TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 20, 2016 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping they will change that before the 2017 launch. Netflix can get away with it, Amazon Prime is having a good go, but CBS, when the other shows are free on our tv?? Doesn't seem worth the subscription to me, even for Star Trek. Perhaps they'll be on normal CBS.com after 8 days or something.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I will never subscribe to either CBS or ABC. I like shows on both networks but not enough to pay for them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also they seem to be working on a model where they are $6ish a month. Do that for CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox and you might as well buy the basic cable package and have the other channels too. And there's always the antenna which is free. It just doesn't seem to be a model that makes sense.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, I already pay for cable with access to the networks, why would I pay CBS for the same stuff, doesn't make any sense to me either unless they are going to try and cut off all the cable/satellite ect., companies. Which I think would definitely bite them in the ass.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, it's a comedy and a very funny one....but I still see it as lowbrow. That's not a bad thing and I wasn't criticizing it. I love this show!

I looked up "lowbrow" and I think Z Nation fits the description perfectly.

low·brow
ˈlōˌbrou/
adjective
adjective: lowbrow; adjective: low-brow

1.not highly intellectual or cultured.
"lowbrow tabloids"
synonyms: mass-market, tabloid, popular, intellectually undemanding, lightweight, accessible, unpretentious;
uncultured, unsophisticated, trashy, philistine, simplistic, downmarket;
informal dumbed-down
"a lowbrow action movie"
antonyms: highbrow, intellectual

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Works for me. I'm completely addicted to most of the 'low-brow' stuff on SYFY and readily admit it.

Tonight, Michael Anthony Hall had a guest role and next week ~ Gina Gershon guest stars! }

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I love how in Z Nation they managed to make that baby look like Murphy. And the cheese wheel, lol. The show always makes me laugh.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Very sad Doctor Who...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
December 14th has two Syfy premieres:

Childhood's End at 8pm (a miniseries running two hours a night, Dec 14th, 15th, 16th)
The Expanse at 10pm (starting Monday 14th, but then Tuesdays at 10pm from the 15th)

The premiere of The Expanse is on demand and also at the Syfy website.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I noticed the previews of Childhood's End and for now I programmed to record the three night shows. That one seems a strange one indeed.

Didn't hear of the Expanse, not showing on our channels here..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Childhood's End, very exciting finish! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks for mentioning it, Kitt. I was going to wait to see if you liked it before I watched it. But I am going to wait until you like the second ep before I go for it. Too many of these shows start out great and fizzle out.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but it really had very little to do with the story, It was a small story o begin with and it seems like they are showing the ending first - what the aliens look like. But the story the aliens really were beneficial. hence the contrast between looks and actions, seems like that will be gone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lalalalalalalalalalala didn't read that didn't read that

please don't spoil the book, we don't know how close the show will be to it, so you could be spoiling the show.

Naja, part 2 looks like a whole new phase begins, I will comment again tonight if we get time to watch it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Part 2 was worth watching too, I think. I was a little more confused than the first part, but I am interested to see what's next.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I don't want to comment too much on the 2 parts until I see the 3rd tonight, one thing for sure, I wasn't expecting a 'religious' aspect on a sci-fi short series.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We should make a separate thread for it. I might not get to the final part tonight, as it's the Survivor finale.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
no one, not one show ends a season like Z-nation. haha - I am sure that 10K is fine, but the show could be renamed selfish nation.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching The Expanse but it's not doing much for me at the moment. They're probably lucky there's not much else on right now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't forget The X-Files is back tomorrow (Sunday)!!

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Kitt - I don't know how i missed that this was going to be on, but I have my DVR set now! Thanks for the reminder.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Canadian's: Bravo repeats Colony on Saturday afternoons.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up!

New show on SYFY starts tonight called "Wynonna Earp"

I posted about it in the premieres" thread!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can anyone tell me the name of a scifi show from 2013ish that's about a woman who went back in time to now (from the future), had a suit which could be invisible or like armour, and a boy/young man from now helped her stop some terrorists? I can picture her face but not her name.

It's a Candian show and is coming back for one short season to finish everything off, but it's been ages since I saw it so I wonder if I missed the final season.

Anyone know what show I mean? Might have begun with S, but might not!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Is it Continuum on the Syfy channel?