TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 16, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 16, 2016 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm convinced he's gay. Most of the time, when they introduce a character on a TV show, he's a stereotype. Sometimes effeminate, sometimes a pretty boy/model type at a gym or a handsome, soft spoken quiet guy (like Aaron on TWD). Btw, most of my gay friends don't fit any of those stereotypes!

Strand, I realize in retrospect, fits another one - the well to do stylish "man about town"....he is always impeccably dressed and lived in a very stylish home right out of Architectural Digest...and it didn't have one iota of "a woman's touch".

In any case I love the idea of him being a gay. We now know his phone call wasn't to "bad guys", but to someone who's like family to him. I'm not even sure he's a con man anymore. The housing development he was involved in seems to have actually been constructed. Of course, he and his BF could have done some shady things to get that project going.

Earlier I had posted that I thought he was talking to his wife on the phone and later realized "Hmmm, why a wife? This is 2016....it could be a husband!"

At this point we didn't see "Mr Abigail" (forgot his name already) at the house, just his maid's son, Rupert(?). I just hope the BF is still alive and well somewhere in Mexico. I think Strand really loves him. From what we've seen, he seemed to be closer to his BF than Travis and Maddie are lately.

I'm also glad to see that sometimes my one in a million shot wild theories/wishes come true!:-)

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I'm with Sanfran, I think he's gay. Gay straight, Strand is hands down the most interesting character out of the bunch.

I think that the person to blame is the daughter and no one else. Had it not been for her, the pirates would not have been on their trail. Even IF Alex gave them a tip, they would not have come across Alex but for the dumb daughter.

Has it only been a week and a half since the apocalypses?!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think we're up to about Day 18 or 19 from the start of the show.

Even if he's gay (I think he probably is too), that doesn't preclude it being a long con. Or perhaps long con is too harsh, but an arrangement that suits him (gives him money, he is content) for the moment. I think Yvette's and the Strand actor's comments on TD were very good, where they said someone taught him his behaviour, and he's probably reacting to his father's example. He doesn't know any way other than wheeling and dealing.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Quick question: Am I the only one that thinks that they might be attacked by sharks while they are frolicking in the water?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought the same, especially for Strand.

Or perhaps they are full of walkers, and not hungry anymore.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Quick question: Am I the only one that thinks that they might be attacked by sharks while they are frolicking in the water?"

That first scene a couple of episodes back when they found the overturned boat full of bullet holes and Chris decided to go for a swim was perfect for that. As the camera moved around underwater, of course one expects a walker to pop up from below but I kept thinking it would be scarier for a shark with a big open mouth to suddenly appear....that would have scared the bejeezuz outta me!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
On TD we learned from the actor who plays Strand that Strand "always keeps his word" and his main "currency" in life is "obligation". In fact, he made those points several times. We already knew he was an opportunist which can be a good thing as well as a bad thing. He's really a slick salesman with a golden tongue but he may be less "con artist" and more "it's all in the fine print" kind of guy....you know, like a salesman that never outright lies but can talk you into a deal that's always works out better for him.

When Strand said he had planned to pay Tom Abigail that $35,000 he stole back with interest, I believed him. He always keeps his word. This could also explain the actor's comment on TD - that his biggest fear is love. He may have simply avoided saying "I love you" back to Tom because, in his mind, if he says it he must follow through with it...and he's too afraid to make such a commitment, especially one involving his deepest fear.

He's a great character....the metaphor the actor used on TD was perfect...he's like a Russian nesting doll. Every time you think you have him figured out, you open it and there's another, and another, and another... He's got layer after layer that we haven't even seen yet. I think we'll learn a lot more about him if he finds Tom Abigail. Strand has his guard up for this boat load of strangers/refugees even though he feels obligated to them for helping to save his life. He's probably a lot different with Tom, even though he still some some defensive walls up with him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay...the guy I thought was named "Rupert" in a previous post is actually named "Luis Flores"....at least that's how he's introduced to Strand when Tom and Luis come to visit him when Strand is in his bathrobe.

