TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through April 18, 2016 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I have not heard when season 2 starts. Hopefully, the fall. Teach knows more than me. I think there are 8 books, so far. I have only read the first 4 many years ago. I can't imagine they will do as many seasons as th books.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If they cover all the books, there are currently 8 with 2 more planned.

Ron said on Twitter today that they'll know when Season 2 is scheduled early in 2016. I'm guessing it will be at least April before it comes out and more likely August as they've only been shooting season 2 for the past three weeks.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ladies, I agree it was phenomenal. I was able to 'watch' it by actually watching another program and intermittently watching this one. What I saw was impressive. I can't get over how they manage to show things that on any other show would be extremely gratuitous (the violence and the sex, but here it isn't. That's an amazing accomplishment.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just finished up the season, it was my "dessert" program and I spaced it out. It was a phenomenal first season and a gripping intense hard to watch finale, but geez they were great performances. Season two can't come soon enough. DIA is in my night stand but I'm not sure if I want to reread it before hand or not.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I re-read it as soon as it ended in May, and I'm re-reading again with an online book group. The thing I do NOT receommend is re-reading Dragonfly while also listening to MOBY. Both have a lot of political intrigue/spies/complicated war story lines, and my head was spinning trying to keep them straight! LOL

The last two episodes were phenomenal, weren't they? Cait, Sam, and Tobias are just incredibly actors!

While I'm waiting for season 2, I've been enjoying Richard Rankin in The Crimson Field as well as the third series of The Syndicate. Tobias is also fun in Catastrophe. :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Where are you watching season 3 of the Syndicate. I really liked the first two. I've got the Crimson Field PVRd.

Watching Outlander I keep thinking why have I never seen Cait and Sam before they are so good. As for Tobias, when he did that little shrug thing like he was cracking his back in the cell standing there stark naked it just made my stomach clench for Jamie. he has that character down pat.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I watched The Syndicate on the BBC player, using the HOLA add-on for Firefox to reroute through the UK. I disable Hola whenever I'm not using it (it has had issues for other people with malware).

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
WOW!!

Loved the premiere of S2, even though it IS different than the book. Cait deserves ALL the awards, and just when I thought I couldn't love Murtagh any more...well, I do. Also reveled in the Comte's introduction. That side-eye between him and Claire at the end was fantastic.

****sigh**** Watching it again (and probably every day this week) and wallowing in the beauty that is Jamie and Claire Fraser!

Wee Roger stole my heart again, and I love the bits of humor that are still woven in (Rev. Wakefield - "Even the devil has standards" and Jamie's "She's a sturdy woman.")

Yes, Tobias did a great job as Frank, too -- but I still don't like Frank. Burning Claire's clothes was the thing that actually made me cry, and if he'd made her take off that ring, well -- he would have been offed by any number of people!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
In Canada we have to wait til NEXT week for the premiere of S2. Sob, sniffle, wail. Athough I can watch it online now, I am choosing to wait and watch in on my gloriously large tv screen rather than the puny PC screen. I may not hold out until the weekend, but will try. ;)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It's worth the wait, Mame!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes, the gorgeous cinematography alone, deserves the best and largest screen, right?!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. The first half Claire was back in her original time, the second, she was with Jaimie.

Can someone straighten me out? I've missed something or forgotten something.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
My interpretation was that the first half, when Claire is with Frank is how this season will end. When they stepped off the plane in NY and we saw Claire back in 1745 with Jaime is the start of the season. We will see how that plays out before she returns to 1948.
Of course, I could be all wrong since I haven't read the second book yet, but that explanation makes sense to me. I'm reading the books after the tv season ends so I don't compare the two.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
CORRECTION It's on Tonight @ 10:00 pm EST in Canada on Showcase. Thank heavens a pal just phoned me with that info or I'd have missed it. I just set up my dvr for the series. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Snoopsmom for the explanation. I thought there was something specific I missed that explained it, but sounds like it wasn't spelled out.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
finally watched the season premier and loved it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Snoopsmom, I think you've got it. The beginning of the episode showed Claire returning to 1948, but when she stepped off the plane in New York and takes Frank's/Jamie's hand, we're in a flashback of what happened in France before she went "back to the future." I've read all the books, and I was still a little confused.

"Wee Roger" was adorable!!!

Teachmichigan, I think Claire basically gave Frank permission to burn (or destroy) her clothes. What else was she going to do with them? She thinks Jamie's dead and she's stuck in this world with Frank now, so she's trying to move on. I don't think he was being cruel, just doing as she asked him to do.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I saw production script/notes on the Starz site, and there was actually a longer dialogue piece right before the clothes burning. Claire tells Frank that Jamie sent her back, she didn't want to come, but he was trying to keep her and the baby safe. HE said she had to let him go, so she would. I still think the burning was Frank's idea, but whomever it was - that was the saddest scene to me. That smile at the bottom of the step of the airplane, though - that was ALL for Jamie! :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
It's funny Teach, when she went back it was at the start of her pregnancy and in clips I have seen set in France, she's very pregnant. I wondered if she had child number 1 with Jamie and then gets pregnant again and Jamie sends her home?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Ro - I know the answer to your question from reading the books (literally dozens of times), but I would rather NOT tell you as it is a major plotline that will be fantastic!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, I've also read all the books. Just wait and see what happens, Roteach!

Diana Gabaldon writes as slow as George RR Martin. I hope her next book comes out sometime in the next 5 years! (At least this show has 8 books to work from before they have to start writing their own plots, unlike GOT.)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
OK I will be patient and if not, I will prod my BFF for info. She's read all the books I think. Tonight's episode is going to show a very racy dress that the king's mistress wears. Those of you who read the books will know what I am talking about. Dang, I want Claire's red ball gown. Red is my favorite color.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That red ball gown was beautiful, even if you could see "down to her 3rd rib." But the dress with the swans?! Ay yi yi! Those decadent French!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I actually read this book first, out of the series. I found it at the library bookstore many years ago. My sister read it after me and liked it so well, she has bought most of the other books in the series. I have read several too. Funny how much I have forgotten about. The king had an audience for a bowel movement. Really? Weird people. Pretty sure it's based on real history.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was pretty standard for royalty in those days. The British monarchies had a "Master of the Stool" or some such title. The king couldn't be expected to wipe his own behind, could he? They were very rarely alone, and usually had someone sleeping on the floor in their room, in case they needed anything in the night. Totally pampered and spoiled.