TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Live with Kelly: Archive through April 30, 2016 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I think it went well. She said a whole lot of nothing but did so contritely. Lol. If you read btn the lines of what she did ramble about, it did seem to me that her concern was her show being cancelled which makes more sense than her thinking she has a right to know about a coworkers business.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Rvon, I switched to CBS this morning, I love their "take in 60 seconds". I love Charlie Rose, Gayle King, and Norah ODonnel, they spend more time on news, authors, politics, they show upcoming 60 minute stories, do some things with the arts, however... Charlie and Norah have been doing more hard hitting stories for 60 min, and I w as appalled to see Josh Elliot at the table today ,

Reader, I also saw Josh Elliot and kept saying "no, not here". I haven't watched GMA or Today in ages. I can't believe they still call themselves news shows. I do like CBS very much and think Charlie, Gayle and Nora have a rest chemistry . And then, you hear stories that Gayle and Nora do not et along. Whatever the truth is, they deliver a good program.

I loved the chemistry between Kelly and Michael when she was auditioning hosts. I knew it would be him. I don't watch the show a lot but I think their teamwork will be missed.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
My take - Michael and Kelly strolled in, as usual.. Instead of sitting down, she went to the side and talked to her audience... She got a nice standing ovation, and long clapping. She mentioned the staff and they've been there 30 years (some of the staff) and she wanted to know the future of Live. She also said that she did take a day to digest the information, and did call in sick - and referenced people in the audience may be able to relate to that! She turned to Michael and said she was happy for his opportunity and was proud of him

Now TMZ has a different take - she didn't answer Michaels text right away, she waited until Saturday to respond. So either someon on Live wants to stir up trouble, because it is a lot of information and gossip floating around... And innuendos. I mean she was carrying Anderson Coopers book - so does that mean he'll be the cohost... Um I don't think so, he likes his job on CNN he likes the stories and reports he does for 60 minutes, Live is a fluff interviewing show...

TMZ also said Michael gets along with all his GMA costar so, yes, let's see how long that lasts - but his reporting on GMA is different from Live. I still like George's reporting style, and how he is teased for not knowing a lot of pop culture...

So in the end, it is chemistry (TMZ says that Kelly and Michael were acting the whole time this morning). And what you want to see in the morning!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
How does TMZ know they were acting, did Kelly and Michael tell other people they were acting?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I watched this morning too and she didn't say anything I wasn't expecting. She was probably very smart to take time away and process everything.

It will be interesting to see just what ABC does with this show. We all know they want to expand to a three or four hour format, which means her show will most likely be put in the afternoon line up. Not sure how they would do that in my area (I live in the Pacific Northwest). General Hospital -- 1:00PM, The Doctors -- 2:00PM, Steve Harvey -- 3:00PM, and then we have the beginning of out local news at 4:00PM. Maybe they'll get rid of General Hospital or The Doctors. Steve Harvey's show is relatively new (well, maybe two years) in this time slot and seems to be doing very well.

Also interesting what TMZ is reporting how it is all an act. As I said before, if she and Michael really don't get along then they have really fooled me. Until I hear something from Michael Strahan, I'm not buying it.....yet.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I've seem maybe 5 shows total of Live with Kelly-in my lifetime. Once Regis left I had no interest. I liked Kelly's character on AMC but she rubbed me the wrong way on LIVE.

Unless Kelly owns the show she shouldn't be put out not being in the loop. No one is going to tell anyone until an announcement is ready to be made public.

I can't stand GMA...all except George remind me of a HS clique and not in a good way.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
GMA is getting on my news big time. As I said, they drive me nuts the way they continuously talk over each other. My
husband hates this show because he thinks they talk about things that people really don't care about. Reader and Missyb, I did check out CBS this morning and I have to say I enjoyed it. Especially the fact that there are only three people (not 5+) and everyone sits and patiently waits until the other person stops talking.