I found a summary of that episode which also says he is "Luis Flores" (scroll down to "Trivia" to see the list of characters introduced in this episode):
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_in_the_Streets

What confuses me is that when you click on the actor's name, it says "Arturo Del Puerto is an actor who will portray Carlos in Season 2 of AMC's Fear The Walking Dead.[1] "
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Arturo_Del_Puerto

On IMDB.COM, he is also listed as playing "Carlos", in 11 episodes of Fear The Walking Dead":
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2276582/

No wonder I couldn't remember his name - apparently the producers can't either! :-)

Actually, I'm thinking maybe it will turn out he was using "Luis Flores" as an alias when Tom introduced him to Strand.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 02, 2016 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I also love that he is gay.After I watched TD and they brought up how it wasnt easy for him to love because of his upbringing it explained why I was feeling that he wasnt as in love as Mr Abby was.

I love the actor playing Strand. Nick and Strand are the best!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
another great ep! Early on, I wrote Alicia off as dumb teenager. I was wrong, she has survival instincts! I want her and Jack to end up together LOL I'm a romantic

Great idea on the walker exchange!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The walker exchange was such a good idea, but then it ended really quickly (push -- what? -- bite) and it all seemed too easy.

I wouldn't mind if Jack came back. On TD they strongly suggested that at least Alex would be back.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
WTH!!

It's one,thing to feed rats to the dead, but puppys?
I will definitely stop watching if they do this again.

Yes I know it's not real, but so uncalled for. Bleh!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
What is the deal with this show? Where is it going?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree Lostfan!! I cant handle animal deaths

So Thomas mom is a crazy religious person? I dont understand what she thinks the walkers are. People that are waiting for the resurrection?

WTH was Chris going to do? I dont think he was going to hurt them.

Not liking Madison. The nerve of her when her son has been all kinds of F-ed up for years

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Also, why was Thomas sick? Did his mom poison him too? Why didnt they try and give him antibiotics?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Madison is not growing on me at all. I dislike her from the beginning. I do not like where this show is going either.

They never did say why he was sick and dying, did they? I'm guessing the woman must have poisoned him?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that woman is his mom LOL

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Haha Pamy, I barely know the names of the original people. I certainly didn't know who any of the new people are.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thomas had a bite on his arm, so he was getting sick from that and died from that.

One good thing about writing notes, you miss things, and I didn't see what they were shoving down the chute for the walkers!

In Talking Dead they said that the owl symbol on Luis' coin and on the tree near the prayer post was the symbol of Santa Muerte, the personification of death. I think Celia practices a cult/some sort of santeria that worships the dead, so this zombie plague just makes her think she is the queen of everything.

Not sure how far gone Chris is... he was rather menacing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That commercial for the movie "Neighbors 2" during the show was too funny! They did a pretend advert for "Neighbors 3: Zombies Rising". Did anybody catch that? LOL

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Naja, I caught that commercial, very funny stuff.

I really felt for Strand and Thomas as Thomas was slowly dying from the bit on his arm. I wasn't surprised that Stand didn't take the communion but I didn't see the gunshot scene coming. Celia is going to be upset when she finds out Thomas and Stand aren't joining the other zombies in the wine cellar.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"that woman is his mom LOL"

I think crazy poison wafer lady was Abigail family's maid, not his mother.

I'm pretty sure she was the mother of Luis, who died on the boat. I believe they had said in an earlier episode that Luis was the maid's son and he and Tom were "like brothers" because they were raised together.

I'm not sure if they ever said what happened to Tom's actual parents.

That's how I remembered it anyhow...

So sad to see Strand lose Tom. I think this episode definitely answered the question of whether or not Strand truly loved him. That grief was no con. :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, she was definitely Luis' mother and the Abigail's maid/housekeeper/nanny, who looked after Thomas. She was the one who served Tom and Strand drinks when they were by the pool in one of the flashbacks.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm looking forward to next week and seeing where this goes. What Strand is doing, where Chris has gone and who is beating up Papa.

Celia is a menacing character to me, and Madison I think can see how she could easily control others. It was so easy to get Nick to come to her. I'm not sure what he thinks the walkers are but I think Celia can quickly bring him in to the fold.

I imagine that the priest bit Tom as he was holding him. But how did he get back home? Why did he leave his truck? Odd because he was alone when he got to the church.

I assumed that Strand would take care of Tom when he died because he knows that is the most loving thing to do for Tom. He knows what's going on. I never expected a character like Strand to opt out to become a walker voluntarily. Celia I think probably had far more time with Tom to have him thinking her way.
Everyone had the compound seem a little off to me. Scary.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, in the previews Strand says to Celia "he was not your son," So I think SanFran has it right.