TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 12, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Family: Archive through May 12, 2016 users admin

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
maybe his wife helped him

I still think something is up with her

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Shoot, my PVR didn't record!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I guess he piled up some of the stuff from the room.

Although I don't think PG can be Ben's father, Ben still seems adamant that he doesn't have a family to go to. He could have been a kid off the street, but wouldn't he have told Willa he had a family, even if he wasn't with them at the time of his abduction? Maybe not.

I didn't like last night's episode for some reason. I felt so sorry for Ben before now but he suddenly seemed a bit less likeable. I know he's only trying to find somewhere for himself, but it seemed manipulative rather than just wanting a family all of a sudden.

And what's he going to do with the money? Does he fear he's found out and has taken it in case he has to run?

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
So the kidnapper's wife has known something all along and is now willing to kill to protect this guy? She's as sick as he is.
Hated the stupid plot device where a seasoned FBI agent goes into a house without back-up and without saying where he is going.

Was Adam targeted because he was seen at Hank's house?

Mom wondering why her daughter is the way she is. Thinks the woman pretending a boy is her son and being incredibly callous and horrible by telling him he has to go. No compassion for an abused, kidnapped, and traumatized child. Does she even know he has no family? You would think she might be concerned there was someone else looking for him.That's one major problem with this show - not many people worth rooting for except poor Ben.

Is that a house where he was fostered that he keeps going to? And where is everyone there?

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I was wondering that, too. Where are the people in that house?

The Mother is a very cold person. No wonder the husband wants a divorced. Other son buries himself in drinking. Daughter has had to keep secrets all her life.

Sick woman that covers for puck hole man!

I am rooting for Ben and the neighbor. That was great when he went over to the mother and confronted her about not watching Adam.

Jumping_in

08-23-2007

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jumping_in a private message Print Post    
It took me a few weeks before I decided to start watching this show and I'm really glad that I did. There are so many twists and turns! I was thinking the house Ben has to key to and is going to is maybe his foster home that he was kidnapped from? Big shocker with the wife of PG! I'm wondering if Adam is still alive and is being kept somewhere else?

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I think Adam is still alive.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Adam still being alive never even occurred to me. That would be a great twist!

I keep forgetting to remember to never believe a character in a mystery is dead unless I see him or her die onscreen, except when they die onscreen but they aren't really dead. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered if the wife knew because of Ben. That maybe she knew he'd taken him but thought he'd been returned or the pock marked guy had told her something else had happened to him.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Another good episode.

I was hoping that Adam was alive somewhere.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I like the idea of Adam still being alive, too, but the kidnapper has been incredibly careful with every detail so I can't really see how he would have ever left him alive somewhere.
It would make a great twist, though.

Unless he has yet another lair where he might have taken him.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
It's looking like Ben could have killed Adam. What did Pock Face talk to Ben about?

Hank is my favorite character. None of them are likeable to me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought that was a bit of a stretch, them passing out the idea of Ben killing Adam. He kept saying that he fell and then got ill, so I think the only option if he did "kill" Adam was if he did something that caused the fall, just a little fight or an accident. But in the flashbacks we saw there didn't seem anything bad between the two of them which would suggest he would kill him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But in the flashbacks we saw there didn't seem anything bad between the two of them which would suggest he would kill him."

Unless Ben is just making nice to Adam so he wouldn't tell PM guy. Ben could've caused a fall without Adam's knowledge.

I think Ben was running on "instinct" more than socialized behavior. The story about the Siamese fighting fish is about two male animals who will fight one another based on an alpha male instinctual urge. Maybe Ben felt the need to display his own alpha maleness. He could've felt threatened if PM guy was showing favor to Adam.

I imagine a kid in that kind of situation would be messed up in all kinds of ways. You can be sure he suffers from Stockholm Syndrome....he never mentioned that PM guy came to talk to him.

Whoa... Just as I wrote that last sentence it occurred t me that maybe PM guy threatened to let the family know that Ben caused Adam's death!

This show is so sick and twisted, it seems like it could go anywhere. I don't think we can project our perceptions of how a kid should behave onto Ben. He's a kid that was raised in an environment that is totally foreign to anything "normal". He could be a psychopath or a sociopath...or he could be a scared kid trying his best to be "good" so he'll have a home. All we really know is that he's messed up and he has some kind of agenda - the hidden money, the home he goes to visit in the middle of the night, hiding the fact that PM guy came to the house to see him...

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
PM guy and Adam/Ben seem to have something planned

PM guy wouldn't have turned himself in because he suddenly got a conscience...

Jumping_in

08-23-2007

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jumping_in a private message Print Post    
Another great episode this week! Not good that Hank is skipping meds to control urges. The poor fed in the basement. Got his thumb cut off for nothing.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That poor guy is right. That was rough.

I'm finding myself angry at all of the characters on this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm very disturbed that Ben seems to be a bit evil now. I understand he thinks he's safer with the pedophile out there because he knows his secrets, but I guess like Rieann says, it makes me angry at him, and then it's hard to remember he's still a victim.

I like the brother, that's about all. I guess we find out this Sunday what really happened. I hope they cover everything!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree about Ben, Kitt. I know he has gone through hell, but I'm still finding myself angry at him. I blame the writers. lol

The brother does have a good side. It was a sweet moment when Willa came out to him. He really cares about her.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I guess we find out this Sunday what really happened. I hope they cover everything!"

It looks like there is a possibility (albeit not a great one) of it being renewed for another season. If that happens and if they answer all the questions next week, the direction of the whole show would change.

I was hoping this was some kind of anthology series or something like American Crime and Secret Lies.....but I haven't found anything to suggest this story gets wrapped up at the end of the season.

Apparently the ratings have been pretty low and there is no word yet on a renewal or cancellation so it's quite possible it'll end with a lot of unanswered questions....never to be answered.:-(

(Or maybe I'm just feeling pessimistic about a satisfying conclusion because of that godawful Good Wife finale...)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow it didn't even occur to me that it wouldn't be ending!! Argg, or worse that they don't know they are cancelled and they don't end it but there isn't a season 2!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We don't really know that Ben isn't a partner of Doug's and not a victim. There have been so many lies, twists and turns. Ben could easily be in his 20's. Not sure what the end game would be regardless if he is victim or coconspirator although it appears to have something to do with Claire's political career.}

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Another good show! Even if the characters are not likable, they are all playing the parts quite well.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's officially cancelled!

I HAVE to know what happened with Adam and Ben! I won't sleep unless they tell us!

I really hope they finish it properly!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I hope so too, Kitt! I wonder if they filmed different endings in case it was cancelled.