TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 01, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 01, 2016 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh no, Pamy....I was explaining why I think he's so much more than what he appears and why I am convinced that he owns both the boat and the house. Then again, maybe they belong to his husband....I've seen no evidence of it but that would be cool.:-) They didn't show the picture in the frame he took from the shelf.

In any case I believe I've seen a more caring side of him (in the phone call scene) but no one seems to agree that he has one...

Btw, do you remember seeing him leave the boat while they were at that island? I thought he had made that call while on the boat, but on further viewings of that scene it looked more like he was in a diner on land. There was a palm tree outside the window and on the table where he was sitting there were those plastic red and yellow squeeze bottles for ketchup and mustard. When I noticed those I thought that was not decor one would have in a 10 million dollar yacht! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Naja, Flight 462 was shown in pieces in the advert breaks of TWD this last season. Pretty annoying way to air a show imo! One of the characters from there is meant to join this show, and by one of the trailers I think it will happen next week.

I think it has to be Strand's boat, he's too much at home in it for it not to be. I think just before they left, which would be around the time of the call, that Strand did leave the boat. I thought it was odd to finally trust Daniel with it, and it was why Daniel was bold enough to look through Strand's stuff.

I am beginning to really like the character development. Strand is quite fascinating in his devotion(?) to whatever his goal is, but at the same time seems extremely loyal to these people he has adopted. Although I don't expect his destination to be entirely above board (or he'd have told everyone) I do think it will turn out to be honourable in some major way.

I liked Travis a lot more last night. Major warning signs for Chris though, was his willingness to kill the walkers at the fence part of some sort of break or part of some sort of acceptance of their situation?

Near the end we heard a gun shot, anyone know what that was? I wasn't the man killing the woman, because they knew about head shots and she was still a walker until the son put her down at the end of the show. Was it the man killing himself? That seems unlikely as he wouldn't want to leave his sons alone, or at least not the little one.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Was it the man killing himself? That seems unlikely as he wouldn't want to leave his sons alone, or at least not the little one."

He might want a quick exit if he had a bite. His wife turned within minutes so I'll bet he didn't want to take a chance with his sons' lives that he had more time than she did.

Naja, thanks for letting us know about Flight 462! I remember trying to watch it when it started way back when but the clips were too short for me to enjoy it. They killed any momentum they could have had and I just found it to be frustrating. However, after you reminded us of it, I went to amc.com and watched the whole 14 minutes last night and really enjoyed it! It actually added a bit of context to a scene in FTWD last season.

I looked up the cast in Flight 462 and found something interesting:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The boy on Flight 462 was played by Brendan Meyer. His credits show him as a cast member on the upcoming episode of FTWD, called Ouroboros, airing this Sunday, April 24. Looks like he survived the crash...or he "unsurvived" it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Talking of changing quickly, the first girl who changed back in episode one, in the church type thing where Nick woke up, not sure how quickly she changed but all the time we saw her she was human-like but with blood around her mouth. Now the little girl in this episode was instantly grey when she reanimated. I've forgotten the timeline and don't have my notes with me, but there was a gap of either two weeks or two months (I think it was weeks) during the occupation in season one, so we're probably at a month in, and the virus has already mutated that much. I guess it also ties in with The Walking Dead walkers, who were grey from the time Rick woke up.

Beverleyca

04-19-2016

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyca a private message Print Post    
Couple of things I noticed. When Salazar was searching the boat, at one point he lifted a seat and there was already a rifle laying on the seat. Then he finds a different rifle wrapped up under the seat. I'm pretty sure that was a blooper. The other thing is....why is Strand the first person we see using a cell phone? Has no one else even tried theirs? And why is his cell phone working anyway? Wouldn't the phone companies be shut down by now?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think it was a satellite phone. But I think it's too early for everything to be shut down already. When they left LA (a day or two before?) there were airplanes flying over the city bombing it. There's still some infrastructure left at this point. It's different on TWD because it's a couple of years later.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think Strand already had a shotgun or rifle with him...I saw him holding it in the cabin of the boat at some point. The gun Salazar found looked like an automatic weapon to me (from my vast experience watching shoot outs with similar looking ones on TV!).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, ahhhhh ty for explaining :-) and ooohhhhhh I would LOVE if he had a husband! I also agree that he seemed very caring to the person on the phone, I think he also has a soft spot for Nick.

