TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Murder in the First on TNT: Archive through June 20, 2016 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm disappointed it wasn't a higher profile character in the story. I'm pretty let down.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought the 'hypothetticaally' stuf to basically just explain the story was a cop out

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
To me the end just seemed flat. All that time spent and no "Oh boy they got him!" It just seemed rushed after all those shows. They could/should have caught the head man three shows ago and let us see them unravel it, showed us why Sugar gave up and moved on, the fall out from the kid's sentence.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
All of y'all nailed it! When they arrested him, my first thought was he looks familiar, but I couldn't remember who was he and what did he do in the police department.

I also would have liked to have seen what happened with Sugar and Fatty B.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Was that Sugar and the cute little cop on the Tahiti beach? I though Sugar got murdered. Color me so confused!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I couldn't tell if the girl on the beach was the cute cop or Jiminy Cricket's girl friend. I have a habit of only half watching so I don't always know who is who.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she was the cop. I think Sugar storyline will be part of season 3...this season sucked compared to 1st season

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OG... we were led to believe that Sugar had been murdered after Fatty B told Chang that Sugar was gone and wouldn't be coming back. Then when it was reported there was a body in the alley, I assumed it would be Sugar (especially since he wore a long-sleeved white shirt like Sugar would wear) - only to find out it was someone else who had been murdered and it was completely unrelated to the story line.

I guess I wasn't that shocked that the cop went to meet Sugar in Tahiti since she really had no reason to stick around.

This season totally sucked compared to the first season. I enjoyed watching it (and it took me forever to figure out what was going on) - but it wasn't "off-the-hook" fantastic like season one.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't think the season sucked... I enjoyed it, but I had a hard time trying to figure out WHAT the season was all about... it really wasn't until the last 3-4 episodes that I realized it was about the Union. I am going to go back and rewatch the first few episodes and keep an carefully watch the key characters.

This season was completely different from last season... and I like that they changed it up. I really hope that it will come back for a Season 3, but from what I've read if it does it will most likely have a lot of cast changes.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This show is getting hammered on it's FB page. It sounds like there will be a third season, but if TPTB read the FB page, there will be lots of changes. The fans aren't happy. Last night was a total cop-out (no pun intended).

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
what the gripes???

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
ok... read some of the comments on FB.

One comment was next season should have each episode stand alone. My comment: PLEASE NO!! I like letting the storylines develop over the season. I think you get better stories, better characters that way.

At first you're thinking that the season is going to be about the school bus shooting or the missing undercover cop... A cop is killed, another supposedly commits suicide, a "war" between Sugar and Chang... dirty cops... then a murder at the end, which I thought was going to be Sugar... and it turns out EVERYTHING was connected with the exception of the school bus shooting and the murder at the end. The story was told very well. I think I need to re-watch the season, I binge watched it over the weekend and watched the finale this morning while getting ready for work.

If there is a season 3 I hope they keep Hildy, Terry, Molk, Navarro, and Koto in place... I really like them.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I would prefer fewer characters. I just can't keep track of so many different actors like this season had.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree, that is where it lost me a little.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I completely agree... hopefully if there is a next season it won't focus on The Union and instead be centered around a big case with smaller cases sprinkled throughout the season, much like Season 1.

This year's plot dealt with too many characters... underdeveloped and unknown characters. When the leader of the Union was uncovered it was a "so what" moment for me... I saw the character a couple of times but really didn't care about him one way or the other... I think they should have built the season around another story and have the Union storyline continue onto the next... But I have to say that Hildy's brother turned out to be a real crapper of a person... Hard to believe he was sweet, affable Adam from CSI: NY.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Season 1 was good because everyone knew who the killer was, but they had to "pin" it on him. Season 2 would have been better if we/they knew who the head of the union was but couldn't get anyone to talk and couldn't find evidence.

A few side stories are good, but I liked the first year with one main story.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We get another show! I hope it is better than last year. I think the ad said June 19, but I could be off on that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 2:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last season was terrible, which was such a disappointment after a great first season.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It hasn't showed up yet in my Directv queue.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have conflicting info on whether this is on tonight. My newspaper announced it as one of the shows to watch for this week.

But I know that The Last Ship delayed their season ender because of Orlando, so it might not be on tonight at 10pm.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
it returns June 27th on Bravo (Canada).

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Directv shows the premiere on tnt 6/26 here in the US.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I thought I was going crazy. For a week, this show showed up on my DVR recording list for last night, then yesterday it disappeared.

I honestly thought I was going bonkers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Lexiegirl, I did check last night at 10 and it was The Last Ship.

It was weird though to have it in the TV reviewers column and not on the schedule. So they must have moved it a week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... but at least I'm not going crazy. I couldn't figure out why Murder in the First disappeared off my DVR schedule when I was so positive I saw it on there for a week.