TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 03, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: Archive through June 03, 2016 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hubby's fave show (that isn't sports, LOL) so he'll be glad to know it's coming back in January... even for a short time.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I read an article last spring that the show creators actually had the first 5 seasons planned and pitched them to the network... so the Samaritan storyline was planned at the beginning. I really enjoyed the first couple seasons when it was ordinary people.

I hope we get a happy ending... meaning Samaritan is defeated and Finch, John, and company go back to saving ordinary people.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There have been so many shows now where some form of artificial intelligence tries to take over it's no longer a novel idea. I think people are getting burned out watching them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The beginning, season 1 / episode 1, was shown on local TV in Chicago yesterday. Maybe I didn't watch the first episode or two. I didn't remember it. Explains how it all became -- how Finch, Reese, Carter, and Fusco came to work together.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Wow! The show is coming back in about 2 weeks, May 3.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I hope Shaw is going to be back. Didn't care for Root -- or the actress.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Starts up again tonight!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder!

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Yes, the final season starts tonight. After that I think they're going to show 2 episodes a week (starting next week)' ending sometime in June. From what I've read Shaw is going to be back, not sure when.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Smart or a bit dumb?? if they are so easily recognized because the cameras are everywhere and they keep fighting off their killers just to get underground to their safe spot, why didn't they think of wearing special masks to confuse the cameras, it's not a new thing, how many times we've seen this trick that works so well for those who don't want to be identified.

Well, it was nice to see them all together and the machine finally come back to life... I'll stay tuned.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They are like super heroes in their power to get away from the bad guys. I still love them all and will be there until the bitter end. :-)
It's been so long when they were talking about Fusco's "partner" I had no idea who it was. Duh! I forgot. LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording last night. I forgot how confused this show left me.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Finally they did cover their faces... :-) I liked this second episode because they managed to make the machine look like a human, with all the confusion and errors of a human and then how slowly it remembered all the good that was done in spite of the countless killings.
There is a certain humour that was missing in previous seasons.
Have you noticed how many new episodes are coming up? Tonight, there is another one and two more coming next week. They seem in a hurry to close up before the summer.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
From what I read there's going to be 13 episodes in this final season. They showed 1 the first week, then 2 a week (Mon. & Tues.) for the next 6 weeks.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It seemed so nice to see Shaw again, although it was only a simulation they knew how to fool me because I did not expect it, sure, it seemed too easy the way she escaped and was found by Root but it was just too simple and it was much worse for poor Shaw. However, if they can see what Shaw does, feels and sees why couldn't they figure out where their hideout is, in the simulation Shaw manages to kill yet again as in other simulations the Samaritan boss who first was taken to the underground location where the machine is, so why can't they scout the whole underground to reach it?
If Root ever finds Shaw lying half dead or brain dead, it would be better to sacrifice Shaw with a mercy killing and save the machine and the team. I don't think it could be possible to save Shaw after what they did to her brain.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"However, if they can see what Shaw does, feels and sees why couldn't they figure out where their hideout is"

Does Shaw even know about the subway/hideout?

I thought Finch, Root, and Reese found that place and started occupying it after Shaw went missing? Am I wrong about this?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
SanFran, I think you are correct.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
yay for Elias!

I hope he helps to take down the machine!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
take down the machine?? you mean Samaritan's machine, not our good guys' machine.

Regardless of whether Shaw knows about the subway hideout, when the simulation can be seen by Samaritan they also see Shaw's partners and where they take her and where the evil boss is also taken, can't they figure that out?

I guess we will know soon enough, they're airing the remaining shows in a hurry...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was thinking they just filled in all those details for the audience so we wouldn't know it was a simulation until the end of the episode.

Such as....when Shaw says "Where am I?" and looked around the inside the subway hideout, her simulation was likely some kind of nondescript room or warehouse, but they showed the viewers the actual hideout.

That's my guess anyhow....it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

What I don't understand is why Samaritan can't find Finch, Reese, and Root. I realize they have different identities in Samaritan's database.....but the head of Samaritan and many of his people know what those three crusaders physically look like and they must have pictures of them. Why can't Samaritan just find them by using facial recognition only? If Samaritan looked only for their faces and disregarded identities, it would find Reese in a New York minute! He's always looking directly into the surveillance camera lens at the police station!

Stupid A.I.....

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But it was funny when Shaw told her jailor "well, what the heck, it's a simulation, might as well shoot you" and she does... and I really hope it's reality and not a simulation, it would be too maddening to see that after she escapes from hell she's back in bed all drugged up, it's time to put an end to that, but how is she going to travel from South Africa to the States without Samaritan getting her killed at any point of her trip back.
Fusco is quitting our team and maybe that's another character killed off. But if the series is not renewed, they'll have a bunch of characters killed off but not before destroying Samaritan.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dang it. This final season is really good and I have LOVED having two episodes per week....but apparently that's over.

My TIVO only shows one new episode scheduled for next week and IMDB.COM shows the final 3 episodes will air on June 7, June 14 and June 21:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/episodes?ref_=tt_ov_epl

Way to put the brakes on some really great momentum, CBS!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I was just about to post what a great season this is... i had no real problems with the last couple of years but this season is just SO SO enthralling, engaging, and just plain old fun.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope they don't kill the whole crew off. I would hate that.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched the last two episodes and didn't expect Root to die, while Shaw made it all the way from South Africa in one week? Sometimes I don't even want to wonder too much, just go with the flow and glad to know Finch was rescued on time and will give the machine another chance.

Of course if the series ends, characters will be killed off, Elia now Root... maybe in the end we will see Finch managing Samaritan's machine but he re-programmed it to do only good things for humanity. That could be a sweet ending... or maybe too sweet...