TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Braindead

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Braindead users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 02, 2016Dipo25 08-02-16  8:06 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching this show!! I don't know why, but I can't seem to look the other way.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
seriously, once they eat your brain it is too late but at least they know how to prevent its eating taste, ha ha. there is satire, there is slapstick there is dark humor - something for everyone.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure about this show at first, but we have become hooked. It's hilarious. The bugs do creep me out, but now we know how to fight them!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The bugs do creep me out, but now we know how to fight them!"

Yes, the world can be saved from brain invading space ants with Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll! Oh yeah....and apparently salami!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    

SFJF, if only certain political candidates could be warded off the same way!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 2:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I will now only read about this show here. After the last show, which I only watched for about 15 minutes, I'm finished. When that bug crawled out of his ear to lay eggs, I stopped watching. Wait, I watched until the guys head blew off again when he was working out in the gym.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sorry about that, this is so ridiculous,I can totally ignore and stuff. Where I can not watch one show about a serial killer that goes into any detail of the crime, makes m\y skin crawl. Different strokes - maybe you need an edited version, heh. I can watch this and note the satire. I don't have an ant problem in my house, now if it were about centipedes - another story, ha ha ,

I think the torture satire was excellent this week and pretty much showed how the bugs do not have to cover every job people just go along. IN life I have observed many people like that, Always wondered what it would feel like to fit in, but I never do, so eh

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Muffin, I had a hard time with the bug coming out of his ear, too. Ewwwwwww!!! I had to look away a couple of times, but I still find this show hilarious. I loved when all the Senators were raising their hands uncontrollably and bumping into the walls!

I know what you mean about the investigative shows being hard to watch. My hubby LOVES those shows, but I find them a little tough because they are real, not fiction. Creepy!!!

Is this show supposed to be an ongoing series or is it just one of those summer "special events"/limited series type thing? It's fun to see so many of the actors from The Good Wife, and I think the writing is just as clever!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I forgot to say that I also love the opening sequences! So clever!!! Hubby and I laughed that this week's started out something like, "You were all so worried about Laurel, but she's fine!" We were, too!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
1 more show to go and with horrible ratings, I can't see it being renewed - last night I could not stop laughing at all the Michael Moore sex scenes, he must have been having a ball with his cameo. I am sorry but so far this show is the best explanation of what is going on in Washington, too bad that bad ratings hid the truth from everyone - but more Gustav in the final show please!!! and make it a 2 hour special?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Michael Moore said he loved doing the show. He had a great time with it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I forgot to say that I also love the opening sequences!"

Me too! I hadn't realized that the democrat woman and Tony Shalub were the "king and queen" of the space ant invasion until I heard it in last night's "Previously On" song.

In retrospect, it was pretty obvious, but it never occurred to me. Duh...

Still love this show... I had hoped for more than one season but hey, one is better than none!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show makes us laugh, but sometimes it seems a little too dark. When Red pulled out the gun and shot that special prosecutor, it was pretty shocking. Then when he was talking to Luke in his office and opened the drawer, hubby and I both gasped--we thought he was going for the gun again. Fortunately it was only a straw. And is no one suspicious about the big blood stain on the wall???

I know it's supposed to be a farce, but sometimes . . .

Is there only one more episode of this show left? IMDB says there are 11 episodes, and next week is only #10. I hope they wrap it up somehow.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I asked my hubby if he thought that was really Michael Moore in the scenes with Laurel and didn't think it was - saying he's too busy to do stuff like this...I can't wait to tell him it really was him! lol. We're enjoying the show. It keeps us guessing, but we did miss Rochelle and Gustav in the last episode.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Is the baby infected or just the mom (Luke's wife)?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom. IMDB.COM must have recently updated their info...it's now saying there are 13 episodes.(Yay!)

Episode 11 will air on Sept 4, and both episodes 12 & 13 will air on Sept 11.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4877736/episodes?ref_=tt_ov_epl

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The writing on this show is so clever, we often LOL, which is rare even with comedy shows. The opening credits are the BEST!

When Germaine was telling the baby to "Stop it!" part of me found it kind of funny, while still being horrified that anyone would talk to a newborn that way. And then when she turned on the mobile with THAT music, we just lost it.

I don't know where they can ultimately go with this storyline, but we are enjoying the ride.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I LOVE this show! The writing is genius for me. The opening song...so clever! I guess I am one of the only ones that really really enjoyed it!

Apparently...upon further investigation of the list of shows...the other one I love, Feed The Beast, is not even on the list lol so I really must have off the wall tastes in shows...and no one watching Fear of the Walking Dead either?...although I admit I use it as a pacifier until Walking Dead returns

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
One more episode...aww...it's been a fun summer series - though weird, weird, weird. I couldn't imagine, nor guess, what would happen next each week - so that's great.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
But is it cancelled? Because I can't find any info that says that it is...only that it is moved to Sundays and they have not made a decision as of yet?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh BTW I just found FOTWD under WD....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this weeks song was hysterical and now you have to be careful about watching Gunsmoke because of the spoiler, ha ha .

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1 - it was only supposed to be a limited summer series. I assumed it should wrap up with the finale. I'm not sure how I feel if it's ongoing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Scotch thanks...I see what you mean...I didn't know that it was supposed to be a limited series. But I did read that they envisioned every year to take place in a new city...so that would explain that I should be on the lookout for a RENEWAL announcement and not a cancellation announcement.
I would love for there to be another season. I really enjoy the wacky plot of the show. And I think it is written brilliantly. But to fully enjoy it you have to be able to grasp all the double entendre that are laced through out the dialogue. That may be why the general public has not embraced the series?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
LOL... you still watching this. I thought I was the only one still watching this, I'm watching to see just how wacky it can get. I can see a lot of 'double entendre' as well, but still I'm laughing so hard at this silly show.

Too bad they stopped with the head popping, they should have had more of that and on live tv, get everybody paranoid about those bugs, and find ways to kill them off, instead it's turning out to be a victory for the alien bugs.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Spunky...yes still watching....and still LOVE this show..so does my hubby and my friend ....hoping to see a second season

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OMG, the ending of Braindead was so great - all ends tied up. and jsut a little him of what could be for the aliants.
the story moved forward, all loose ends tied up and maudlin business.

I loved so many parts of tonight I DVRd it so I can watch it over and over, Wish I had DVR'd the whole season. Red was hysterical most of this show with his ailing queen and the attack on the king had me rolling off my chair, I had to rewind it and watch it over and over and no one missing that senator after Red offed her, OMG, so much fun.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I just signed a petition to renew Brain Dead. Crossing fingers....

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I finally was able to watch the finale - both hubby and I had been watching and he's been gone so I couldn't watch the finale without him. I found it satisfying though I wonder if Laurel and Gareth will make it work if they're so different (was that a breakup discussion about kids?).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We finally just watched the finale last night. I will miss this show and all the goofy characters, but I'm glad they tied up all the loose ends. And the bugs are GONE!!! When Gary the aide stepped on the Queen, hubby and I LOLed.

Clever, clever writing all the way through. It was not (hopefully) based in reality in any way, but totally a fun ride!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: