TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 10, 2016 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Kewl! Lol. I figured my provider just labelled them wrong but then when I saw there was an episode that aired back in December I wasn't so sure. So either they are repeating the premiere from Dec or the dec airing was some extended trailer type show, Thx again!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I really got a kick out of Lucifer.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, Sanfran... I took the time last night to finally watch Lucifer and I was pleasantly surprised, even if this Lucifer reminds me that of Jack Nicholson in the witches movie with Cher, charming and absolutely obnoxious at the same time, I was intrigued when I realized that the woman detective was immune to his charm, or so it seems, you need to show that not everybody falls prey to his power or else the show won't work. But it's that kind of comic/noirish that I like. Any story of a devil that isn't that bad is something that reminds me when we try to laugh to fight fear, and this show is telling us this, don't be afraid of someone you believed was bad when it isn't so. Then, you really get sympathy for Lucifer when he too has problems from his own world who want him to be bad again. What a funny take on the devil.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the Outsiders on Tues night. Ryan Hurst who played Opie on Sons of Anarchy is one of the cast members for this show.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
You, Me and the Apocalypse starts tonight on NBC. I went to IMDB to get more info and there were already tons of comments. Apparently, it aired in Britain first. So if you don't want to get spoiled, avoid the comments section.

Pam from The Office is in it and Rob Lowe, too. I think Rob Lowe has been hilarious on The Grinder.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up if you use s DVR!

I set up a season pass on my TIVO to record "You Me and the Apocalypse" and I chose the option, "First-run only"....but it did NOT show up on the To Do List to record tonight.

Apparently, since this series has already aired elsewhere, the "original airdate" in the description of tonight's premiere is 9/30/15.....so the TIVO thinks it's a repeat.

I changed the option from "First run only" to "First-run and repeats" and now it is showing up to record tonight.

I don't know if other DVRs have similar settings as my TIVO, but I recommend that you check to make sure it is recording, just in case!

It looks like a fun show:

You, Me and the Apocalypse
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4337894/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
While I'm still watching Colony... at this point it's ONLY for Josh, and the storyline with the kid and his girlfriend. Overall, it's actually kind of dreary and boring to me. Doubt I'll stick around too much longer. Guess I'm just not much into dystopian stories.

But I will say Kudos to the writer's for the hard-hitting prisoners' naked shower scene, which was aired during Holocaust Remembrance Week and hit me VERY HARD. I was fully expecting the prisoners to be gassed in the showers. And was very relieved that I was wrong. Although the scene left me shaken, I was glad they were brave enough to do it. And yeah, before someone comments that it was probably a coincidence that it was aired that week... I know that.

Of the new shows: I find Second Chances much lighter and more interesting, and my favourite new show of the season is Lucifer for its crisp dialogue, humour, and the GREAT casting of the 2 leads.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Outsiders yet. I watch the second episode last night and haven't figured out yet why the one deputy is trying to keep the clan out of legal trouble.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Impractical Jokers is back with new episodes tomorrow, Thurs, Feb 4, on TruTV.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm not enjoying the X-files so much, I wasn't expecting to be a comedy, well, it looked to me like a comedy.

I do enjoy Lucifer, what a laugh!! Just wanted the episode to go on and on... The moment the woman detective falls to his charms, however, would be the time I'd get bored...

Another new series that puts me to sleep is Colony, it gets old fast...

What else is new? Mmmm..

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I dumped the X-files. I still watch Colony but it's getting repetitive. Lucifer is the new show that has me laugh so hard, finally something enjoyable to watch.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
There is a new show premiering on the Sundance channel tonight called 'Hap and Leonard'. James Purefoy is one of the stars. It looks good and I hope it meets expectations. Here is the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X-4A2Om24A

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Damien" (based on the movie, "The Omen") will premiere on March 7 (this coming Monday!) immediately following the season 4 premiere of Bates Motel....on the A&E network.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/damien

http://www.aetv.com/shows/bates-motel

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Family starts tonight on ABC at 9pm.