Sunnyday, I would like to know who is feeding TMZ all this supposedly top secret information too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I suspect some sniveling little syncophant who pretends to be a good friend or employee on set and is feeding the gossip rags tidbits for their 15 seconds of fame...or $50.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It's reported that Michael is leaving in May instead of September.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Mamie, this is interesting. Makes me wonder if there is more truth to TMZ's assertion that the chemestry between Kelly and Michael was all an act today. Hmmmm.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It really doesn't matter if he is committed to another show and has already checked out of his current one.

I don't watch the show but I thought they had a summer recess anyway.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He's leaving May 13...

http://www.eonline.com/news/759861/michael-strahan-leaving-live-with-kelly-and-michael-months-before-scheduled-departure

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Tmz reported they have a copy of the memo. Disney said his full time stint on GMA begins in September but he's getting or given a 2 week notice so he can have a proper send off... Sweeps week!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
That makes sense, gives a couple weeks to try out replacements before they break for summer. Wouldn't think that has anything to do with events of last week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked the episode guide and this show doesn't do summer breaks.
Instead, one or the other host will take a week off now and then.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
LIVE with Kelly and . . . .

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
At the very beginning of the show today I noticed a little bit of a strain between Kelly and Michael. Maybe it was just me looking for something, I don't think so though.

Yesterday I forgot to mention right after Kelly did her little spiel, the cameras panned the audience as she was walking back to her chair (and this is where which Michael always pulls her chair out for her), I could hear her saying, "I got it. I got it."

So, ya, I think there are big-time cracks in this relationship. I'm not surprised at all that Michael is leaving earlier than first announced.

I'll bet May 15th can't come soon enough for him.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
She also said 'sorry' as she was sitting but it was covered by the applause and I couldn't tell if it was towards Michael or the general audience.

I didn't realize they went all year, I thought that was just news programs. Good to know. Lol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have seen repeats on this show though. Maybe it was because of bad weather or holidays.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They do have some weeks where they show repeats of shows. The shows are usually bits and pieces of different shows put together.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think this is a problem almost every network does. The over use and over promote their latest star until you can't stand to see their face everywhere. I hear they also plan on having Michael host a reboot off 100,000 pyramid. I like Strahan, but seeing him everywhere doing everything removes all mystery. over exposure.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow, I was trying so hard to give Kelly the benefit of the doubt but her latest dig at Michael on air about divorced parents was purely about vengeance and her constant need to be a superior being.

While I have felt for awhile that Michael is overexposed, his handling of Kelly's childish glee about divorced parents showed me why he is getting so many job offers while she is getting none and it's not about her being an underdog or about sexism. It's simply because of the kind of person she is. I bet TPTB are saying "thank you for doing that on tape, Kelly".

Bye bye

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I saw it completely different. If she had said you have been through divorce before all of this, no one would have batted an eye.

I honestly think leaving is a big mistake for Michael. If Kelly hadn't championed him before, he would be another football announcer. He's got a cushy job now and they way those early morning daytime jobs go, he will be lucky if it lasts that long.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ever since Kelly's overreaction to guest co-host Clay Aiken, I've never seen her as a nice person. I didn't like her before that, but the Clay Aiken thing sealed the deal. She could have handled that without making him feel bad or look bad. It's not like he knew the "hosting rules". He thought they were close enough to be that silly with each other. Oh Boy, did he misjudge that.

eta: I have never been a Clay Aiken fan, so that has nothing to do with my opinion.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ah, Naja if you were a fan, you would know it went far deeper, she went on several shows and badmouthed him again (I just remember Stern), there was other stuff she did, but besides lying and saying he did not send her flowers, (he did) I dom't have the details.
When we looked through the pictures that she posted on line, there were pictures of all sorts of guests with hands over her mouth and more with her hands over other mouths. Someone made a video collage of it, but I can't find it now. MY favorite was Simon Cowell picking his nose in one picture and having that hand over her mouth in the next.

Strangely enough that did not make me dislike her because my neighbor friend was a big fan and she would tape shows and when we were talking she would put the show in in the background I just found Kelly's humor more mean girl and had disliked her for years before.