TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through June 27, 2016 users admin

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, with Ramsey dead and Sansa at Winterfell, I wonder if Dany will seek out House Stark since Theon and Sansa have aligned?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's entirely possible, Terolyn, especially since Dany is working with Sansa's legal husband (Tyrion).

Man, that battle scene must have been brutal to film. I know a lot of it had to be CGI (the mountains of dead bodies), but wow. I thought Jon was a goner a couple of times for sure.

Gruesome indeed!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Since I don't think that Sansa or Jon Snow have immediate or any designs on the Iron Throne then at least an initial alliance with Daenerys makes sense. Everybody seems to hate the Lannisters.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Both Sansa and Jon hate the Lannisters (for good reason) so it's easy to see them in an alliance with Daenerys. Plus King Robert has no legitimate descendants/family left.

(Mack you get an award for spelling her name. )

Plus there is the infamous R+L=J theory.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Plus there is the infamous R+L=J theory.

Huh? What's that?

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
R+L=J has to do with exactly who is Jon Snow's father. Somewhat complicated and comes more from reading the books than from the TV series. You can Google "R+L=J" and read the speculation.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It is all speculation but some people may not want to know or want to figure it out on their own. Hence the somewhat subtle acronym.

Back when we first saw the reference neither my DD's or I wanted to google it because we wanted to figure it out for ourselves. The first time we saw it was in that funny "Honest Trailer" YouTube. It took us a little while to figure out what it meant.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Jimmer - The only complicator is whether or not Daenerys somehow sees Ned Stark as even in the slightest way supporting the coup that overthrew and killed her father and actually pretty much her whole family. Even though she admits her father was the "Mad King" he still was her father which in turn speaks to her claim to the Iron Throne. It is deliciously complicated and there's lots and lots of material that hasn't come out in the TV show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
True enough but if she can get along with Tyrion and even take him on as a key advisor, she is pretty flexible in that regard.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This is a fascinating piece about the filming of the Battle of the , as they're calling the battle between Jon and Ramsey. The video is an HBO production, and they talk about all the extras they used and how realistic they tried to make it. Really, really interesting, if you (like me) like to know how they did that.

https://youtu.be/B93k4uhpf7g

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was going to bring that over but I hadn't got around to it yet. That is an interesting video!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was a great season finale and a great season overall. They moved the story forward so much!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The only thing that disappointed me was that I wanted the high sparrow to suffer a horrible death. This was too good for him.

I spent the whole show with my head spinning trying to figure out who was next in line for the throne. I was really thinking (and hoping) it was Jaime, and then they crushed my hopes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody lost track of who all died tonight like I did, here's a recap listing the dead with photos.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/26/12027556/game-of-thrones-finale-recap-winds-of-winter-deaths-wildfire-frey-pies

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh! One part I loved was when Sam got to see his new library. He looked like a kid walking into Disney World for the first time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sorry, one more thing before I go to bed :-)

When Daenerys was naming Tyrion her right hand, did it seem like there was a little "spark" between them?

eta: and I have felt for quite awhile now that Daario is more of an annoyance despite how he has helped.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately for them, Tommen and Margaery were just too nice so they had to go. Watching Daenerys beat up on Tommen wouldn't be as enjoyable as her going after Cersei. Jaime has kind of redeemed himself. They had to get someone unlikeable on the Iron Throne for Daenerys to go after. :-)

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
My "Speculation"

Next season will have Daenerys and John wed and thus combining to make one huge powerful alliance.

Not sure what will happen with the white walkers.

Cersei and Jamie will perish together.

Peace will reign in middle earth and Bilbo will go back to lead a long and happy life in the shire.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's funny Terolyn!

They seem an obvious match but I'm not sure that Daenerys and Jon are eligible. She may be his Aunt (not that relations seem to be an issue on Game of Thrones).

If there's two more seasons, I suspect next season may largely involve Daenerys taking power followed by some skirmishes with the white walkers and the final season will be the battle between fire and ice.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I thought next season was the last. There will be 2 more?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's my understanding. However, they may be shortened seasons.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Just saw it, 7 for season 7 and 6 for season 8.

Seems like they are just stretching out the final season to two seasons. :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Seems a bit like it. However, with the increased visuals of the dragons and the white walkers they probably need more and better CGI and that is expensive.

LOL - Maybe they're trying to let George R.R. Martin catch up. Good luck with that one!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So no one else saw a spark between Tyrion and Daenerys?

eta: either way, he sure is getting the respect now that was long denied him by his father.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It seemed more like friendship and respect to me. He's so intelligent and good at running things it's nice to see someone who recognizes that and listens to him.

Though they are obviously clearing the way for a relationship with someone.