TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through May 05, 2016 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Excellent beginning to the new season! Yes, I am fearing for Pastor Tim! Martha Martha Martha!! So in love with Clark.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Mush that was odd. If he had Paige's best interest in you would not want to have her do anything that makes the parent's nervous or truly suspicious.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is there enough action and cliffhanger type things to enjoy a binge on this show? I am thinking of a binge for the short lull between spring and summer shows.

Mush

09-09-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
Naja, I think that this would be a great show to binge watch. It's the only show that I always watch live instead of on the DVR. Every week I can't wait to find out what's going to happen.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mush, I took your advice and we watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 this afternoon. We enjoyed it, but it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. We are going to stick with it, though. I am guessing it gets better since it has made it to season 4.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Naja, please keep with it. I can almost guarantee you will love it. There are plenty of shows that provide a fair amount of tension, but "The Americans" manages to crank up the tension level to heights rarely seen on other shows. Trust me, your nerves will get a VERY decent workout. Oh, and the acting and plotlines are outstanding, too!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch tonight's episode?

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Yes. I will say the Nina scene knocked me out off my chair.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Me too!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad she didn't have to endure torture or anything like that. That's the way I'd want to go if I were in her situation -- get it over with quickly.

But I will miss Nina terribly. She, Claudia and Martha were my favorites. And it looks like Martha's headed for serious hot water next. Would those FBI guys dare to rub out our precious Martha?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm way behind on this show (need to finish season 3), but I saw online what happened to Nina. Yikes! I liked her.

Ricky, not Martha! I get such a kick out of her.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Thanks to the posts, I didn't jump...it actually wasn't as sudden as it may have been, given I was waiting for something to happen.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Nina was done wrong !

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Although it was a shock to us viewers, as death sentences go it was pretty humane. "The death sentence will be carried out shortly" "bang" she's dead.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Im waiting for the sons computer to come into play. That's why their son is spending so much time with the FBI neighbor, right?

Oh Martha.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
My nerves were almost completely shredded after tonight's episode. Oh, Martha is right! It's going to take a miracle to get her to survive this season. Alison Wright is such a fabulous actress - I will be very bummed if she loses her job!

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, after what she said to Gabriel last night about exposing him being KGB, I wouldn't be surprised if she loses her life, never mind her job. I doubt there's any hope she'll be back at the FBI now they've determined she was the spy. If she lives, she's going to jail unless she disappears to Russia or something.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I was referring to Alison Wright losing her job (portraying Martha) as a result of Martha possibly getting killed. But I agree with your speculation Holly!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Martha girl......you were doomed when you told Gabriel he was KGB...... Be careful out there gurl.
I was like " Oh no she didn't." Oh hell yea she did !

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am fearing for Martha too, especially when she yelled at Gabriel in the street. I had the same same reaction as Marameko!!!! Oh boy..She is doomed!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just finished season 2. And I have to say this show mostly was just background noise to my other other household activities while DH watched and loved it.

....Until we hit about midway of season 2, and I started to perk up and enjoying it as much DJ is enjoying it. Season 2 ended where they wanted the daughter to join the club.

Tomorrow we start season 3 :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I got through 34 minutes of last night's episode when I had to leave for work this AM. Now poor me has to wait until this afternoon to finish.....Life is so unfair.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Alison Wright is so magnificent as Martha. I hate it when the focus of the show is on anything other than her part of the plot. Long live Martha!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2016 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Martha was bamboozled big time .

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Perhaps we have not seen the last of Martha.