TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Gothic - CBS: Archive through July 10, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it's a short series with a conclusion.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, Sanfranjoshfan, that is the best part about it, it will conclude in 13 weeks and we can see what good guessers wer are.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
What I think we know so far...

Mom knows someone is the killer and killed her hubby cuz he wanted to tell the truth. Mom is probably an accomplice

Its not the hubby or they wouldnt have killed him off

The son that whispered Im going to say you did it to the dad is too obvious to be the killer...or is he??

The xdrug addict son has a son that has serial killer tendancies, showing that serial killer is in this family's bloodline

Is it the xdrug addict? or does he know who did it and wanted his sister to find that stuff?

the son that went away for 14 yrs too coincidental to be the killer since they said killings stopped for 14 yrs

my guess is there will be a new silver bells murder soon

Harpers island was fun to dissect because it was more campy and we had a murder weekly, just when you thought it was someone they would get killed off

Any other clues?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Good recap, I watched it again as my phone distracted me first go round. I can't pick who the killer is at this point. Gotta watch the Mom, that's one cold person.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was a good recap. Thanks Pamy!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
anyone else have any suspensions? or possible clues?

I suppose it's possible we havent met the killer yet but tv show crime 101 usually shows the killer at least once in the first 15 min of a show

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
maybe it's the neighbour who lost her cat LOL

I'm leaning towards the nice daughter for now...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think that neighbor may be the next kill. Poor Carmel :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really hope the writers are doing the honorable thing by having the murderer be in the pilot ep. What was that one show awhile back where a lot of us got ticked because they introduced the character that was murderer in one of the later eps? It felt like we had all wasted our time all season.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering about Allison's husband. Seems we didn't really see much of him past the first little bit.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Excellent point BBpeach. We saw him enter the parents home, sit in on a family meeting regarding the campaign and then he vanished.I totally forgot about him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhhhh excellent choice!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Virginia Madsen was on a talk show today and she said even the cast doesn't know who the killer is. They have only filmed up to episode 11 and don't get the scripts ahead of time. And she said every week even their own guesses get squashed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How creepy was it when the kid said "Can we still hug the corpse?"

And then his little impromptu eulogy "But I'm mostly sad because Grampa was cremated, and I never got to see his decomposing body."

yikes! hahaha

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I think the mother is either the killer or knows who the killer is. What would have been the reason for killing her husband?
I finally found a new show that I like.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am suspicious about the older daughter, the one who's running for mayor.

I think the younger sister doesn't know anything (maybe witnessed something she's repressed and that's the cause of her anxiety).

I think the mother thinks it was the father, so that's why she killed him, to stop the scandal.

I think it can't be the father, that's too easy.

I think it can't be the older brother, that's also too easy.

How old it the youngest son, the drug addict? I'd put him at no more than 30, and this was meant to happen over several years, ending 14 years ago. Surely he's too young? Even if he's 35, that seems to make him too young for a series of murders.

So I think it's the older daughter.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Muffin, I was thinking the mother is protecting her son. The dad thought the oldest son did it and could have had circumstantial evidence. They probably had a argument and accused him. That is why the son left. When the dad woke up and said they need to tell the truth, she was worried for her son and killed the dad. To me it fits with the son wanting revenge saying he was going to say the dad did it. Of course, neither (or mom) is the SBK and these are just red herrings.

This is my theory at this point and I've no guess on the killer yet... I like the guess of the oldest daughter's husband tho. I haven't finished this week's episode, so I may have new theories. Haha

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I still agree with BBpeach that its Alison's hubby.

As I have said before most of the others are just too obvious.

I thought this last ep was a snooze fest. A few good moments but took too long to get to them

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Was Allison's hubby part of the family 14 years ago though? Surely not. It's the age thing that's getting me, to me it discounts the two youngest kids (really all the kids, but I'll let the oldest two slide) and anyone new to the family (i.e. spouses).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 01, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that's why he is a great suspect. He could have been wronged by this family years ago and started killing and sent stuff to dad making him think one of his sons was the killer.

Dad is connected/knows something because belt found at his construction site. If we find out her hubby worked for dad years ago that would be a big clue. I also want to know how long they have been married.

Mom acting shady could be because she also thinks its her son or....she could know its the hubby and doesnt want to hurt her daughter's career

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man, Mom moves fast to cover up her crimes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, the mayor candidate has a girlfriend, and man what is wrong with that little kid, LOL.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
every week its more likely the killer is the mayor candidate's hubby.

I figured her and her assistant were lovers from the first ep

this show isnt getting better every ep, its actually moving way to slow. Judging from no comments here but a couple of us Im guess many here jumped ship

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm still watching. It just doesn't have a murder or two a week like our old favorite.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying it. These people are nuts :-)