TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 08, 2016 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In the past, haven't they had the deceased character's actor come back to the set?

It seems to me that whoever was lost will be back on set to finish filming part 2 of that episode?

It would seem odd to start at some other point.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, that is what Lincoln says:

As it turns out, the scene hasn't been shot in its entirety but Lincoln still isn't willing to give up any info

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I always go back to the actors saying..I couldnt sleep after I read the script...I didnt talk for an hour after we filmed....

The way we saw it end and if they truly didnt kill the character during that filming (and truly dont know who it is that is killed) I just cant see them having these type of comments. I say they filmed it and they were just told to say random shit to throw us off.

Even with the latest quote Kar posted...not shooting scene in its entirety...that could mean anything, they didnt finish filming what happened after they all reacted to the killing. just mho

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Pamy... we really don't know. Lots of conflicting info out there.

I just don't see them lying and saying they don't know if they know. I can see them saying they can't talk about it.

Saying they couldn't sleep could jsut be because they didn't know who it was, or just about the gruesomeness of it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just have to say, I started watching this show sometime in April and am now up to the middle of season 5 (RIP, Beth). I'm hoping to get through the rest of season 5 and 6 this summer, so I can discuss with the rest of you when the show starts airing in the fall. I've been reading the archives of this thread as I finish each half season. It's kind of frustrating, cause I wish I could contribute to the conversation, but of course, the rest of you have already moved on from where I am.

But I'm catching up!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax....come in here and comment on the ep you are watching...thats what i did when I binged watched the whole series a couple years ago. As long as we know you are only up to ep XX we will just comment on that with you. Many of us have seen each ep multiple times so if you come in and say, Im soooo sad about Beth, we will remember and can discuss.

the worst part about watching these after the fact was i didnt get to see talkin dead after ea ep....TD adds another layer to the show and is a must see when you start watching live :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
yes definitely, I will happily talk about any stage of TWD!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I''m actually looking forward to reliving it again with her :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Always happy to talk TWD. Kitt can be Chris and we can be the guests. Our own TD.

I plan on rewatching 6 prior to the start of season 7.

I just bought myself a present. I decided to read the coand bought the first compendium. It's huge.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Jasper! oh wow what a fun present! Now we just need Babyjax to come back in here!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here I am! I've been afraid to look in case people were talking about more recent stuff. I just have to say, "Tyreese!!!!!!"

When he got bit, I gasped really loudly (usually I yell out, "Noooooo!!!"), and our little dog came running into the room barking at me like, "What's wrong??? What did I miss?" She is a sweet little dog (Yorkie Poo), but she barks at everything!

I'm up to the part where they've all arrived at the little community in Alexandria. Everything is hunky dory, but I'm thinking it's too good to be true. That Congresswoman's son is a douche.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If I were Chris the first thing I'd do would be get rid of that creepy baby hands statue in the middle of the table!

Tyreese was a sad one. And that town was really messed up, did you notice those cut up people at the end? Nasty.

When they first entered Alexandria and Carol pretended to be all delicate and not know what she was doing when she gave up the guns was funny. Smart one, Carol.

There seem to be more than a couple of douches there. It's like they have a small world and nobody was there to put them in their places.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Agree, Tyreese was hard to lose. :-( I loved the way he was with the kids, esp the baby. What great scenes when Tyrese was in the room dying and seeing all the ones we had lost. What about the time Tyreese and Carol and the kids spent at the cabin? I think Look at the flowers is one of the most famous lines from the show! Those were some greatly acted scenes!

It was also sad to see Noah's hometown so destroyed and those little kids in the house. I literally yelled and jumped when they popped out!

When we all watched the first time, we noticed something on those cut up bodies, like Kitt mentions above

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Are you talking about the W's on their foreheads? I think perhaps a banished person did that to get revenge?

But can I just say, "Noooooooaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

Those are some messed up people in that town. "So what if the doctor is beating his wife? He's a gifted surgeon and we need him."

I just finished the last episode before the season finale. There's a new sherrif in town. Or should I say, a new Governor? I hope our friends (I want to call them Losties for some reason) take over that town and rule for the good of everyone. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Darryl needs to get his ass back to Alexandria ASAP. I'm hoping he arrives just in the nick, like he always does.

I'll be back after I finish the season 5 finale. Please hold.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I've finished season 5. I was hoping to watch season 6 and be all caught up by the fall, but now I've found that season 6 is available neither on Hulu or Netflix. Amazon has it, but it's $42 for the entire season. Now I'm debating if I should wait or shell out the cash. I could call it an early birthday present (my birthday's in August). What do you think?

