TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 29, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: Archive through March 29, 2016 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Amen, Babyj, on your last paragraph.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Eli seems to like getting in trouble with Alicia, either he's losing his sixth sense that should tell him what to say or not say and when or doesn't know Alicia very well, and he should have known Alicia very well, but I guess he was a bit desperate and confessed something that should have stayed in the past, he could have made his point by saying he cared too much for her and only wanted her best interest.

Her husband running for President is a bit ridiculous, the opposition would shred both of them to bits.. do they really need more invasion of their privacy so the whole world will know they live separate lives?? I understand Alicia doesn't really want that but can't tell her husband... don't run, she has to go along hoping he'll lose..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Eli was looking to clear his guilty conscience. I think he truly meant to unburden himself, but it went terribly wrong. That's one of those things that are best left unsaid, when the confession relieves the confesser but causes pain to the confessee (as in "I had an affair"). Poor Eli. Alicia's done with him now.

It's very similar to when she found out Kalinda had slept with her husband. There was a rift for a while, but she eventually forgave her. Maybe she'll forgive Eli in time.

Peter Florrick running for President is no more ridiculous than Donald Trump running for President. He's been married 3 times, had an affair (at least once, with Marla Maples when he was married to Ivana) and has filed for bankruptcy several times. Hasn't seemed to hurt him in the poles. Just sayin' . . .

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
ridiculous because they seem to want their privacy preserved at all costs, at least Alicia does, and their campaign manager wants to show the world they're the perfect couple, while Trump doesn't give a darn about his privacy and has got all the money to run his own campaign the way he wants. Well, good for him, I may not agree with some of his views but I'm amazed at his ... gumption!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Spunky, you don't live in the USA, do you?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Gumption??? Ugh.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I'm just next door to you guys, very close to the North Pole...

Gumption?? Is this a 'too polite' word to describe Trump? I didn't want to use a bad word...

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Spunky, thanks. I was just wondering if you would want Trump to be President of where ever you live.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I, personally, think Donald Trump has made this campaign interesting and entertaining. He's give some of the other candidates the courage to stand up and say what they really think. I would take Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton any day, however.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OG, I'm with you. Biting my tongue. Really hard.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yeah. It's better that way.

06-29-2002

Monday, December 21, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
At TVCH, we discourage the discussion of politics anywhere but in the threads designated for that.

It's off topic anywhere else, and detracts from the thread topic.

Thank you.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
And a big THANK YOU, moderator!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Exactly why I was biting my tongue. Thank you!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Exactly why I zipped my lip. LOL

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, so happy her husband's campaign flopped. This episode was great at showing me how some election campaigns are too ridiculous to even participate as volunteers and the question why is Iowa so important in determining the candidate.

She needs to get over her past, the 'ifs' are just useless and for the 'rational' lawyer she is a bit surprising. I hope she comes back with her usual sharpness and some successful cases.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I think Alicia is just kind of in shock over Eli's revelation (which he NEVER should have told her, BTW--what good did it do anyone???). Once she has a chance to process her loss and get over the "what ifs," she'll be back on track. I still want her to get together with the investigator. Apparently Lucca does too!

DH and I were laughing when they showed the investigator (I'm so terrible at remembering names anymore! Sorry!) sitting in traffic in "San Francisco" with the reflection of the Golden Gate Bridge on his windshield. The only place he'd be able to get that reflection on his windshield would be if his car were parked on the deck of a tanker or a cruise ship sailing underneath the GG Bridge! You can't even see it from downtown! LOL!!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Time to get a divorce Alicia or is it?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
too bad that we're seeing the last episodes of the series, now that they're really getting very good. So much talk of being the final season, what a pity!

The series should go on with that super smart lawyer Lucca and so 'spunky' as a sequel.

I don't think Alicia's husband has anything to do with the investigation on her and Eli or his campaigner. I think it's someone who wants to get rid of her husband, the governor.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 15, 2016 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh, I think it is someone wanting to get rid of the governor. If she is still married to him they can't make her testify against him. Divorced, I think they might be able to make her testify.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Between episodes I tend to forget what a great show this is with such excellent writers.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They brought back the quirky lawyer and it was a pleasure to see her again.

However, this Alicia is not the same Alicia of previous seasons and now I really don't mind that the series is in the final season.

I just like Lucca, the series should go on just to see her in place of Alicia.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree Spunky, don't much care that this is the last season. Is there new writers?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I had the best laugh in weeks when Peter walked in on Jason. I don't know which of them was the most surprised.