TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through May 30, 2016 users admin

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Master of None is good.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Anyone remember West Wing? I forgot how good it was, to see that glimpse in the a White House, and how frustrating it still is at times. DH enjoys it as well, which is sometimes hard to find

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I love West Wing, I had also forgotten how good it was, then Jun from BB, starting tweeting about it when she got the whole season as a gift and I have been wanting to get it ever since.

I don't think we have many shows as well written as West Wing was, if any.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Finally got access to Netflix. Binging through House of Cards. OMG!!! Loving it.
Just now in the middle of the 4th season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I started Kimmy Schmidt this weekend and I am enjoying it. It's fast paced and silly, sort of like Mindy Project.

But toward the end of season 1, it was getting a little too silly and I wasn't enjoying it as much. I'll start season 2 later in the week. Hopefully it will get back to what I liked about it in the first place.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jane was on Ellen today. Grace & Frankie season 2 airs this Friday. They're currently filming season 3. I enjoyed season 1, but am more excited about season 2.

Jane is 78. Obviously she's had the best surgeons, etc. She looks GOOD!!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I don't like that one

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Jane does look great.

I just watched Chelsea Handler's new show that started today. I can't even say much about the show because I was so fixated on her dog Chunk. I've seen him before, but I loved that he was walking around and hanging out in the background during the whole show. He is so cute!

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Wentworth season 4 has started up..they've done 2 episodes. I find links to watch the show through my facebook...I go to their Wentworth page and wait for someone to post links for the show. Be careful which links you click on though...I read the comments first to make sure other people were able to watch. The link I use is the dailymotion.com link. You may be able to go straight to dailymotion.com and find the videos there. The show is shown in Australia, so usually by Tuesday evening, there is a link up to watch the next episode. I just love this show!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Bloodline starts this weekend!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For the longest time I thought the girl that plays Brianna on Grace and Frankie was played by Caitlyn Jenner's friend Candis. They look so alike to me. I don't watch Jenner's show except for stopping for a few minutes while changing channels, so I really wasn't too familiar with Candis except for knowing she said she was an actress.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Bloodline Bloodline!!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm re-watching the last three episodes of season 1. Season 2 airs in 40 minutes!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Can you do a super quick recap for us Color? The end of Season 1 bloodline? I want to binge on Season 2 this weekend.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Never mind Color -- I found some recaps online. Way Too Much for a quick recap! Whew! A lot happened last season. I'm ready for season 2 now. :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just finished the first episode of Bloodlines season two and wow good casting for Danny's son! He looks and even has some of his mannerisms!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I read that he played the young Danny in past scenes so it seemed natural to have him play his son.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm going to breakdown and subscribe to Netflix. I see that the first show I should binge watch is Season 1 of Bloodline.

I also see that there are many, many threads discussing various shows. Can you do me a huge favor and post some of your favorite shows, documentaries that you've seen in the last 2 years with Netflix? I would humbly be appreciative of anything you suggest. Thank you.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A few of Netflix' original series

BLOODLINE (I'm currently bingeing on season 2)
House of Cards
Grace and Frankie
Orange Is the New Black
and more . . . .

A couple of series that Netflix picked up after cable channels dropped them

The Killing (ended with season 4)
Longmire (4 seasons -- I'm hoping for more, but haven't heard anything about it for some time.)

There's plenty more. Netflix is worth it.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Egbok....I haven't watched any documentaries but there is one by National Geographic about Monkey's my daughter and I have added to our list to watch in the future.

If you have never caught these on TV or some are Netflix exclusive, you may enjoy:

Orange is the New Black
Gilmore Girls
Walking Dead (Dark but does have some lighter moments but very graphic in the gruesome category)
Suits (Drama about lawyers & had a few funny moments)
Weeds (Comedic Drama)
How to get away with Murder...
Switched at Birth (Drama with funny moments)
Death in Paradise (Detective/cop type drama based in the Caribbean. Drama has comedic parts.)
Grace & Frankie (LOVE this comedy/drama!)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Light comedy)
Covert Affairs (Spy action/drama)
Once Upon a Time

Lillyhammer (Filmed in Sweden but so funny really worth checking out!)

Bloodline (It is heavy, no comedic breaks in it. I don't binge watch this one, maybe an episode a week.)

There are many more...I especially like Netflix in the summer when there isn't as much on TV.

Hope you enjoy it Egbok!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Ken Burns doc on the Roosevelts--Ted and Franklin. Learned so much about history from that time in a well researched story.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I broke down, dropped satellite and picked up Netflix and besides all the great series already listed above, I'm going back and watching tv series that I missed such as Doc Martin and Broadchurch.

Can't wait for the Orange is the New Black to begin again and thank you for the head's up on Bloodline!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sherlock!!

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I finished Bloodline... I enjoyed it and would recommend, but no spoilers here.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Egbok, here are some series I've enjoyed watching on Netflix in addition to the many posted above:

Doc Martin
Last tango in Halifax
West Wing
Gilmore Girls
Call the midwife
Sense8
The returned
The Ritches
Damages
Dexter
Rectify
Luther