TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 07, 2016 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Last night, I watched the American Billboard Music awards. I just wanted to listen to some music, the actual awards did not mean anything to me. One thing I noticed was how some of the major pop stars (Bieber, Britney) lip synced and basically just walked through their performance. Britney has been doing that for years, but, for some reason, I was surprised about Bieber. He had no energy to perform... walked through the dance steps and, clearly, was only singing when he felt like it. Then, the next performer is Pink, who is hanging from a wire over the stage belting out her new song, no lip syncing there, giving an outstanding performance... cut to Bieber who looks bored and yawns!

There were some good performances... and some really bad ones. Did not watch Madonna's tribute to Prince because, I thought it would be bad.

Anyone else watch?

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
If I watch this type of show, I always record it so I can fast forward through all the "scrap". I know there will be plenty of it that I don't want to waste my time on.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Is TV getting too hard for anyone else? I know about having to see each show to follow the story, that I have, but now there are webisodes and comic books on demand specials and the talk after shows and fan areas. I just find things way more involved than ever before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good point, Sadiesmom. I find half the time I don't know the shows people are watching because I just can't be bothered with all the alternate sources for viewing. If it ain't on my TV, I won't see it, well except for a few movies I will go to the theater to see.

I don't have a big screen TV so that I can watch a TV show on my little laptop screen, LOL! Only if I am desperate.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well I love the show Orphan black have been watching sine show one, and I was looking for a lottle more discussion then here, and I wanted onto Media TV board - there they were discussing the comic books - so besides the 10 episodes a year - way too few, there are series of 6 or more comic streams for each clone and for many of the villains. at 9.99 a shot, it is just too expensive to get involved in that detail. It kind of makes me feel cheated.
Now I do watch some not shown on TV periodically, I used to do it for Project runway, and I do for a few other shows. Cutthroat kitchen has a funny series where the judges do the tasks that the cooks had to complete and I can do it anytime when I am bored and want something to watch, like waiting for a doctor appointment or a car repair. But that was always for reality shows and not really anything important enough to be needed to watch. But now Top Chef has it's kitchen save to watch to see who is still in and since it is discussed on the boards, you have to see it in a timely fashion or it will be spoiled for you, no saving up. People are talking about it before it gets posted on demand.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Am I the only person that cried like a baby last night at the last 10 minutes of L&O: SVU?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Does anyone recall these 2 TV shows? One had people in pods with a computer named Val giving them various painful or disgusting tasks. Was it Solitare or Solitary? The other show had several people in a manor house with a butler. The people are being murdered one by one and the remaining guests had to figure out who did it prior to being murdered themselves. The last three people had to solve clues and race to save the butler.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You are right about the first one, it was Solitary.

The second one was called "Whodunnit?"

The question mark is part of the title. I wasn't asking if that's it. LOL

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you Naja. We talking about those old shows at dinner and simply could not recall the titles.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I really miss Solitary.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Just starting to watch one of my fav movies....."serial mom".

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Oops not tv show....sorry.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have been binge watching The Americans on Amazon for the last couple of days and really enjoying it. IMO much better than Homeland. Hubby has been watching this show from the start and says the current season is quite good. It is all I can do to stay out of that thread right now. We try to talk about it be he has to be cautious not to get ahead of where I am in the series which is towards the end of season 3.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just finished season 3 of The Americans. I was all set to start season 4 only to discover it is not on Prime. Think I may have to pony up the $ and then go into withdrawal before the next 2 seasons.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you have on-demand with your tv provider? It's in there. I have comcast/xfinity and the whole season 4 from the beginning is in there for free.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Great idea Naja, thank you I will check and hope for the best.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this show is on anything else but the CBC. Baroness Von Sketch show just tickles my funnybone. It is so on point with the observations.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I made a thread for American Gothic. I have been wondering about it and hadn't seen this discussion, it really interests me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo. I moved the posts over there. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch "20/20: In and Instant" tonight?

I am still sobbing a little. It was about a woman adventure racer that went running in the desert with her dog and fell down a cliff and broke her pelvis. The dog is the one that went to get help and led the search team to her. It was amazing. I was so happy at the end when we find out the dog is old now but still happy and healthy. I was afraid they were going to say the dog had already passed.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I love watching 20/20 but I missed it. Sounds like my kind of story, with a happy ending. Hope to catch a rebroadcast of it some time.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, I saw it. At the end I didn't think they were giving the dog Taz enough credit. I doubt very much rescuers would have found Danelle Ballengee in time without the dog finding them first. The . dog . saved . Danelle.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
anyone else watching Cleverman? it is about a new kind of aborigine in Australia who is covered in body hair - so nicknamed the "hairies". They are discovered deep in the outback and treated pretty much as the initial native people were when discovered. they are ghettoized in the city, often imprisoned and abused, sometimes sold with no rights. forget that they can shave themselves to pass but their little finger gives them away by being longer. It is scify in the not too distant future, the abuse is driven by those in charge to raise their polling when people are whipped into hatred of the hairies

a story for our time.

it is on the sundance channel - who knew they had new programming, I was just looking fora movie.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I would go back and edit, but I can't I have since learned that use of the word Aborigine is offensive, Not living in Australia, I was not aware that the word I was taught as a child is not considered offensive,I have learned and will not do it again, indigenous people or the name of the particular group is the correct term. it also has been pointed out to me there are dozens of different indigenous people in Australia and that the majority of offensives were against one particular group.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The positive thing is that your posts are very informative, Sadiesmom. Now that you've mentioned that I remember it as well but a reminder never hurts.