TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 27, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): General Hospital: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 27, 2016 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I'm not likening this nasty gossipy blond nurse.... Lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have been wondering why she is there as well...I think they are trying to make a updated version of old Amy, with this new Amy.

Whatever happened to old Amy? I don't remember why she left the show.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo, that Amy died years ago. If you google GH Amy, you can find out how she died, I don't remember

And I'm also confused as to why this character is here. Ugh

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, when I searched they didn't show that the character died, and it didn't say why she left the show in 2002. But the actress who played her died at a young age of 49.

The New Amy does sort of look like her a little bit, surely they aren't going to have her be Laura's sister with a new face.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I think this new nurse looks/sounds/acts a lot like Maxi. The other day when they were talking they seemed so similar it felt weird. :-)

So, who was this old Amy that y'all are talking about? Did she have a connection to Laura?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Whrlwnd, here is what I found. Amy Vining, played by Shell Kepler 1979 to 8/15/2002.

Amy Vining is the daughter of Jason and Barbara Vining. Barbara's child died at birth and her baby was switched with Leslie Faulkner's daughter, Laura. When Leslie tracked down her daughter it was in the nick of time. Leslie rescued her daughter from a cult and brought her back to Port Charles. In 1979, 16 year old Amy tracked down her big sister, Laura who had just married Scotty Baldwin. Amy turned out to be quite a bit of trouble. She had a knack for discovering everyone's secrets and loved to gossip. Putting a strain on the already Laura and Scotty's rocky marriage, Amy went to live with Leslie Webber and her second husband, Dr. Rick Webber.

In 1982, Amy fell for handsome boxer Johnny Morrissey. He broke her heart when he decided to leave town after his manager, Packy, succumbed to a heart attack.

Through the years, Amy and Laura's sisterly bond remained firm. Amy loved her sister's family and was always there for Laura when times became difficult. Unfortunately that was frequently. The biggest strain on their relationship occurred when Laura faked her death and didn't tell her sister Amy who deeply mourned her loss. When Amy found out that Laura was alive she was initially overjoyed but then profoundly hurt. Eventually Laura and Amy worked through it and Amy was able to forgive Laura.

Even though Amy has remained single, over the years she's flirted with quite a few of Port Charles's eligible bachelors. She also developed a friendship with Elton Herbert, Laura's office manager at Deception, but she abhorred his tendency to gossip.

http://soapcentral.com/gh/whoswho/amy.php

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Sorry Dipo, I ment the actress who played her died.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Ah, thanks Dipo. :-)

I missed the names of the owners of that room/building that Laura was searching yesterday, but her reaction sure seemed that she knew them. Do y'all know who they are?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Lloyd and Lucy Johnson were the names Luke and Laura used when they were on the run back in the day.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh, well that just adds to the mystery for me. Thanks Mamie. :-) Do any of you have any ideas on where Helena's treasure hunt is leading Laura? I love mysteries, but I don't know enough about the history of these characters to get anywhere with this one.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
It's too bad, that Michael Easton has to play such a weird character ..... Ugh

Just what the heck is Dr Finn up too anyway? Is he murdering people? Is Dr O setting him up? And what the heck kind of drugs is he taking? Most importantly wth is up with this stupid lizard? lol

Now that OLTL is over, I wish they would give him,back his old character..... Yes, I know they killed that character off, but they have brought back many dead characters.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think the lizard has the potential to cure whatever Dr Finns medical issues are.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That was really awkward, Franco catching Liz, LMAO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, Nina is adding some pretty funny snark at the red carpet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And why did Liz need to change her dress? I wasn't paying attention and missed whatever the issue was.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Hayden was wearing the same dress.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks Whrlwnd, I figured it was something like that but I wasn't really watching, more listening.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
First time watched since Luke left but I couldn't pass up the nurse's ball. I could have done without Nina's snarkiness. Loved the faux pas of Liz and Hayden with the same dress...too funny. The opening rap was wonderful....and the ending what made Bobbie collapse??? I'd read somewhere there's a death at the ball again this year. Will it be Bobbie?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, this is really cute...Don't go breaking my heart, and when was the last time you saw the "Pony", LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was busy in the kitchen so I didn't see who was playing the guitar for Jake, anyone notice?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WHOA....Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello · 3m3 minutes ago

#GeneralHospital Recast: Tyler Christopher Out, Nick Stabile In as Nikolas
http://tvline.com/2016/05/25/tyler-christopher-leaving-general-hospital-nikolas-recast-nick-stabile-gh/ … #GH

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loved Emma and Ned and Jake and Franco. So sweet.

And a stripping priest. Hmmm. I never had one that good looking in all my church going days.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Okay you scared me Dipo! Whew! He's only going on temporary leave. The guy is just filling in. Double whew !!

I love Tyler Christopher.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was shocked as well, just goes to show you how they make the hype with the headlines.

Surely they are not going to kill Lucas!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Where the heck is everyone going, LOL...Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello · 2h2 hours ago

#GeneralHospital: Kirsten Storms' Maxie Recast Temporarily With #DaysofOurLives Vet http://tvline.com/2016/05/27/kirsten-storms-leaving-general-hospital-maxie-recast-melanie-burnett-gh/