TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 23, 2016 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
If you get a chance, watch "After the Throne" (also on HBO). It's like a podcast but on video. And their set is filled with props from the show (we spent half the time identifying the items).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40WQJ_GyYeQ

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
La................

la..................

la...................

He's BA-AAACK! WOO HOO!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow! A lot happened in that episode!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If Theon is going home, isn't he technically the next Lord of the Iron Islands, and not Balon's brother?

That would be extremely exciting seeing as how Ramsay is now Lord of the Dreadfort.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dang it, I haven't watched any of this year's GOT but I've recorded both episodes. Tonight, I finished watching something else I'd recorded and when it was over, I looked up, and airing on TV at that moment was the final 20 seconds of tonight's episode! I saw it before I had a chance to understand what show I was looking at!

Talk about a spoiler!

(But I did expect it...there was just WAY too much "is-he-or-isn't-he?" buzz about it all over the interwebs) :-)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The Iron Islands do not follow same inheritance of the throne that other kingdoms do...there will be a Kings Moot (election). So Theon is not guaranteed the throne, just as the Maester (their uncle) told his sister that she was not necessarily going to get to sit on the throne either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Okay, I looked it up. Theon is the legal heir. So I am guessing the only reason there would be an election is because they have written off Theon as unable to rule, and all that's left is his sister. And she is not the legal heir.

eta: and what none of them know yet is that Theon has gotten his mind back and is on his way home :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't say that Theon has gotten his mind back. He still seems pretty messed up to me.

I hate Ramsay! That was so twisted what he did to his step-mother and baby brother. Saw it coming a mile away, but still. So glad they didn't make us watch it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh Theon definitely has his mind back, or at least well on his way.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night, SNL reenacted the resurrection of Jon Snow scene from last week. It's pretty funny! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcQdcaYPA0

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Can Theon just die please?????

And by the way, the actor who plays him should win an emmy/oscar whatever cause he really does his part well.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That SNL skit was pretty funny!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
OOPS, I meant Ramsey... Can Ramsey just die please. Not looking forward to more of his sick torturing games.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Great episode!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Daenerys is so awesome! She has been my favorite since season 1. I was expecting dragons to swoop in, but this was oh-so-much better :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
loved it! what about Jon Snow's big red-headed wildling friend giving Bree the googily eyes?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Love Jon's man bun but I miss the loose curls. Heck, I'd like him with a shaved head.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well. That was pretty cool.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys even know that this season there is an "After the Thrones" talk show on HBO that airs on Monday nights? I didn't realize until last night.

This is the first season and tonight ep 4 aired.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's their official page at HBO.
http://www.hbo.com/after-the-thrones

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I had heard about it and then I forgot to look. Did you see it and what's it like?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh I liked it. It's a couple of nerdy guys, and they have their nerdy guests. They are very serious about the show. It's not polished like other after shows, but I think that's what makes it interesting. The 2 hosts used to do a podcast about Game of Thrones.

Jumping_in

08-23-2007

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jumping_in a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the After the Thrones show. I find it very helpful when they discuss the back stories and connections from the books or previous seasons. Really helps to put it all together.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Hold the Door! And cry.

RIP Summer and Hodor (or will he come back as one of the white walker zombies???).

P.S. We love After the Thrones.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was surprising, clever and sad all at the same time.