TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 16, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: UNReal starts June1 on Lifetime: Archive through June 16, 2016 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yes. He's a man scorned and out for revenge.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I ended up not liking any of the characters, so I'm not sure I'd watch a second season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved this show because this is exactly how it is behind the scenes of the Bachelor/ette.

Kar... the people behind the Bachelor/ette are not very nice people.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

But I don't watch tv just to watch ugly people behaving badly. It's just not entertaining to me, it's depressing. I need at least ONE person, that I like and can root for. :-)

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
It does appear that Jeremy is trying to cause Rachel trouble. Rachel's mother is scary to me. Jeremy seemed to be such a normal guy but maybe they will turn him into a villain next season. A "normal" mother would say something to him in a wry voice like "Oh, sooooo you think she is crazy because she broke up with you?" but this mother seems to be all about control and likes having her daughter have mental problems so she can fix her. Actually Rachael did not break up with Jeremy he did with her, in a really ugly way....that should have been enough revenge for him. To public humiliate her is not something you do to someone you think is unbalanced to begin with.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, I kinda think that was the point. To show how horrible people can be. I do think Quinn has a soft heart deep down. If she was a man she would be respected as powerful. I love that she owns being a beyatch

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, respectfully, I disagree about Quinn. I would not respect that behavior male or female. I don't see a soft heart, except when it serves her purposes. That's not real caring.
At least, that's how I saw all of them. Glimpses of real emotion which always took a back seat to personal gain, and not one bit of remorse about using people when it suited them. Then getting mad when someone used them.

As I noted, it just all felt depressing. To me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, I could see the hurt in her eyes when she realized Chet betrayed her. She truly loved him, believed in the fairy tale and then reality hit her.

I watched this as a parody, when you watch it in that frame of mind it's kinda funny, in a Joe Schmoe kind of way. But that's just how I experienced it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ha, yes this is a joke about the woman who still have the fantasy even thought they know it is just a show. How many there are out there. Well, enough to keep the bachelor on the air after lo these many years of not happily ever after.
I can get behind a show with horrible people. although I don't think they were quite as evil as they acted,. in truth I think there were levels and levels again of fantasies playing out and why good people do bad things or bad people do good things. I liked the ending, cracked me up and gave a lot of payback.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
lexi, how do you know so much inside stuff about the bachelorette/bachelor?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve . You miss all the good stuff when you don't read the spoilers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Actually, I hate to call them spoilers because production now tweets when they need the public to show up at the "dates." Nothing is secret anymore concerning the public dates, but he sure does get some juicy tidbits for stuff that goes on behind the scenes or at the mansion or the private dates.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL

Kc103

07-13-2004

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
I really liked this show. With that being said, I found every character on the show despicable in some way. As much as the characters were awful, their acting was great. I will definitely watch again because of the writing and acting. Although it's supposed to be more of a satirical look at the "real" relationship shows, I do wonder how much of that really does go on behind the scenes in the "real" shows.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
trailer for season 2 ha ha
UnREAL: The First Trailer for Season 2 Is Here

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay! I've been watching Faith's Diary (my DVR picks it up as UnREAL). Can't wait for this show to come back again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well they have some interview tapes on demand now - hysterical.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this show returned full of piss and fire. Boom and chaos returns.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I found it meaner than last year and a couple of the lines really crossed the racial line

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, that makes sense. Rachel has accepted her dark side. Look, the thing that is interesting here is how this would be typical if it was about guys running a show, but with women, you expect more conscience. I have been in business and they do try to put you in gender roles and you have to show them you can do the job 10 times better than any guy, you have to be tougher and get stuff done that requires you to push people. I found it easier to cut the crap of people fast to get the job done without expecting super human behavior from anyone but myself. I did it by being blunt and telling people they had no future if they worked for me and that I would help them find another job and move on. A good team works better and more efficiently because they know they can trust the other people around them. Not everyone needs to be fired, I had one person who was doing a bad job, taking her to lunch I found she was ill but did not want to take sick time. it was a complicated illness that she had for a long time, so getting her to take sick time, getting the time approved and working with her to find a doctor who suited her needs better ended up with a great and loyal worker when she came back. So you don't always have to be mean,but when you tell someone to go and they hang around, you have to fire them even if they are not ready to move on. It is tough when you became friends with someone who is fired, and then you lose a friend.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a really interesting article on how the writers and producers are approaching this season, with the first black suitor and trying to realistic represent both black men and black women's dating experience. Something white people can't really know, but at least we're trying. Very interesting read:

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Why-UnReal-Cast-a-Black-Bachelor-Before-7966807.php

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Last season many of us would laugh and talk about this show. this year, no talk.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
also, the suitor has zero charisma!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I've only seen the first episode. I have so much going on my DVR that I can't watch this until the weekend.