TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: Archive through August 11, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Our recording messed up and and we could only watch the first half hour. It was getting pretty nasty with that horrible sandman guy, but if I don't watch the rest will I miss anything important in the background storylines, like the Derek thing?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but if I don't watch the rest will I miss anything important in the background storylines, like the Derek thing?"

Yes.

If you want to know what happened without watching the rest, here's the gist:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
They save the girl and find the sandman who charges Rossi with a hammer so Rossie shoots him dead and he falls into his shelf, breaking all of his creepy hourglasses. At the very end of the ep, Derek and his wife are talking next to their car at night when we see them in the crosshairs of someone's gunsight. Fade to black...at which point we hear a shot ring out and the wife screams, "Derek!".

Then..."To be continued".

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's what I referring to about the writers being in on the joke at the end. I mean you know they are smart enough realize that most of us will be laughing at yet another dark parking lot incident related to Derek. lol

I say just laugh and enjoy the ridiculousness of the story. It's not like someone was really shot.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thank you, San Fran. I tried again tonight and never even got as far as a girl needing to be rescued. It just seemed so disjointed, with fantasy scenes intercutting with torture.

Last episode I saw was the one with Derek having received a "we need to talk" message from the girlfriend, NOT yet the wife, that was the intro to this episode. And at the end of that one, he got kidnapped by three guys.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran! Seeing as you thought it important enough to spoilerbox it I will try to find the second half of the show online. So double thank you for answering and for taking the time to type something I will not actually read for a few days!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I did watch the second half online. That sandman was one of the creepiest they've had for a while.

Yep, if I were Derek I would not be hanging around dark parking lots! I thought the torture episode tied up the loose ends on that, but I guess this is related??

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Yep, if I were Derek I would not be hanging around dark parking lots! I thought the torture episode tied up the loose ends on that, but I guess this is related??"

I think there was a time jump...maybe a month or so? One ep ended with him all messed up in a hospital bed...the next ep was after he healed and also after his wedding. They had killed the leader of that team who nabbed Derek so I reluctantly gave him a pass for hanging out in dark parking lot again. :-)

The leader of that team was killed, but they never learned why the team was after Derek or who sent them. I took it that this was the "in the field" team but there was someone higher up calling the shots.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Okay - I just don't get it. I pretty much stopped watching this season because I couldn't watch the episode where Derek is being tortured and there didn't even seem to be a reason why except to give the show an excuse to take his shirt off.

This past episode showed it was 6 months later and part of the team had stated in the same episode that they hadn't caught the person who did this to Derek.

For me, I don't get how this is a joke or is suppose to be taken funny. I just see poor writing that began a season or two ago and hasn't changed.

Yes, I'm upset because this used to be one of my favorite shows and now it's so easy to skip watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think any of it was meant to be a joke. Bad writing perhaps, but not that we would be laughing along in some way.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, possible spoiler...I will blather a bit so it doesn't show up in new messages.

Shemar Moore left the show, I am stunned, haven't seen the show yet, I taped it, but he was on the Talk to talk about his abrupt leaving the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
But he also said just because the elevator door closed behind him, doesn't mean it won't open back up. Then he called it taking a "leave". I bet he's back after a couple of non-CM projects.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Criminal Minds ‏@CrimMinds_CBS · 5h5 hours ago

9 Derek Morgan Moments We'll Never Forget: http://ow.ly/ZSDpN #CriminalMinds @shemarmoore

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh Naja, that would be great. I am just so surprised that they managed to keep it secret.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the way they handled it, that he was leaving because he was a dad now. Because JJ is a mom, and she's still doing the job. I thought it was inconsistent.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
From what I remember, JJ took 2 very long leaves when her character had her babies.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The actress who plays Garcia co-wrote the last episode for Shemar.

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, and Matthew Gray Gubler (Reid) directed it. That cast truly does have a lot of love & respect for each other!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EntertainmentTonight ‏@etnow · 40m40 minutes ago

.@shemarmoore on his surprising @CrimMinds_CBS exit: "Last night was not goodbye." http://et.tv/1WMFbUr

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read online about how all of them seem to take turns directing, Kristen (Garcia doing some writing).

I gather he actually was going to leave last season but they decided to do it right (in their opinion).

He said too busy but for me he could drop the soap that I gather he went back to and stay on this show, that I watch.

He figured they would kill him off but says he is open to returning now and then.

Me, I cried..

Still glad all three lived.

I don't think it matters that JJ came back after children.. Morgan was having problems being there for her already and now there was a family on the way and his father had regrets and Morgan knew he'd be sucked in by the job and miss a lot.

Now, whether he'd be able to give up the job.. don't know.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Okay, I finally managed to make it through the early March episode tonight where Derek gets kidnapped and tortured and sees his long-dead Dad. I watched it on CBS.com, full episodes (and this episode will soon disappear, as will the ones after it), so I better catch up real soon. I had to keep moving the time forward to get past the worst spots. Whew. So, the episode SanFran re-capped comes AFTER the one I watched tonight. Sheesh, I hope the rest of this series is not this gruesome. That was hard work.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know a lot of people didn't like Prentiss, but I always did like her. I was happy to see her tonight and the show was great!

The actress that plays Prentiss (Paget Brewster) is being so wasted on the mediocre sitcom "Grandfathered". I wish she could come back as a regular.

If you are a Paget Brewster fan, you should check out the episodes she she did of "Drunk History". She is so funny.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just binge watched the first 10 seasons. I have a wee crush on Spencer.
Do not care for Derek at all and kept hoping the character would just choke on a fish bone and be gone, no blaze of glory getting a bad guy, just plain old sad accident dead and gone. Derek is far too arrogant, judgemental and disrespectful for my taste. He thinks he is all that and several bags of chips.
Wish all of the current season was available On Demand.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I really like Grandfathered and I love Pagent Brewster on that show.. She probably wanted to get back into comedy,

I even remember her from,"Friends"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well crap, I hate the to be continued shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is a little bit shocking:

Criminal Minds star Thomas Gibson has reportedly been suspended from the long-running CBS procedural for one, possibly two episodes in the wake of a physical altercation with one of the show’s producers.

According to a report by TMZ, and confirmed by our sister site Deadline, Gibson got into argument with an unnamed producer and kicked the individual in the leg.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/11/thomas-gibson-criminal-minds-suspended-season-12-hotchner/

You just don't think of "normal" people kicking colleagues!