A family is shaken to the core when a politician's presumed dead son suddenly returns. After disappearing a decade earlier, Adam Warren's homecoming to Red Pines, ME, is initially met with astonishment and joy, but suspicions soon begin to emerge. Is he really who he says he is? The boy's shocking reappearance forces the entire family to re-examine who they are and unearths long-buried secrets, betrayals and heartache, in the riveting new thriller "The Family," which will debut with a special premiere, on THURSDAY, MARCH 3 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network.

A second, all-new episode of "The Family," "All You See is Dark," will air on SUNDAY, MARCH 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST), for its regular time period premiere.

Read more: Listings - FAMILY, THE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20160212abc10/#ixzz41tMKdai9

Joan Allen stars, so I should think it will be good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Hap and Leonard" was pretty fun. It's a bumbling crime caper. Christina Hendricks from Mad Men is in it and she's great.

I have to wait after the ep airs and watch it in on-demand because for some reason Comcast won't give us the HD Sundance channel, but they do put the HD versions in on-demand.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Watched The Family last night. Don't think I'll be watching. Something I don't like about Joan Allen?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I recorded Hap.
Not a fan of Joan Allen for some reason but I recorded Family too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really liked the new sitcom "Crowded". I'm a big fan of pretty much anything Patrick Warburton does. His wife on the show is Carrie Preston. She used to be Arlene on True Blood.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I mostly liked Crowded. Some of it was really funny, some of it not so much, but not bad for a pilot.

Naja - I agree about Patrick Warburton. Everything that comes out of his mouth is funny.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja I was racking my brain on the Mom character.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 18, 2016 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I keep seeing so many of the True Blood people on other things. I think True Blood was so big that it was such a boost to all their careers.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Not sure if this will need its own thread because it's still an unknown....at least until 10 PM tonight when it premieres on SYFY!

In any case, this review makes it sound like a lot of fun. It comes across as a "really-love-it or really-hate-it" kind of show. For some reason, movies and tv shows described this way are often ones that really entertain me.

Demons with guns vs a cursed female descendant of Wyatt Earp? What's not to like? :-)

(The third paragraph in this excerpt is what has piqued my interest.)

Wynonna Earp - Fridays at 10PM on SYFY

"Syfy's Wynonna Earp is the type of show where you'll know right away if it's for you or not. The new series stars Melanie Scrofano as a modern-day descendant of famed lawman Wyatt Earp. In the premiere, we learn the Earp family has a curse on it: when each new heir turns 27 (*shrugs*), they give rise to all manner of demons and monsters in the typical western town of Purgatory, and the only way to kill them is by using Wyatt's "Peacemaker," a long-barreled Colt .45.

If all that sounds comic booky to you, that's because it is. The show is based on an IDW series that followed the demon-hunting adventures of a deadly, buxom blonde with a penchant for latex pants and corset tops. On the show, however, Wynonna is more of a brooding, Jessica Jones-type who doesn't know the first thing about gunslinging -- and that's something the premiere plays with to good effect. While the character is inexplicably kick-ass at fisticuffs, she can't shoot a gun for crap, and that's something she'll have to learn as she goes.

Other than that, though, Wynonna Earp is relentlessly goofy. There's definitely a sort of grindhouse, Robert Rodriguez flair to the proceedings, but it's less From Dusk Till Dawn and more From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you commit to watching this show, strap in for loads of hammy dialogue, overdramatic characters and cheesy special effects. That's not to mention the storytelling, which is convoluted as sin. The good news is, Wynonna Earp never takes itself too seriously and in fact relishes the absurdity."

<snip>

[TRAILER}

<snip>

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/31/wynonna-earp-purgatory-review

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you see that they did a remake of Alex Haley's "Roots"?

It's going to air over 4 consecutive nights starting Memorial Day. It's also going to be aired on several channels at the same time.

Official site
http://roots.history.com

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I just loved the original Roots. It was such a memorable series.

Unfortunately, I don't get the History Channel.