazy things the politicians will do and say because of the aliens in their brains....but I have a funny feeling they won't be too different from the actual things real politicians do and say without aliens in their heads....hahaha
That's the part that will be the fun satire for me.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Disappointing, because it's such an old theme, there are already a couple of versions of the original 'body snatchers' that I was hoping for some other ways of losing a brain. The only new twist this time is that it's supposed to be a comic version, but how insidious when you think that they keep showing people losing their brain while in the midst of a political campaign.. and I take offense that the 80's song is the one chosen by those who lost their brain. The 80's were fun compared to nowadays... Do you think that whoever will win the US presidency is because they are brain dead?? Some funny allusion ...

That was my very first impression, but who knows, maybe there will be something new and funny...

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really don't think the song choice is that deep, Spunky. The first line of the song is "You might think I'm crazy", and that goes along with how people will think they are acting once they have changed over.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I admit I laughed tonight when Tony Shalhoub's character gave his plan, and it's exactly Ex Texas Governor Perry's plan from the 2008 debate where he couldn't remember the third agency he was going to close...hahaha
(Tony's character remembered all three, though)

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
It creeped me out. Nothing funny. If I were Laurel and saw all those bugs in my house I wouldn't go back in there until they were gone, but she did.
I wasted 2 hours of my life that I will never get back again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I can't imagine getting so angry over a silly show. Muffin! :-)

BTW, it isn't just the Republicans going radical on this show.... It's any politician that gets taken over by the alien brain thing that goes radical. Any politician, Republican or Democrat, that gets their brain invaded by the aliens, turns into a radical of whatever party they belong to.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am not angry, but I am sort of in Muffin's camp. I didn't really find this funny. I must have missed the person that was brain dead being radical for their party. Except for Tony, they all seemed just stepford wive-ish.

The ants completely creeped me out!! I did sort of giggle when Tony shook his brain out, but I found the ants really gross

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying it. Given the lack of choices in the summer it keeps me entertained.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I'm not angry, I just found it a silly show on top of grossing me out.
I could have turned the channel, but I didn't!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I know! Same here Muffin....it was kind of like a train wreck...didn't necessarily like it, but I didn't change the channel either.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Wow Muffin, I had the exact same reaction... there is something of a very 'bad taste' in this series. The fact that I didn't turn the channel is because it was taped on my pvr and 1 hr show is always a 20 min show and so I don't waste so much time watching it. It's also silly wondering about the contradictions because the show is just too silly to worry about why someone's head explodes while others go on living merrily with no brain and how they could go on living being brain dead is too much of a slap to my face. Their brain is replaced with what??
What keeps us watching is to see how those awful ants will enter the body of our main characters.. at that point it either changes for the better or for the worst and we'll decide to dump this series or not.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Half way through the 2nd episode and am bored, bored and bored. I have enjoyed satire in the past but this ain't it. I am done.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OMG. the latest episode has me cracking up so much, I love it, this show just gets better and better, If you just watch the opening musical summaries it would be enough.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't get all the hate for this comedy. This show cracks me up! It's hilarious!

As each character gets their ant-takeover, they dig in their political heels even harder and get even less reasonable, no matter which party they're in. The various characters in each party seem to be working against each other, but in doing so, they will accomplish a common goal - the end of government - which would also end any government oversight of what's actually happening...you know, the "space ant" invasion. As Lauren's friend (who has been ant-i-fied) said in the latest episode, "We want EVERYTHING! Bwahaha!"

I have never seen a sci-fi political comedy as funny AND (god help us) topical of current politics in DC as "BrainDead".

I hope Washington is watching!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Maybe it is too close to real life, Sanfran, hahahahaha.