TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Gothic - CBS: Archive through July 25, 2016 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching too, but on DVR. Had a busy weekend, so haven't watched the latest episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yah glad Im not alone! any thoughts on who it is?

When the hubby left her and said he was tired of being her errand boy or something like that I thought maybe his father was a groundskeeper or something for them years ago and got screwed over by them

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, July 11, 2016 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I'm still in but then I like looking at the son who has the weird little boy.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm all caught up. During the second episode I started thinking it might be Gunther, but by the third episode that possibility was squashed.
I do think the Mom killed Gunther though and that's why she dragged Tess with her to find the body.
Allison's husband is a good choice as the killer, but would he really be considered a member of the core family?
Aside from the ages and number of years ago the killings were done at this point I think it's Tess. There is something "off" about her.
Don't think it's Garrett or Cam because that is just too obvious.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
some of the acting on this show is really bad, even Virgina Madison's acting isn't up to par in some scenes.

The Lady cop's brooklyn accent is horrible

The end of this ep with the son looking at his belt and then at the girl. Too obvious to be the killer but who knows.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I think it could be any of them that did it, except for the youngest daughter, Tessa. I'm so happy someone put up a family tree, I can't remember their names.
I'm only saying Tessa because I think she may have been too young at the time. However, they are making the others seem so obvious that it probably is Tessa and I am completely wrong.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering about Sophie, Cam's wife. She the mother of the weird kid (Jack) and we know very little about her other than she parties with Cam. Not a good influence.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I tell you I thought the "soap" families were dysfunctional but this one takes the cake, LOL.

I think the only normal one is the one who recently came back.

Muffin, where is the family tree?

Pamy, I can't believe that lady cop's accent, it just makes me laugh.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think the lady cop is supposed to have a Boston accent, not a Brooklyn accent. Either way, it's still bad.
Being from and still living in the Boston area many of the inaccurate portrayals of this area bother me when watching this show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
More I think about it, It would be good if the wife of the cop is the killer. She doesnt seem strong enough to kill but werent they all strangled? She could drug them and then do it. Yepp, Im changing my vote to her, Muffin convinced me!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Dipo, check back to June 24th, a family tree was posted. Scroll down to find it in the posts.
Pamy, I think she would have been too young at the time, but like I said, she is the least obvious of them all.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe the mother and the father were a serial killer team!

I also wonder about Cam, but not that he's the killer because he seems too obvious. However, he did raise a son with what appears to be serial killer tendencies, UNLESS that little monster's father isn't Cam at all! Maybe that crazy death-obsessed kid's dead grandfather was his real father. His behavior certainly suggests a sociopathic parent.

I also think that whoever the SBK is, Allison, the politician, is definitely involved in the cover-up....she was so quick to cover up the box-o-bells. :-)

It's funny that three of the main male characters played bad guys on popular shows....since I only know them as past villains, I instinctually tend to not trust any of them! Cam was "Steve/Jimmy" the lying car thief and Fiona's disappearing boyfriend on Shameless. Allison's husband, Tom Price, was Beth's lying, manipulating "monitor/husband" on Orphan Black who was working against her. And Garret was "Sheriff Hood", the lying jewel thief/imposter on Banshee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Muffin.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I like everything you said. I think you are right. I never thought about both parents being a team. Unless.........it's the grandmother.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Remind who the girl with Garrett is ? Is she his old girlfriend ?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
isnt she the daughter of a sbk victim ?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I think you are right Pamy, trying to remember how he met her.
That Garrett is one strange dude. The clothes worn by the actress playing Alison are quite stylish; simple yet elegant.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the hallucinations are little weird. Maybe the reason he does drugs is because he knows who the SBK is.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So the convention screwed up my taping and I got most of the show...but it cut off at about the 40 minute mark.

Can anyone tell me what happened at the end. I got a far as Garrett talking to Cam about things he said when hallucinating, and that they weren't real and then.....tape rewinds, LOL.

Did they get the DNA on the needle back yet? Did that happen?

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Yes, they did. It's not his but proved to be someone related to him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Puttergirl, so it could still be a woman.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
The DNA testing should have shown which sex chromosomes (XX, XY) were present. Of course, their lab probably isn't doing the same tests as every other lab in the world is doing!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes it could be a woman! The men in the family--right down to the youngest--look too likely and must be a red herring!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Garrett met the woman at the hospital. She was the doctor in the ER, and is the daughter of an SBK victim.
This week I think Alison is the killer.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Snoops.