TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through April 26, 2016 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Thank you Weinermr!

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I have to laugh at myself, I knew I posted something about the show Vicious, but couldn't remember where, well found it. I seem to do this alot.
Roteach and Jasper, I too can't believe Ash is the same person as his character on GOT, but I saw a bit of his anger and face when I was watching the episode called Gym when he went off on the gay male trainer at gym. Lol, he is really a great actor.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Weinermr -
I so agree about Home Fires. i just caught up to the current episodes and I absolutely love this series.
The characters are amazing and i love the different story lines.
The music is perfect - especially the theme song. It's just hauntingly beautiful.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I had no idea that The Widower was a true story. I thought he was going to get away with it for a bit there.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I really love Home Fires. I'm going to have to locate the book "Jambusters" that the series was based on.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Weinermr, I will now find Dr. Martin on Netflix and watch Season 6 and then 7. The baby was just a little baby when I last watched.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else love The Carpenters?

Tonight on PBS there is a special called
"The Carpenters: Close to You (2015)"

It aired once before last month, but I missed it. It's airing again Saturday night, Dec 5.

The synopsis says:
A chronicle of the Carpenters' career, featuring insights from Richard Carpenter, Herb Alpert, Paul Williams, Burt Bacharach, and Petula Clark; home movies; concert performances; studio recording sessions; and archival TV appearances.

(it's a different special than one other with a very similar title years back)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes. They were my moms favorite. I remember her playing them on that new contraption called the 8 Track Tape. We'd drive around in the car just to listen. When I hear them now, it's bitter sweet. Hopefully they will re play since I missed it.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Naja, I did..Loved the Carpenters.. I had their albums, knew all the words and cried when she left us... a great talent she was... I missed it but I watch PBS all the time and hope to catch a replay.. Funny when you mention the Carpenters and I started thinking about music from long ago.. about a week ago I was doing a 'Peter Paul and Mary' flash to the past... Maybe something to do with the state of the world and that I am trying slap all the current events from my mind... Music was special back then...it meant something, I miss it... just Blowing in the wind...

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You guys didn't miss it! It's on tonight. Saturday December 5th, like I said in my post. I must have phrased it funny.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Love the Carpenters, thanks Naja!! While putting the timer in, I noticed that it's also playing on Wed but only on PBS west.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Carpenters special was awesome. Did you guys like it?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
there will be a Christmas Call the Midwife special.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved the Carpenters special. :-) But it made me sad cuz she died way too young.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Got call the midwife set to record. Still haven't watched The Carpenters yet but did catch The John Denver one. Loved him too. One time he bought me and a friend a drink at a local bar. My mom went to high school with him.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
John Denver was in a class all by himself. I still miss him. I love it when the grocery store ambient music come up with 'Calypso'.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch Mercy Street? I loved it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, GOOD ONE! Actually I've seen only first half of the episode.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed Mercy St., gory as it was at least it seemed real. I love finding all the character from other shows. Mostly Ted from How I met your mother, I think the mother of those 2 rich girls as well as a few of the other doctors.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Actor Norbert Leo Butz is Dr. Hale in Mercy Street and Kevin Rayburn in Bloodline.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wide range of acting skills. I've got it set to record. They are replaying the first episode.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And Gary Cole is always good .

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Anyoine catching the great fire - it is on now. very gritty.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Finding Your Roots -- traced Bill Hader's ancestors back to 742 (and further). His 40th great grandfather is Charlemagne!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Now that I've given up satellite tv, I'm watching more PBS. I just discovered Doc Martin a few weeks ago so I'm catching up on Netflix ~ Love this show!