No, I also thought he was on the boat. Never dawned on me he was somewhere else, interesting!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Strand was in military holding so maybe that hidden rifle ties to him being in the military, maybe a rebel

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" Now the little girl in this episode was instantly grey when she reanimated."

Hmmm...maybe that had to do with the way she died. She took some kind of poison pill so maybe she couldn't breathe for a few minutes before she died and started to turn blue?

Maybe there's always been a bit of a difference if someone dies from a bite vs some other way like a gunshot to the heart. I never made it point to look for a difference on TWD.

But anyhow, any time someone asks the producers technical questions about how the disease works they always just kind of laugh it off and say something that implies it doesn't really matter. and isn't part of the story.

On TD Lou Diamond Philips said he was hoping to find out if the virus was released by Strand or something and Hardwicke and the producers laughed and said something like he'll just be disappointed if he expects that to ever be revealed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, she could have been blue before she died. I'll have to take a better look at Mother Ranger too, she seemed a bit decayed looking but I'm only watching on a small laptop screen right now.

I like the idea of Strand being linked in some way to the military or a group like that who knew this was coming. I think in the beginning they did say something (at the hospital?) about the military knowing?? I'm lost without my notes.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I finally got a chance to watch this weeks episode. I enjoyed it. I"m not really into the gross zombie parts in either show, I usually fast forward through the zombie parts as I find it too shocking.

I too noticed Strand was in a diner. I have no idea who he was talking to but I too am intrigued where his storyline will go.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This was my fav ep so far. Action, character development, suspense, and heartbreak. Great ep!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
My only complaint...apparently we all watched that flight series for no reason. I actually liked thosese 2 characters and was looking forward to them being part ofo the cast :-(

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Never say never Pamy. Alex seems pretty resilient.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pam, even if that's the end of those two from the plane, I wouldn't say that watching "Flight 462" was for no reason. At the very least, it gave us some context. As I watched this episode, I decided to come here and say "thanks again" to Naja for the heads up about it being available on amc.com. (Thanks again, Naja!) If I hadn't watched it last week I wouldn't have known their back story and Strand cutting them loose wouldn't have had nearly as much impact as it did after learning who they were and what they went through. At the very least we know that she is a bad ass who knows how to handle herself in the zombie apocalypse and that she had survival skills that would have helped the people on the Abigail. WE know it was a bad judgment call on Strand's part for being too quick to label them a burden.

I'm now wondering/hoping that the woman and kid from the plane that Strand stranded (lol) on the raft will be found and rescued by the boat that that's following them. Maybe the guy on that boat will save those two to get help in locating The Abigail. Even if she doesn't know anything, she could pretend she does so they'll save her and the kid!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, SFJ. I thought I was the only one who hadn't seen it, which I thought was odd since I couldn't find even one word of discussion about it on the board.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was going by someone on FB posted that those 2 actors arent listed in anymore eps :-( but I didnt confirm that info

Sanfran, that is true but I still dont know if they explained why she was so protective of the kid. Did they say and i missed it?

I literally gasped when he cut the rope. Heartbreaking!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Sanfran, that is true but I still dont know if they explained why she was so protective of the kid. Did they say and i missed it? "

After seeing "Flight 462", I'd assume it was because they went through that horrific ordeal on the airplane together. Surviving a zombie attack on a plane and then crashing must be quite a bonding experience!

Had I not seen Flight 462, I probably would've just assumed they were related. Now I see those two as yet another example of how the apocalypse can very quickly change and bond people together who would've never bothered to even say "hi" to one another if they'd met in a different time and place.

I've also been thinking that if the kid survives, he'll have a big, obvious scar on his face. That would make him pretty identifiable if he suddenly appears again later this season or even a couple of seasons down the road. Of course, I'm still waiting/hoping that Tobias shows up again, too! :-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I think she felt so protective because she felt guilty that she got the last seat. She told him he would have been with his mother if it hadn't been for her getting the seat.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Scout that is what I was going to say. At first she seemed to have contempt for the kid. Then they saved the plane cop together with the knitting needle. Thats when she finally broke down and stated that it should of been his mother and that she got the last seat instead.

They talked about where they were going in front of the girl so I could see them pop up again since they know where the group was headed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten about that....but it is a perfect explanation for why she feel so responsible for him.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Good point Sanfran.

ahhhh the last seat...I remember now :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
another great ep! I'm not convinced Strand is really gay or if he doing a long con on that guy

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Long con is my bet. All opportunism.

I bet Yvette on TD was right that Alex from the plane told them about the yacht. Hope Strand learns a lesson or two!