TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through June 13, 2016 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It was hilarious the young girl thought only Frenchmen do "that". Jamie would never bother Claire like that. LOL!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hahaha! My ex-MIL was in a convent till she was 27, was almost a nun. When she got out and was getting married to my ex-FIL, her older sister told her where babies come from (no one ever had!). She didn't believe her and said, "No! Mama would never do something awful like that!" I remember when I was a teenager, I used to think I'd have to be drunk on my wedding night cause no way could I do something "disgusting" like that. How soon I found out it wasn't really disgusting at all. And I didn't wait till my wedding night.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No comments about this show? I know some people here watch it. It's been so long since I've read the books, I don't remember what happens next. Seems like Jamie will go to prison or jail for awhile? Does Claire lose the baby?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
In the books, Claire does lose the first baby she gets pregnant with by Jamie. not sure what is going to happen because in the books(if I am remembering correctly) she goes back to her time when she is pregnant the second time.

I started reading the whole series over.

06-29-2002

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Please do NOT post what happens in the book as it is considered a spoiler for the TV show. thank you.

If you would like to discuss the books, you can start a new thread for that, or we can start one for you.

Thank you>

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
So sorry - I've been watching every week (and re-watching almost daily), but I've barely had any time at home.

I LOVE this show - it is close enough to the books to make my reader heart happy, and the casting is just spot on. Wee Fergus - FABULOUS this last episode! Master Raymond - loved him from the first minute. The Compte - sweet baby Jesus that man is HAWT, and Mother Hildegarde - wonderful!

It was also heartbreaking to see such tender moments between Jamie/Claire/Baby and then see the horror of the duel.

The next episode, according to Matt B. Roberts (writer on episode 6 and long-time book fan), will require massive boxes of kleenex, pillows to muffle screaming, and a person for support and hugging. Cait has said ep. 7 was her favorite to film, so I can hardly wait to see it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh my, that was a sad one. But at least they're going back to Scotland!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Cried any number of times, but when the piano music played as she exited the carriage with Fergus by her side, I ugly cried. This episode was perfection, but heart wrenching. Cait deserves All. The. Awards.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
agree 100%, Cait had me crying so hard in that scene! My sister was crying too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was a rather slow episode. I hate Laoghaire! I also hate this war against the British. I wish Jamie and Claire could just go back to France. I miss the gorgeous clothes, too!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I found their soujourn in France ended rather abruptly. Not quite sure what they accomplished being over there, except for bumping into Black Jack. And her losing the baby. And the ONLY good thing, basically adopting that adorable young boy.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled they were back in Scotland. I think Jamie has come into his own as a leader, and the build up to Culloden will be fantastic! My favorite scenes were between Jamie and Colum. It's clear they are fighting for the same things, but Colum has no idea of the horror that is coming. I love the quieter episodes, though - Lallybroch from season 1 is one of my very favorites.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree it's been fascinating watching Jamie mature.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wish they could have all stayed safe at Lallybroch. I hate knowing what's coming.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 06, 2016 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, just started watching last night's episode of Game of Thrones. In the previouslies, they showed a shot of Catleyn's brother Edmure Tully (he was the groom at the infamous Red Wedding). It was driving me crazy where I'd seen him before. Had to look him up in IMDB and found out he's Tobias Menzies. He also plays Black Jack Randall on Outlander. Aha!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Tobias is all over! He's also an OB-GyN on Catastrophe. (If you haven't watched it, it is hilarious!) Sam and Cait have joked how hard it is to find a show Tobias has NOT been on. He's such a good character actor that he's done quite a few shows.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There was absolutely nothing on TV tonight so we decided to give this a try. We binged the first 3 eps and we really like it. DH struggled through the first ep, but once the time travel happened, he started liking it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, Naja! It's an epic tale. You'll love it! I hate the war parts, though. So sad. If you're a reader, check out the books. They're awesome!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode about killed me. They do such a great job of setting the book readers up and then surprising us! I suspect the final 3 episodes will require boxes and boxes of kleenex!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gee, I'd rather just be surprised instead of already knowing that it will be really sad. I stay out of the discussion of series and books for that very reason.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, they're leading up to Culloden, SFJF, and we all know how that turned out. A whole way of life was practically wiped out. When you lost to the British army, they made sure you knew it. The atrocities they committed on the families of the rebels after the war were horible. They went through the countryside and burned people's homes and turned out their wives and children to fend for themselves. No spoilers here, just history.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mods, what happened to the "Edit" button? I always see spelling errors, etc, after I make a post and hate not being able to correct. I hope you haven't taken this off the menu. I use it a lot.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I see it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Baby- still working for the rest of us. You may need to refresh your page, or restart your browser.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Well, they're leading up to Culloden, SFJF, and we all know how that turned out."

No, "we" didn't "all" know that. I wish I still didn't.