PS. One alternative is to watch Fear the Walking Dead, but I've been told it's not nearly as good as this show. To quote my teenage friend, "It sucks." Opinions?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I usually buy the season soon after it's out on dvd, and it's around $30 usually. I see it's listed as $43 now, but I think that's what the others have been like until nearer the release date. If you can wait you might save a little bit of money.

I really like FearTWD, but it's a very different animal, bit of a family drama set in the burgeoning zombie apocalypse, rather than diving right in like we did with Rick. Lots of good ideas but a few misses in execution. But if you go into it not expecting too much I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

So Daryl is back with Morgan! I was so happy to see Morgan, I love that actor. Rick does crazy very well, but it's hard to not think that he's actually making sense, despite his wild eyes.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I love Fear the Walking Dead!

It is a different show than TWD....none of the characters have a law enforcement background like Rick and Shane did. Also none of the characters are rednecks who know how to hunt with bows and arrows and kill things without batting an eye. The main characters on FTWD are public school teachers in Los Angeles who face a huge learning curve because of their lack of experience in survival training. FTWD starts out during the month or so that Rick was in the hospital on TWD. We never saw the start of the apocalypse on The Walking Dead but Fear the Walking Dead starts out before society crumbled.

It doesn't "suck" at all, IMHO. It's just a different setting with very different characters...but they are facing the exact same apocalypse as Rick and his group are. It's different like any show with a similar theme would be different if one was set in rural South Carolina and the other was set in L.A.

"To quote my teenage friend, "It sucks." Opinions?"

Babyjaxmom, did your teenage friend stop watching Fear the Walking Dead after he or she decided it sucked? The people I know that say it sucks are actually still watching it! Hmmmm....:-)

I say give FTWD a shot...you got nothin' to lose and a really enjoyable and exciting show to gain. If you don't like it you can stop watching it. I liked it at first but I love it now that we've had one and a half seasons of watching these characters grow and change...none of them are the same people now that they were in the premiere.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, SFJF, you talked me into it. I'll give it a try. It'll give me something to do while I'm waiting for season 6 to come down in price.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax...Fear is slow to start but it gets good. I have really enjoyed the last 6 eps and cant wait for it to return in Aug.

The one thing I had to remind myself in the first half on Fear is that they dont know what we know about the walkers. You will find yourself thinking 'why didnt they do this or that' and you have to remember they dont know any better..yet. :-)

Back to WD...Noah's death was hard to watch, I was soooo bummed! I hate that wussy from Alexandra that was responsible for his death!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ditto for what the others said just keep in mind that on Fear its all new. I really enjoyed both seasons and I'm looking forward to August.

Both Noah and Tyrese were crushing to watch.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, also go to AMC.com and watch Fear of the Walking Dead Flight 462, a 16 part series that covers how passengers experience the outbreak while aboard an airliner. The 16 parts can be watched in about 15 minutes...I'm serious. You can watch Flight 462 and it won't spoil any episodes of FWD but it does have a tie-in to the FWD series.

And I agree, both Noah and Tyrese's deaths were devastating to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Egbok! I wondered how people in different situations would experience the outbreak. My escape plan is to get on a cruise ship and stay there, but my son says, "All it takes is one person to die, and the party's over." There are a lot of elderly people on cruise ships.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trailer out of Comic-Con. Apart from the first section (which is a repeat of clips from the last season finale) all the trailers show just the people we know were not in the line-up to be bashed (like Carol, Morgan, Tara) but definitely worth watching. Video in link:

http://tvline.com/2016/07/22/the-walking-dead-season-7-trailer-premiere-date-video/

Premier is Oct 23rd.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, not much to say about the trailer. Pfffft

Can't have a trailer that shows how the season will go when most of the cast is missing due to the lame ending of not showing is who died.

But I'm pretty sure it isn't Daryl. (JMO)

Great interview with Norman Reedus about the new season.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/01/walking-dead-norman-reedus-daryl-dixon-season-7

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hey, I've been waiting around since about the end of May to watch Season 6. Didn't want to have to pay $42 to buy it on Amazon, but I was almost ready to break down and do it (birthday present to myself). On a whim today, I went into my DirecTV OnDemand, and guess what! All of Season 6 is available to download. Yay!!!!! I should easily catch up with the rest of you by the time the new season starts. Woo hoo!!!