TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through May 26, 2016 users admin

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Clark and Philip :-) both cared for Martha. I don't think it's the last we will see of her. I'm still devastated. Great show and Alison Wright deserves an Emmy for her role as Martha.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Hope you're right, Marameko, hope you're right. The producers and writers are well aware, by now, of what a beloved character she's become.

And I agree, Lilfair, if she doesn't at least get nominated for the Emmy, it'll be a travesty. I'm afraid that, because she's not well-known, it might work against her (in much the same way that Tatiana Maslany has been ignored for Best Actress for the amazing work she's done on "Orphan Black").

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Elizabeth is going to cause her daughter to have a nervous breakdown.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I hope they do a Martha in the USSR storyline

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 2:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Elizabeth is a hard core driven woman, not a cuddly and warm Mom. She can only make her daughter feel guilty for so long.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I am confused. What did Elizabeth mean when she said "I am going to miss her" in regards to her Mary Kay friend (sorry can't remember her name). Is Elizabeth going to use what she did to the husband to blackmail him, or is she going to cut ties and consider the mission a failure.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The latter makes more sense to me, Hskr, because it seemed to me she felt pretty badly about drugging the husband. That coupled with the fact she found nothing helpful while she did all that snooping AND the fact she likes the wife so much as a person will probably make her report back to the bosses the mission failed. I felt so terrible for the husband when he woke up!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought so too, she didn't find anything so she had to cut ties, but why she did it that way I don't know, there could be more subtle ways of disconnecting.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The Mary Kay friend was "Young He".
I never understood what Elizabeth was looking for in regards to the hubby's job was. I did feel bad for him when he woke up. Inquiring minds want to know how Russian spies operate.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not reading any of the above posts until I'm caught up, but we almost are! We just finished season 4 ep2. I really can't wait to see how this situation with Paige's Preacher turns out! I can't stand the guy, so you know which way I am leaning for the outcome....LOL

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
So Young He's husband has the "code" to get to the restricted floor where the bioweapons are.
Great to see Martha's father but I want to see Martha in Russia....

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I also want to see Martha in Russia!

Felt bad for the death of John Boy..sorry I can't remember his character's name.

Also felt awful for the husband Elizabeth's friend:-(

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Meant to say I felt bad for the husband of Elizabeth's friend.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It was odd (but satisfying) to see the preacher's wife storm into the Phillip/Elizabeth house and raise hell with them. I don't recall her ever saying one word in any previous episodes. It must have been great fun for the actress to have the character come out of her shell so boldly.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Interesting to see the effect on everyone when they watched "The Day After".

Elizabeth is losing her resolve, and she enjoyed her friendship with Young He. She genuinely felt bad about drugging her husband and setting him up for blackmail to obtain those codes to get into the area where the virus was being developed.

Great casting for Martha's father. Looked like he was her father.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I are all caught up :-)

I don't know how they hold in their Russian tendencies and not slap the crap out of Paige. I am guessing at some point when she is over 18 they will let her know how it really is. I mean no choice or you end up dead by the upper heads.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Great news -- two more seasons of this fabulous show! (Though it's SAD news, too, that the end is near -- alas, it couldn't go on indefinitely.)

http://www.justjared.com/2016/05/25/the-americans-renewed-for-final-2-seasons/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Great news! Thanks for sharing Uncle Ricky.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are all caught up on binging and tonight will be the first time we watch an episode on the day it actually comes out.

I'm not surprised that the final two seasons were announced. When I finally find a show, it usually spells out the beginning of the end.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
whoa - how will Paige react to THAT scene!

on the flipside - i almost laughed out loud at Pastor Tim, Alice and Stan all being at the same table....

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Paige just got a huge dose of reality about what her parent can really do.

I know I sound like a broken record (hoping the writers read this). I want some Martha in Russia scenes.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Hskrfan, I'm with you. I want Martha in Russia scenes. I want to know how she's doing.

Dinner with Stan and the pastor was hysterical.

Elizabeth listening to her voicemail and not being able to listen to the entire message was the first time Elizabeth backed off on a mission.

"Phillip" going to collect the monies to retrieve his "sisters" remains was awesomely played by all.

The acting, writing, the pace of this show are amazingly grand! Emmy's all around.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think it's safe to assume Paige will NEVER give back-talk or sass Elizabeth again, now that she knows what Mom is capable of, punishment wise. And I totally agree, Hskr: we want Martha! we want Martha! we want Martha!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maybe Martha could get a spin-off show :-)

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Young He's husband - poor guy!!! Young He...sigh.

I kept waiting for something/anything on Martha!!